SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Mods

SRB2 The Past 1.08 Details »»
SRB2 The Past 1.08
Developer Last Online: Oct 2017

Category: Version: SRB2 Rating: (18 votes - 2.17 average)
Released: 12-24-2015 Last Update: Never Installs: 8
Single Player Levels Multiplayer Levels SOCs Scripts Re-Useable Content Sprites/Graphics

OPEN GL is NOT Supported. Please do not report any crashes encountered in this visual mode.

Made for 2.1.19

Main File updated to 1.08.b. Please redownload

Trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpUp...ature=youtu.be

SRB2 the Past is designed to be a Playable experience of SRB2's history, bringing forth past versions of levels, unlockables, and secrets.

In this Latest update, we have an entirely new Museum hub map (big thanks to RomioTheBadass), Red Volcano, the second Half of the TGF stages, and a new Mini hub for Unlockable stages.
Stages that once contained secrets that were missing last time now have them restored. However, Hyper powers are beyond my ability.

New to the package are 2 versions of a version of Sonic based on the Place holder Sonic Xtreme Sprites from all the way back in SRB2 Halloween and SRB2 Christmas.
Placeholder Xtreme Sonic comes in normal and High Speed variants. Both have a high acceleration, Multi-thok, and poor spin dash charge time.

This update also brings forth a much needed change to the TGF stages, PROPER SLOPES. Thanks to the SRB2 Devs, the TGF Stages can now have real slopes instead of those lag inducing pseudo slopes.

Other smaller changes have been made as well, including, but not limited to, the placement of missing emblems from last version,

For those looking for the split download, I have decided against doing one this time. This time there is now a compressed and uncompressed version. You can find the compressed version as part of the big everything bundel, while the uncompressed version can be found in the external link below.

Mirrors:
SRB2 the Past Full package: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lgz69ya1jy...undle.zip?dl=0 114 MB
SRB2 the Past Single player only: https://www.dropbox.com/s/32demb9wq6...8.wad.zip?dl=0 95.3 MB

Past Updates:
Spoiler:

Single Player
1.08.b: Fixed Techno Hill act 2 1.08 and 1.09.4 (1.09.4 version was not reported)

1.04:
Added Techno Hill Zone up to 2.0.7
Mini Hubs
Hidden levels
Half the SRB2 TGF and TGF Christmas Stages
A way to get to Disco Dash without cheats
Multiplayer Stages from 2.0.7 (Multiplayer)
A room for the concept art of SRB2's Badniks (complete with said concept art)
and several attract mode demos

SRBTP Multiplayer
12/28: minor fixes

Christmas Restoration
1/1/16: Added missing graphics and replace a few.

Confirmed Bugs and other mistakes
Spoiler:

Disco Dash on 2.1.15: Polyobjects have extra solid top textures in their target sectors
Red Volcano Hub: Volcano misspelled
Multiple levels:
Lower unpegged lines are no longer properly aligned.

Reminder, give as many details as possible when reporting a bug. The more I have, the better chance it can get fixed.

Extra Credits:
Wolfy for the Multi-thok script and Sapheros for helping me to get it working.

Download Now

File Type: zip PlaceholderSonic.zip (212.3 KB, 507 views)
File Type: zip MRTF_SRB2thepastMutiplayer1.08.a.wad.zip (19.03 MB, 514 views)
File Type: 001 SRB2tp1.08.b.7z.001 (60.00 MB, 386 views)
File Type: 002 SRB2tp1.08.b.7z.002 (26.72 MB, 346 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20024.png
Views:	3032
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	7116   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20032.png
Views:	2674
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	7118   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20035.png
Views:	2959
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	7119   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20017.png
Views:	2670
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	7120  

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• The author of this addon has given explicit permission for its content to be re-used and/or reproduced.

Comments
Old 07-08-2017   #82
Pinkio
or Clutsi

I find missing objects in Twisted Terminal Zone (CTF 2.0.7 MAP84):

Old 07-08-2017   #83
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKnight9000 View Post
Now, I have a few issues

1) Emblems are very scarce and I no longer earn them after completing an "era" (SRB2 TGF or Beta Quest etc)

2) The emblem radar sometimes doesn't work

Other than that, this update is amazing!

also, where do I find the black emerald? =3
Before I answer, I got a question, Have you played version 1.04 of this mod on the same version of SRB2 as the current version of this mod?
1.04 and 1.08 use the same save files. that being said, on with the answers!

1: Emblems only exist on the mini hubs, Sonic's Nightmare, Level versions from 1.04 and up, and as their own unlockables. If you collected an emblem in 1.04 it stays collected in 1.08.

For example, if you collected the "Click and Create" emblem after completing Techno Hill in 1.04, you don't get to collect another after completing Mine Maze.

2: The emblem radar only works on maps that still have emblems to collect, and if they're character specific ones, only if you're playing as the matching character.

As stated earlier, levels from srb2 version 1.04 and up have emblems, those that are Demo 4 and below, Not counting Sonic's Nightmare, have no emblems to collect at all.

Embrald: Before you go hunt it down some more, I must state that Hyper powers were not restored. I have no idea how to do this, nor do I have enough LUA experience to attempt it. That said, The Emerald can still be granted to you, but you need the 7 chaos emeralds, and have visited Red Volcano via the secret in GFZ1 1.09.4, and go visit Red XVI's House on GFZ2 1.09.4.

While the Emerald won't grant you hyper powers, it will still allow you access another Red XVI Secret in a 1.09.4 stage (that you also still need the 7 emeralds for).

Twisted Terminal Issue: Good catch Pinkio, I just checked to see what they were suppose to bew and those missing objects were the original flipped red springs. I'll get to work on fixing that right away.

Multiplayer pack updated to 1.08.a. Please redownload

Last edited by glaber; 07-08-2017 at 05:45 AM.
glaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017   #84
GreenKnight9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by glaber View Post
Before I answer, I got a question, Have you played version 1.04 of this mod on the same version of SRB2 as the current version of this mod?
1.04 and 1.08 use the same save files. that being said, on with the answers!

1: Emblems only exist on the mini hubs, Sonic's Nightmare, Level versions from 1.04 and up, and as their own unlockables. If you collected an emblem in 1.04 it stays collected in 1.08.

For example, if you collected the "Click and Create" emblem after completing Techno Hill in 1.04, you don't get to collect another after completing Mine Maze.

2: The emblem radar only works on maps that still have emblems to collect, and if they're character specific ones, only if you're playing as the matching character.

As stated earlier, levels from srb2 version 1.04 and up have emblems, those that are Demo 4 and below, Not counting Sonic's Nightmare, have no emblems to collect at all.

Embrald: Before you go hunt it down some more, I must state that Hyper powers were not restored. I have no idea how to do this, nor do I have enough LUA experience to attempt it. That said, The Emerald can still be granted to you, but you need the 7 chaos emeralds, and have visited Red Volcano via the secret in GFZ1 1.09.4, and go visit Red XVI's House on GFZ2 1.09.4.

While the Emerald won't grant you hyper powers, it will still allow you access another Red XVI Secret in a 1.09.4 stage (that you also still need the 7 emeralds for).

Twisted Terminal Issue: Good catch Pinkio, I just checked to see what they were suppose to bew and those missing objects were the original flipped red springs. I'll get to work on fixing that right away.

Multiplayer pack updated to 1.08.a. Please redownload
damn :(
I've seen many people assign special lua functions, is there no way to do that? (Using the Hyperv2 lua for the black emerald)
GreenKnight9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017   #85
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready

it might be possible to make a version of the lua script that checks for the black emerald emblem and the 7 emeralds, but as I stated, I lack the experience and know how.
Old 07-08-2017   #86
GreenKnight9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by glaber View Post
it might be possible to make a version of the lua script that checks for the black emerald emblem and the 7 emeralds, but as I stated, I lack the experience and know how.
That sucks, oh well. Good things come to those who wait

I have an idea, perhaps use a wad that has an item with a custom function as a base! It should give you the setup you need.

Don't give up. You've put your heart and soul into this project and you've come this far by overcoming the obstacles, I have full confidence knowing that you can do it! It's obvious that SRB2 Wadding is a talent of yours and it'll shine brighter than ever once you fully realize that.

TL;DR - Practice and don't give up.
GreenKnight9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017   #87
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready

Wadding and Socing are one thing, Lua is a whole new language to me. But that's not to say I wouldn't be willing to experiment. (you'd be surprised how much of this mod doesn't use Lua)
Old 07-11-2017   #88
Dying Dark
I'm AWESOME... I know

Death pit at Deton escape part in Techno Hill Zone v1.08 is not working.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20003.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	10916  
Dying Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017   #89
Prime 2.0
Actually a decent lazy bum

Glaber, while the main wads are too large to embed as single files, you still need to have them as attachments. Please make split archives for that purpose.
Science tells us that nothing can be proven, only rendered more likely to be true. If we do not question what we already know, how can we know, much less admit, when we're wrong? Such things are vital to progress.
Prime 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017   #90
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready

i'm not sure they'll fit. I'll create the split files when I get home and upload them as they're made.

My shift ends in roughly 2 hours from this post

EDIT
Split archive for the main files now uploaded. Techno hill issue has not been fixed yet.

EDIT 2
Techno Hill issue now fixed on all downloads, Main file updated to 1.08.a
Compressed version dropped.

Last edited by glaber; 07-12-2017 at 04:07 AM.
Old 07-20-2017   #91
Sonicboy The Hedgehog
^ is really "Axel Moon".

While I know this may seem a bit of a minor gripe, But Red Volcano's Hub Card and map name says "Red Volcaino" instead of "Red Volcano". Wasn't sure if you were aware of that or not.
Old 07-20-2017   #92
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready

Already noted in the "spoiler" for bugs and mistakes.
Old 07-25-2017   #93
Sonicboy The Hedgehog
^ is really "Axel Moon".

Oh, gotcha. My bad.
Old 07-25-2017   #94
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready

That's alright, Not everybody opens the "spoilers".
Old 07-28-2017   #95
Nate123

elevater after split in thz2 1.08 kills
Nate123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017   #96
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready

Thanks for telling me, the stage has now been fixed and I also fixed THZ2's death pits in 1.09.4 as well.
Old 08-05-2017   #97
Timothy Cyan-Tail'sFan
forever alone~

i'd like to ask...
WHY you put this here exactly? just curious
Old 08-06-2017   #98
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready

If I recall correctly, and if you're asking why it's in the mod section, I was directed to submit it to this section instead of the levels section by the Judges a few years ago.
Old 08-31-2017   #99
andresbravo900
Andres Bravo

Default Sweet Mod!

This Mod Take's Me Back Wonderful Memories Of SRB2 Since April 1998 (TGF Release) So, Good Job For That Mod!
andresbravo900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Day Ago   #100
Dragon99
Really likes SSNCaleb

Quote:
Originally Posted by U L T R A View Post
It sends me out of my own server and when i do it in my launcher it brings me to error zone
That Happend More In Multiplayer When You Select Coop (Sorry it was a late reply)
Old 9 Hours Ago   #101
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready

Really late considering Error zone was renamed into Construction zone.
but yes, selecting co-op or single player in the multiplayer wad sends you to the "Crash prevention map"

Last edited by glaber; 9 Hours Ago at 03:36 PM.