SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Characters

Amy (rosy.wad) Details »»
Amy (rosy.wad)
Developer Last Online: Mar 2017

Category: Version: SRB2 Rating: (10 votes - 4.70 average)
Released: 04-25-2014 Last Update: 08-07-2014 Installs: 12
Characters Scripts

Based off sprites originally made by Chrispy, this version of Rosy has lua abilities loosely based on her gameplay in some of the official games.

The download now also contains a topdown version.

Spoiler: ability list
spin (standing or walking): hammer attack
spin (running): hammer leap
spin or jump in air: hammer air attack
custom1+jump: hammer jump
custom1+spin (on ground): slide
custom1+spin (in air): hammer drop

Download Now

File Type: zip rosy.zip (460.4 KB, 3452 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20000.gif
Views:	3517
Size:	7.01 MB
ID:	4622   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20002.gif
Views:	2582
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	4624   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20001.gif
Views:	2538
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	4665  

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 04-26-2014   #22
Zero_the_artificial
A Weavile Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenhog View Post
  • First of all, I removed her Hover Peelout.
...oh my god why so much hate to the Hover Peelout?!
Why would you want the Hover Peelout removed? It's a very useful ability and unique, while it's not too overpowered. I think it's a very fun ability, like using it against a spring to go higher and further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenhog View Post
  • When did Amy have anything like that in any the games?
Does it really matter? It's a new twist for Rosy. Something that makes her special (Yes, her Hammer Jump ability is something special too), and that makes her more fun to play as.
Personally I think that Rosy is pretty well balanced. Her inability to pop badniks by jumping on top of them, her Hammer Jump and other stuff mirrors the Advance games, but it looks like Katmint wanted her to do something cooler and fun.
And he is right.
Old 04-26-2014   #23
CobaltBW
I do things sometimes

Oh god! No delay actually completely breaks the hammer jump:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero_the_artificial View Post
It's a very useful ability and unique, while it's not too overpowered. I think it's a very fun ability, like using it against a spring to go higher and further.
The only reason the hover invulnerability dash doesn't make her overpowered is because her stats are garbage and the basic hammer attack is completely worthless. It's also broken as fuck and doesn't make any sense on a character like Rosy. I want to play a character that's all about attack timing and jump techniques, not this weird god-mode anti-physics boost.

Check out my soundcloud profile for music stuff

Last edited by CobaltBW; 04-26-2014 at 01:05 AM.
CobaltBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014   #24
Katmint

Please stop publicly uploading modifications of my Lua without permission. If you want to help, PM me your changes instead.

Besides, I already have half this stuff fixed for the next update. Putting custom versions in here is just going to cause a mess.

Last edited by Katmint; 04-26-2014 at 01:25 AM.
Katmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014   #25
Agustin1216
あなたは私の日本のユーザ名が好きですか ?

... SO overpowered... I like it as hell.

EDIT: The only reason i like this character besides his abilities is...
SHE HAS A CUSTOM TRANSFORMING SPRITE ANIMATION!

(Although it is a Sonic transforming animation, edited with Rosy's clothes, at least has a decent transforming animation. I love it.)

Last edited by Agustin1216; 04-26-2014 at 01:34 AM.
Agustin1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014   #26
Katmint

I've applied a significant update to Rosy.

Changelog:
-Hammer ground attack now causes a large heart shockwave that damages enemies
-Hammer air attack replaced by an aerial hammer twirl with a placeholder animation
-Peelout no longer locks your controls
-Hover removed from normal peelout, it's now an extra ability of the basic shield
-Slide moved to spin key
-Hammer drill no longer reduces speed and can now be canceled with spin
-Reduced cooldown on some abilities
-Fixed this bug
-Fixed that bug

Last edited by Katmint; 04-26-2014 at 07:19 AM.
Old 04-26-2014   #27
CobaltBW
I do things sometimes

Oh yeah, this is way better! Ground attack is a lot more effective at dispatching enemies, and the midair attack is good enough for bosses. I'm also liking the dash.

Still some things that should be addressed:

* The shockwave doesn't affect monitors or bosses, so hitting them with the basic ground attack is still a pain. For low gravity sections, I've found you actually can't reach the monitor without resorting to your air attack or hammer leap.
* The hammer leap should be accessible at a lower speed. It's the only way to hit the first phase of the CEZ3 boss that I know of, and it's hard to gain enough speed to actually execute the move.
* The underwater hammer jump still hasn't been fixed yet
* The "walking" hammer jump's horizontal thrust should be decreased a bit, or the standing hammer jump should apply when Rosy is barely moving. More often than not I'm finding it sets me at a speed faster than I was originally walking.
* You should still reduce the attack cooldown on the hammer jump. Maybe 1 second or 50 tics, but 2 seconds is excessive.
* I think increasing her acceleration or thrust is also still a good idea. The top speed should probably stay the same, as she has enough trouble in the Metal Sonic race as is.
* There's a hilarious bug where Rosy's death sprite will shoot forward if you die while using the dash. I think you can even control where it's going still.
* This is a minor point, but Rosy has hard time dealing with Minus. I don't know what you can do about this, just thought I'd note it.

I'm already liking this more than anything else in the releases section, but if you address the above it'll be perfect. Keep up the good work.

