SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Help

Old 07-20-2017   #1
ThyTM
*Convenient text here*

Default Help, i portfowarded but still can't make a server

I am making my server but... I portfoward (Port 5029) (UDP) but still...
Nobody can join. Please help, what do i do?
Maybe... No. I don't.
Sanic is ded. *-*
ThyTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017   #2
Boo
Spikes The Echidna

If you actually did port forward correctly, it might be your firewall stopping SRB2 from hosting, also there is this thread http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=42720 which has port forwarding information. This is a common question, i feel how it is not be able to host a server, but i found out myself, my computer had this unique problem, i port forwarded with the ipv4 adress that shows in cmd, and i hosted fine, but when i replaced the PC's board( an internal component because of a problem i was having with USB drives) it wasn't working anymore, CMD showed the same IP adress, but when i downloaded the port forwarding tool, it showed what was my real IP which was totally different, and i tried that IP and it worked. This was probably caused by switching of the computer's board.

What i am trying to say is that it might be your firewall, or you port forwarded with the incorrect IP.

Actually my goal is to fill every single thread i post in with laughs.
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017   #3
ThyTM
*Convenient text here*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
If you actually did port forward correctly, it might be your firewall stopping SRB2 from hosting, also there is this thread http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=42720 which has port forwarding information. This is a common question, i feel how it is not be able to host a server, but i found out myself, my computer had this unique problem, i port forwarded with the ipv4 adress that shows in cmd, and i hosted fine, but when i replaced the PC's board( an internal component because of a problem i was having with USB drives) it wasn't working anymore, CMD showed the same IP adress, but when i downloaded the port forwarding tool, it showed what was my real IP which was totally different, and i tried that IP and it worked. This was probably caused by switching of the computer's board.

What i am trying to say is that it might be your firewall, or you port forwarded with the incorrect IP.
Well i will try these things. Thanks for helping!
Maybe... No. I don't.
Sanic is ded. *-*
ThyTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017   #4
Smith The Icefox
CHI DONT BREAK THIS FREAKIN

@Boo Does port trigger work instead of forward? Some people were joining in my port triggered server.
My Discord: Code#2962|Netgames Name: Kye or Code
Always looking for a trustable pal
Smith The Icefox is offline   Reply With Quote