Custom Skincolor Thread

frozenLake

Considering the recent interest in Skin colors, I have decided to take it upon myself and create a thread for people to share their skin colors.

As such, I am providing a base to aid in sharing your skin colors.
CINrHXX.png

For an example of usage, I will be providing my own skin colors as a base.

VQKktxQ.png

A square in the top left corner of the color on the palette indicates that it does not exist in the SRB2 palette.

(RMP on the Tan)

Edit: It seems there has been a small level of confusion when it comes to posting skin colors: You are allowed to post skin colors that use colors off of the skin color palette, but those colors should not be considered to be part of the "contest", and only as something that is just being shown off. (Though, it would probably be nice if you marked colors that are not on the 2.2 palette with a square in the corner, like upon my examples.)

This edit is endorsed by toaster, who is amazing and a boss.

Last edited:
Oh, cool!
Here's one that I once thought of. It's literally just pink and rosewood stitched together, but it's passable
iVdhjYP.png

Here's the 2.2 palette and existing skincolours again, if you explicitly wanna make something for it instead of fiddling around with custom shades.

There is a chance 2.2 may have more skincolours than the ones in this image. If I create them myself, I'll show them off here; if, on the other hand, stuff I find here is sufficiently cool, it COULD end up in the main game - without inclusion in the credits, since it's not really that important, but you'll go wild with the tremendous pride that arises or your money back.* If you're happy with this, please mark your posts RMP, for "Reuse Maybe Please".

EDIT: Please stop submitting RMP stuff for now, thanks! I'm going through the lot that currently exists and it's difficult to settle on stuff when the pile keeps on getting added to. Non-RMP stuff is okay to share.

Happy rainbows!

*You didn't pay us anything, so you don't get any money back. Sorry!

Last edited:
Some people saw my own skincolor on discord, so I don't see why not posting it here.

Palette value:
NCtwbiT.png

Palette on characters:
Gw65obu.png

(RMP)

Last edited:
INAZUMA.png

I would love to see this shade of blue in the future.

Last edited:
Ah, cool, we have a thread for skin color ideas now? I did a lot of this sort of thing back in the 2.0 days:

https://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/User:Monster_Iestyn/Sandbox#Custom_Skin_Color_Ideas

(Note: I personally made "Olive" an actual color along with "Tan" aka Peach-Brown for SRB2 itself in v2.1, while Cyan was already fixed and Teal already existed by the time I joined the dev team)

I have a bunch more where those came from, but I have no access to them at the moment.

Last edited:
XDslNgj.png

Less 'Desired' than just a little experiment. I call it 'Pulsavender'
...Pulsar Lavender, because 'Galatic Purple' sounds lame

afB66oL.png

With a bonus work area incase you want to touch it up a little.

Maybe RMP? I don't know if you would want to bother, though...

EDIT:

NbfKIvJ.png

Better version of the above, RMP.

Last edited:
Messed around for a bit...

I was a little interested with custom colors, so I decide to make some of my own

cEfSsj1.png

Prussian
SQrpOk7.png

Cerise or Candy Apple
maY4t0j.png

(Could also be called Navy Blue)
J5jewME.png

Sky Blue
nqK2UMn.png

Lemony Green

Last edited:
Some assorted palette ranges for inspiration:

SNOW.png

Ice Blue

SUNSET.png

Sunset

AREA51.png

High-Contrast Green

GOFFIK.png

High-Contrast Purple (goffik)

MOSSROCK.png

Army Green

REDPURPL.png

Red-violet

WATER.png

Water

SAND.png

Sand

And some less serious ones:
MEAN.png

Edgy

ASHURA.png

Inverted Green (i'm-a sure-a some people will like this one)

WECHNIA.png

Last edited:
68a1332f53.png

Desert Sand

Tried to do a sand theme, and used warm colors.

d2932e7463.png

Mainframe

Inspired by frozenLake's all 31 choice.

Last edited:
Tapeworm's Red-Violet inspired me.

TUYkENr.png

First it was just the addition of Rosy shades, but then I decided to take it further with the second, replacing the red shades with pinks, and turn it into what I call Rose-Violet.

A couple of attempts towards creating more hue shifted looking skin colors:

Nv8pfUB.png

Seafoam

VuuDYcC.png

Solar

N1TT4jS.png

Midnight

6Lyn4fq.png

Olive

tmEhtor.png

When contacting Toaster today, she informed me that she had modified Red-Orange to fit the palette. I have decided to share this edit with you, after packaging it into a nicely colored example.

You can totally RMP the rest of my examples if you edit them to use the palette, by the way. