SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Mods

Tortured Planet v10.5 Details »»
Tortured Planet v10.5
Version: 10.5, by Fawfulfan (The Tortured Planet guy) Fawfulfan is offline
Developer Last Online: Jul 2017

Category: Version: SRB2 Rating: (12 votes - 3.92 average)
Released: 08-24-2014 Last Update: Never Installs: 3
Single Player Levels Multiplayer Levels SOCs Sprites/Graphics

I bet you thought it was gone.

Tortured Planet is back with a vengeance, polished and ported for SRB2 2.1, with several new changes, including...
  • Full 2.1 style record attack! Tortured Planet now features no fewer than 140 emblems, and to collect them all you'll have to go above and beyond to finish the levels with stellar ring counts, scores, and time. (By the way, there are also some new super-secret emblems hidden away in several levels...)
  • Spacewalk Zone has been cut out of the main rotation entirely, although it can be unlocked after completing the game.
  • New texturing. Some of the gaudier, more ridiculous textures have been removed from zones like Eruption Conduit, Snowcap Nimbus, and Liftoff Gantry, to be replaced with new 2.1-era textures!
  • The later boss battles have been revamped. You'll have to see how for yourself.
  • A couple of levels have had other 2.1 features incorporated into them, including new enemies, hazards, and skyboxes.
  • A few other new secrets and improvements have been added to many of the levels...no spoilers!
And you get all this for the low, low price of...three alien skulls!

Update 1: My upload last night had WAY more bugs than any sensible designer should ever let slip through the cracks. Download 10.1 for a stabler, more functional experience...including a slightly new look for LGZ3.

Update 2:
I forgot to add in the level headers for the Special Stages to make sure they don't break. Fixed in 10.2.

Update 3: Fixed a broken cutscene and a broken texture.

Update 4: Fixed two broken boss battles: Star Showdown Zone and archived Alien Armageddon Zone. Also, the time requirement for the SSZ emblem was ridiculous, I've relaxed it.

Update 5: Minecart mode is gone, so I had to update the mine monorail in Fume Shaft Zone Act 2.

MIRROR: http://www.mediafire.com/download/92...anet-v10.5.rar

MUSIC: http://www.mediafire.com/download/uz...anet-Music.rar

Download Now

File Type: rar scmrtf_TorturedPlanet-Music.part1.rar (24.00 MB, 4063 views)
File Type: rar scmrtf_TorturedPlanet-Music.part2.rar (15.51 MB, 3813 views)
File Type: rar scmrtf_TorturedPlanet-v10.5.rar (14.77 MB, 5119 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	saz.png
Views:	2326
Size:	181.2 KB
ID:	5499   Click image for larger version

Name:	ecz.png
Views:	1951
Size:	152.1 KB
ID:	5500   Click image for larger version

Name:	ddz.png
Views:	1878
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	5501   Click image for larger version

Name:	snz.png
Views:	1828
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	5502   Click image for larger version

Name:	gcz.png
Views:	1645
Size:	210.4 KB
ID:	5503  

Name:	fsz.png
Views:	1532
Size:	160.4 KB
ID:	5504   Click image for larger version

Name:	lgz.png
Views:	1447
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	5505   Click image for larger version

Name:	aaz.png
Views:	1441
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	5507  

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 08-30-2014   #82
MrPixl
Ahem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duon the Adventurer View Post
* Metal Sonic does attack, just not when you're upside down from him
Actually, Metal doesn't attack at all.
He attempts to when you're not upside down from his position, but he doesn't actually attack.
He needs the electric gates from Egg Rock Zone 3 to draw power from.
MrPixl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014   #83
Fawfulfan
The Tortured Planet guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPixl View Post
Actually, Metal doesn't attack at all.
He attempts to when you're not upside down from his position, but he doesn't actually attack.
He needs the electric gates from Egg Rock Zone 3 to draw power from.
That was a very intentional design choice. The level is virtually impossible when Metal Sonic can attack, because he can hit you even when you're upside down and can't dodge or counter it.
Old 08-30-2014   #84
Larztard
Yeah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawfulfan View Post
That was a very intentional design choice. The level is virtually impossible when Metal Sonic can attack, because he can hit you even when you're upside down and can't dodge or counter it.
How about accommodate to the level design so this won't happen?
Old 08-30-2014   #85
MrPixl
Ahem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawfulfan View Post
Well, it should be at least a little (like very little) fair in his pinch mode. So that, you know, can beat the game with less failure.
MrPixl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014   #86
D00D64
A "rather brash" indivisual

