SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Mods

SRB2 Demo 2 Remaster - 2.1.17, Beta 1 Details »»
SRB2 Demo 2 Remaster - 2.1.17, Beta 1
Developer Last Online: Mar 2017

Category: Version: SRB2 Rating: (2 votes - 3.60 average)
Released: 02-09-2017 Last Update: Never Installs: 0
Characters Single Player Levels Multiplayer Levels Sprites/Graphics Is in Beta Stage

This level pack is a remaster of the 20 scrapped maps that SSNTails made for the single player campaign for Demo 2 with some improvements in some unfinished cases, the official first 4, 3 completely new maps, 7 special stages from Demo 4.35 and some secret stuff.

This level pack was made with help from Lobco, his profile is https://mb.srb2.org/member.php?u=6532.
Features old midi music, XMas Tails and Demo 4 Knux (Credit to red the fox, MetalSonicmk72 and Wolfy for the character and allowing this be free access for all) with their old sprites and old sfx along the old maps, for a more authentic demo 2 experience. Turn the quality to 320x200 for extra demo 2 immersion.
Extra props to Wolfy again for the Multi-thok lua file.
Now: Demo wad characters are not exclusive to the wad anymore. Download the demo characters rar file to get them in a separate wad.

Download Now

File Type: rar democharacterwad.rar (263.0 KB, 503 views)
File Type: rar update4-2demosremaster.rar (3.76 MB, 481 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20000.jpg
Views:	823
Size:	250.6 KB
ID:	9661   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20004.gif
Views:	966
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	9662   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20001.jpg
Views:	812
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	9663   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20007.gif
Views:	944
Size:	4.53 MB
ID:	9664  

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 03-25-2017   #42
Blaze The Cat
& Knuckles

Nevermind that; This is the wrong WAD altogether. Sorry. =/

Last edited by Blaze The Cat; 03-25-2017 at 08:04 AM.
Blaze The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017   #43
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready

About that one way thing in Mine maze, I still don't think it's a good idea when the one way path is the only path.

I think to be a little bit more fair, it would be best to make those closers into moving crushers instead. Maybe even review how the stage worked in demo 2.

For example, the very first path close, and the only one really on Demo 2's development version of Mine Maze, there is a second path that opens to allow other players to get through. This would indicate that the original level designer was already thinking about this problem.
glaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017   #44
IFrickBees1

Quote:
Originally Posted by glaber View Post
About that one way thing in Mine maze, I still don't think it's a good idea when the one way path is the only path.

I think to be a little bit more fair, it would be best to make those closers into moving crushers instead. Maybe even review how the stage worked in demo 2.

For example, the very first path close, and the only one really on Demo 2's development version of Mine Maze, there is a second path that opens to allow other players to get through. This would indicate that the original level designer was already thinking about this problem.
The thing about crushers is that they make a lot of noise (see DCZ1, I really wanted to cut the goddamn noise but I just couldn't) and if you don't make them fast, they're a pushover. They also seem very robotic, you know, rock ceiling moving up and down like its natural, and with them you can go back to the level how much you want, and that doesn't give me at least much sense of danger. The level was also designed to have SOME bullshit design.
However, not replacing every one-time crushers and just some cases would be a good idea. It'd stripe it away from its bullshit design, but hey, sacrifices.

Also, I played complete Demo 2 a lot now, and I think its pretty safe to say that that path doesn't open up until you get past that crusher.
IFrickBees1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017   #45
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready

I'm sure you also noticed that the first crusher also rose up from the ground too?

Also what's the player suppose to do if they trigger the one time crusher that doesn't reset and wind up on the wrong side of it? there is dangerous, and then there is impossible.

(also Sonic 2's Mystic cave had the repeating crushers too)
glaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017   #46
IFrickBees1

Quote:
Originally Posted by glaber View Post
I'm sure you also noticed that the first crusher also rose up from the ground too?

Also what's the player suppose to do if they trigger the one time crusher that doesn't reset and wind up on the wrong side of it? there is dangerous, and then there is impossible.

(also Sonic 2's Mystic cave had the repeating crushers too)
Okay, fine, I will change some crushers to repeating crushers, but only the fast ones and "situationally bad" ones (I'm keeping the ending of the act tense).

Also, don't compare Mystic Cave to Mine Maze. They're two completely different things AND those crushers did look very odd!
IFrickBees1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017   #47
RomioTheBadass
Right there, Criminal Scum!

Mystic Cave looked like a Mine tho, but yeah I agree that those Floor crushers looked weird.