Last edited by CobaltBW; 04-26-2014 at 09:24 AM.
Old 04-26-2014   #28
thejoginghedge
Blazicronite in netgames

Where is her Floating peel out in this Ver?!? >:[
thejoginghedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014   #29
Vandarx

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejoginghedge View Post
Where is her Floating peel out in this Ver?!? >:[
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katmint View Post
-Hover removed from normal peelout, it's now an extra ability of the basic shield
Get a basic shield by breaking a whirlwind monitor as Rosy and you'll be able to use her hover peelout.

Also, on the subject of the hover peelout:

Not sure if the anti-gravity jump is intentional (or the disappearing sprites for that matter).

Last edited by Vandarx; 04-26-2014 at 01:26 PM.
Vandarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014   #30
Katmint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Warrior View Post
* The shockwave doesn't affect monitors or bosses, so hitting them with the basic ground attack is still a pain. For low gravity sections, I've found you actually can't reach the monitor without resorting to your air attack or hammer leap.

* I think increasing her acceleration or thrust is also still a good idea. The top speed should probably stay the same, as she has enough trouble in the Metal Sonic race as is.
The shockwave uses P_RadiusAttack which only works on normal enemies for some reason. If I can make the attack work using another method I'll change it.

As for the Metal Sonic race, that's the reason I set Rosy's top speed so high in the first place. She can still beat it with a top speed of 30 (slower than Tails) but you have to cut a lot of corners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandarx View Post
Not sure if the anti-gravity jump is intentional (or the disappearing sprites for that matter).
They're intentional.
Old 04-26-2014   #31
Puppyfaic
*panting sounds*

Uh
Puppyfaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014   #32
r543

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirblord23 View Post
Uh
D00D64-X's sonic had the same problem with the heat bar. It gets set for every player instead of only the one who activated it.
r543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014   #33
CobaltBW
I do things sometimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katmint View Post
She can still beat it with a top speed of 30 (slower than Tails) but you have to cut a lot of corners.
Yeah, about that gif, why did Rosy flip back to normal gravity at the last spike row section? I had the same thing happen to me and I'm not sure why. Is it a bug with the dash?

Old 04-26-2014   #34
BlueBlurForever
Dimpsy

BlueBlurForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014   #35
Whackjood
The unreliable joodge
Judge

I played through the game with the latest version of this wad earlier in the day, and it was really fun. I like how much difficulty she has with bosses, and how her new move set encourages the player to goof around and try different things to navigate the environments, such as her stomp attack being used to dive deep into THZ slime, or her bounce letting her cut many corners in the Metal Sonic race. Good stuff in a character wad that changes how you have to approach the game.
Battlenet tag: Whackjood#2732 (Europe)
"The Creeps" (1941)
Whackjood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014   #36
Katmint

Bugfix update.

Changelog:
-Acceleration slightly increased
-Reduced speed requirement for hammer leap
-Fixed hammer attack activating everyone's heart shockwave instead of just the user's
-Fixed peelout breaking reverse gravity
-Fixed being able to use peelout during race start countdown
-Fixed peelout not canceling on death
-Fixed being able to attack during hammer jump
-Fixed Rosy's jump height being normal instead of slightly higher

Last edited by Katmint; 04-27-2014 at 04:33 AM.
Old 04-27-2014   #37
CobaltBW
I do things sometimes

Okay, I think what you're trying to do with the hammer jump is make it so that Rosy can't use any moves for the duration of the jump. So you make the cooldown scale based on how high the jump will make her go.

The problem with this is that it doesn't account for when Rosy is landing on a platform that is higher or lower than the last. So when I use a hammer jump to reach a higher platform, I still have to wait a full second before I can use hammer jump again, and, not knowing this, I fuck up and miss my jump.

What you should do instead is add a check whenever Rosy uses the hammer jump that says "Rosy used a hammer jump", and uncheck this whenever Rosy is on the ground. Then you can code it so that Rosy will never be able to do an attack if "Rosy used a hammer jump", and you can do away with the cooldown timer so Rosy can use attacks at any time if she's already landed.

Also, I got crushed in the zoomtube when trying to reach the disco room. I don't know why. :(

Stats feel perfect now, I would keep them as is. Her hammer leap speed requirement should be toned down a little more, but otherwise it's alright. Her unflexible jump height is still a problem when it comes to rooms with low ceilings, and that in tandem with her standard melee's shittiness around monitors in lowgrav is completely denying me this:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20005.png
Views:	374
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	4645  

Last edited by CobaltBW; 04-27-2014 at 05:01 AM.
Old 04-27-2014   #38
Katmint

A fix for the hammer ground attack's shockwave not hitting monitors or bosses is still pending. I'm having some issues with the collision code.

About the hammer jump, a delay of some kind is needed to prevent the ledge rocket bug. I think I should be able to safely reduce it to around 1 second or so, though. I'll do that for the next update.

Last edited by Katmint; 04-27-2014 at 06:10 AM.
Old 04-27-2014   #39
CobaltBW
I do things sometimes

What you could do is keep a delay of ~25-30 tics but also add the extra check.

Old 04-27-2014   #40
Katmint

A 30 tic delay is just enough to avoid being triggered by this ledge, so I'll use that.

Also, the check already exists. I added it in last update.
Old 04-27-2014   #41
CobaltBW
I do things sometimes

Also, "Ability" is misspelled on the character select screen.