Or how about not having such a shit boss fight if you're so unwilling to make it not shit? Or simply solve all of Spacewalk's problems by cutting it off like the gangrene infested toe that it is? You don't move the trash to your basement, you get it out of the house!
Quote:
<SpiritCrusher> But I wouldn't say "dead Jew child" is incorrect
<SpiritCrusher> Nobody would doubt that it's a dead Jew child
D00D64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014   #87
Iceman404
Tyler52 Forever

"But I can't just throw away my old junk, I'm a hoarder, it'd be a waste! What does it matter to you if you technically don't see it anymore?"
Old 08-31-2014   #88
DoomGamesLover
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Duon the Adventurer : * There is no way to fix the unnecessary Lags
Did i Request a fix for these lags ?
DoomGamesLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014   #89
Jeck Jims
Oh, THAT guy...

So, playing sonic + tails in fume shaft causes all character specific doors to be shut.. Making the level unbeatable.
Old 02-12-2015   #90
Saturn Ross

I really enjoy this level pack, as there is lots of detail and I could get a good flow with most levels, but I recently noticed ECZ has some quirks, such as a flickering door in Act 1, and Act 2's opening crusher section, which has an odd barrier rather than, say, a window, and the crushers themselves are easily bypassed.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	EC1 Defective Door.gif
Views:	412
Size:	5.92 MB
ID:	6023   Click image for larger version

Name:	EC2 Wall.png
Views:	383
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	6024   Click image for larger version

Name:	EC2 Crusher Fail.gif
Views:	419
Size:	2.03 MB
ID:	6025  

Last edited by Saturn Ross; 02-14-2015 at 02:32 AM.
Saturn Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015   #91
darck ss
Permanently Banned

wow man i love the music and the cutscenes great job man

(darck ss received a warning for this post: Use correct grammar and spelling.)
darck ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015   #92
SmashBro30
Former Player

The wad is awesome and I hope for updates!
Old 07-20-2015   #93
tn44
Death from Above

Just finished this save for the final boss(no rings and no detectable weakness >.>). I know it's not updated for the latest version but anybody looking to play, it works fine minus a time trial mode, and multiplayer doesn't work properly. May as well share my personal opinions and thoughts.

Level design felt solid and challenging from zone 2 onward, seems to have gotten progressively more difficult and the difficulty curve felt pretty natural. Each area was impressive and very cool visually as well, I felt, when I first saw some of the zones I couldn't help but tell myself 'how cool is that'. The soundtrack was fantastic, though the music 2 zip archive is corrupted, I don't know what I'm missing though as all the levels had music.

Levels sometimes felt overly long, AEZ 1 took me 16 minutes, AEZ 2 took me 11. Of course that's the first attempt on the level but a lot of them were like this, with times of 9 or 10 minutes. I have a 'no slow down' sort of playstyle as well (resulting in many deaths in this pack). Not saying that you should make the levels shorter, though. They were frustrating at times with issues that have been mentioned in other posts, in particular the ice mountain stage sent me to the game over screen dozens of times. I mostly blame this on going too fast on top of a tall mountain covered in ice though >.>

All in all I loved it, I'd love to see this updated to work for time trials and multiplayer racing. (multiplayer hosting works, anybody trying to join crashes and the host freezes until they are disconnected again, may be a version bug or something else)

Last edited by tn44; 07-20-2015 at 06:56 PM.
tn44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015   #94
Prime 2.0
Actually a decent lazy bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by tn44 View Post
Just finished this save for the final boss(no rings and no detectable weakness >.>).
If you're talking about old brak eggman, you ride his missiles back into him, and can also jump over his head to make him hit himself.

