SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Characters

Shadow The Hedgehog Details »»
Shadow The Hedgehog
Version: 2.1.14, by Speedwagon (likes to assault raccoons) Speedwagon is offline
Developer Last Online: Aug 2017

Category: Version: SRB2 Rating: (14 votes - 4.86 average)
Released: 06-26-2015 Last Update: Never Installs: 9
Characters

Hey guys! It's been at least a year since I first started project OWTHEEDGE. I hope you guys have fun with him! :)

Shadow's primary ability is Chaos Control. Use the directional keys to warp in any direction of your choosing. Tap jump while in midair to warp upwards and spin to go downwards. You can use this ability up to two times. You can also use homing attack on enemies when using your primary near enemies. In Match, use Chaos Control to warp away and mindgame your foes.

Another neat feature to note about Shadow is his air-cancel ability. Normally after a chaos control, you are left suspended in the air for about a second. You can cancel this so that you can drop down faster by pressing spin directly after a chaos control!

Shadow has a unique running gameplay. He is not affected by friction and any floor movement of any sort due to him skating/floating slightly in midair. However he's not as easy to control as Sonic now and mastery over skidding can potentially save you from hard platforming segments.

[video]http://giant.gfycat.com/ClosedWeakApatosaur.webm[/video]
oh and when you go super the limit on chaos control is removed.

Many thanks to Motorroach, RedEchidna, and Hellhawk for the spindash and drowning Lua, Jay and Hellhawk for Chaos Control, Larztard for skating SFX, and to Blade for charselect pic.

Download Now

File Type: rar Shadow.rar (223.7 KB, 14698 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20001.png
Views:	1108
Size:	134.8 KB
ID:	6581  

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 01-04-2016   #62
LEGGOĆ
†††

Just like SMS when he first released and really every iteration released after that, this wad is spammed on every server. Congratulations.
LEGGOĆ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016   #63
MrQuirkyKirk
I only use OGL for shadows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEGGOĆ View Post
Just like SMS when he first released and really every iteration released after that, this wad is spammed on every server. Congratulations.
At least Shadow has only a few unique abilities instead of every normal ability and nuke-thok. Shadow's generally fun to play as and provides a unique experience that no other character on the MB can replicate. In fact, most of the characters on the MB stand out from each other and give their own special playstyles. Even the badnik wads!
MrQuirkyKirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016   #64
Speedwagon
likes to assault raccoons
Developer

I've been working on an update recently. lol.
Speedwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016   #65
PixelGamer64
that guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedwagon View Post

I've been working on an update recently. lol.
Oh wow, this looks sick. I assume you're using FSonic's lua for Super Shadow to have custom sprites right?
Old 09-04-2016   #66
Speedwagon
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelGamer64 View Post
Oh wow, this looks sick. I assume you're using FSonic's lua for Super Shadow to have custom sprites right?
Yes. In addition to that, the Shadow update will have a complete bugfix with lua, updated sprites, and some gameplay changes in regards to match and when Shadow becomes super.
Old 09-04-2016   #67
PixelGamer64
that guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedwagon View Post
Yes. In addition to that, the Shadow update will have a complete bugfix with lua, updated sprites, and some gameplay changes in regards to match and when Shadow becomes super.
Sounds awesome, you've got me hyped. And do you have a set release date for this update?
Old 09-04-2016   #68
SANICBOOM644
Blue Hedgehog Acceleration

Will this clash with FSonic's super frames like his spin dash?
SANICBOOM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016   #69
Speedwagon
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelGamer64 View Post
Sounds awesome, you've got me hyped. And do you have a set release date for this update?
Not really. LOL. College and work ties me down a lot. Most of the work right now is just me finishing up sprites. The lua is all done. No promises but hopefully I can pull out something by... hmmm.. November maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANICBOOM644 View Post
Will this clash with FSonic's super frames like his spin dash?
What part of "complete bugfix" do you not understand? >:C

Last edited by Speedwagon; 09-04-2016 at 08:34 PM.
Old 10-26-2016   #70
Critical v5.2
Certified: Socially Awkward

This WAD is VERY fun to play with. Great control, movement, sprites, and animations. As everyone's saying, there are a few glitches and minor errors whilst playing, but these minor errors don't affect my experience playing with the WAD too majorly. This Shadow WAD, in my opinion, is definitely one of the better WADs that are available nowadays. Looking forward to future work from you, Speedwagon! Keep up the great work!

Last edited by Critical v5.2; 10-26-2016 at 12:39 PM.
Critical v5.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016   #71
Lilac

Is the new shadow done yet?
Lilac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016   #72
Bryce Hego
I'm fast as f*** boy

Will the new shadow have timestop/that version of chaoscontrol (of cource not but that would be sick)
Old 01-26-2017   #73
Chaotic Chao
horns Horns HORNS

Whenever you do decide to release this new version, I'm begging you, PLEASE map chaos control and homing attack to different buttons. Trying to use the chaos control but accidentally using the homing attack instead on a green snapper offscreen I couldn't possibly see and taking damage for it, or locking onto a spring in an inconvenient place and falling in a pit for it is unfair and needs to stop...

Also, chaos control does not work at all in 2D, but hopefully you knew that already...?
Chaotic Chao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017   #74
SANICBOOM644

Chaos control does work in 2D. Press up to go forward and down to go back
Old 01-26-2017   #75
Chaotic Chao
horns Horns HORNS

Okay, yeah, you're right, but...frankly, that's really confusing. I mean, it's 2D, so anyone's natural instinct would be up=up, down=down, right=right, etc, obviously...it's needlessly convoluted, which is probably why I was led to believe it was broken in the first place.

Wouldn't it be at all possible for the ability to check whether or not the current map is in 2D mode or something?
Chaotic Chao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017   #76
MarioFreak2001
The Cyan Knux

It all starts with this, a wad containing the ultimate character. (not really tbh. sorry)
Old 07-04-2017   #77
SANICBOOM644

Any updates Speedwagon?
Old 07-08-2017   #78
VirtualBlitz546
The infractions whore ;)

Hey SpeedWagon, I'm here with a few questions regarding my commitment to make an amazing Shadow MD2 for your godly Ow the Edge wad. I'm currently finding some trouble making the skating frames, the wad seems to ignore the MD2 and play the sprites instead, what must I do to make these sprites use the model? Is it a separate model? I tried making all the frames fit into the wad's number of frames, but no results yet :C
VirtualBlitz546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017   #79
Sapheros
That guy that ports

This wad uses CSTM for the extra frames Shadow uses, refer to Jeck's MD2s on Shadow for some help.
Old 07-08-2017   #80
OrdoMandalore

@Virt yeah since it uses extra sprites that aren't really part of the character, it needs a different model altogether. So make a normal md2 like you would any other object, make the sufficient amount of frames for it, and simply make it over CSTM, that being the name of the shadow skate frames.
OrdoMandalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017   #81
Speedwagon
Developer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThLsoIPlciU

ManicTH14 is helping me out with this.