There's a reason we removed him from the vanilla game.
Science tells us that nothing can be proven, only rendered more likely to be true. If we do not question what we already know, how can we know, much less admit, when we're wrong? Such things are vital to progress.
Prime 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015   #95
tn44
Death from Above

Is that old brak in there? I honestly don't know, I started playing after he was removed.

I'll see if that works o.O
tn44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016   #96
TripleT

I played this and found this to be very good wad pack. I can tell all the levels were made in great detail. The music fits all the levels nicely. I like using Modern Sonic character wad for this since it works real smoothly.

Sunshine Atoll Zone - That wave trick is amazing in the beginning there. Being the first level it was easy.
Eruption Conduit Zone - This level was made very well and I like the music. Again the level being in the beginning was easy.
Drowned Downtown Zone - This level was again very detailed and very imaginative. Music fits well. For me it gets little tricky with the death pits but still on the easy-medium range.
Snowcap Nimbus Zone - I think this one is my favorite. The music I would describe as weird insanity type of music because it sounds crazy in a good way but fits well because the level is crazy in the long distance jumps over the floating clouds. Because of the many death pits I say the level is easy-medium difficulty.
Gritty Columns Zone - This particular level is where it gets more harder mainly Act 2 because in one area of Act 2 it gets very laggy and very hard to navigate. That part with the sand rising up was terrifying in good way. I say this level is medium-hard type.
Fume Shaft Zone - I only played this level once and not remember much from it. I like the riding mine cart. Using Sonic and Tails breaks game because the specific character areas not work and you get stuck.
Liftoff Gantry Zone - This level was built nicely. Not played enough to really know much about it.
Spacewalk Zone - This level was made very well and it is big and took me probably one hour to complete. However I like that the level was made with such detail and find it a shame that it was left out of the pack when it had a level skip button. I think it should be put back into the other levels with the skip button available to those who not want to do that level which is understandable. The music is really good here. Modern Sonic in this level really helps. I know this level took lot of effort to make there. I say this level is hard to very hard with Act 3 being Extremely Hard and very tedious.
Alien Armageddon Zone - This be my least favorite zone. It takes forever to get through this zone with lots of traps. I would say this would be the hardest zone but I only played this once and not know enough to be certain.
Star Showdown Zone - I cheated on this zone which means it was probably very hard.

Overall this wad was really great. The first beginning 4 levels are my favorite.
TripleT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017   #97
Dying Dark
I'm AWESOME... I know

Default Great work

I knew about this MOD from a long time.. I played it a lot and appreciate the detailed work you've done in it. I also loved the music. I wonder how much time is spent in this project.

Bug (or whatever the below thing is called precisely):
I can stand there (attached image) in Drowned Downtown Zone 1.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	srb20004.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	10828   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20005.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	10829   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20006.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	10830  

Last edited by Dying Dark; 06-27-2017 at 05:45 AM. Reason: Forgot something..
Dying Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017   #98
RomioTheBadass
Right there, Criminal Scum!

Sorry for the bump, The mod crashes at Star Shodwdown Zone, saying some linedef is missing it's back side, this happens if you die and the game attempts to reload the level, Not sure if you're visiting the forums anymore but i just wanted to point this out so perhaps you can fix it some day, Otherwise I really enjoyed the pack, the levels, the music and the unique ideas introduced in it.
Old 07-17-2017   #99
ProtoBlur
also known as King Proto

This has to be my favorite level pack in all of SRB2. It has 9 amazing zones, which would seem like it would sacrifice quality over quantity but it doesn't, with great set pieces and level design. I don't really care for the music though IMO, but the unlockable content is pretty cool with a great amount of record attack content as well. My only real complaint is that Spacewalk was removed for its unfavorable level design and length. That's not my problem though, the problem lies with the fact that its required to play this stage for record attack for 100% completion. It should really be removed. Other than that this is an amazing level pack.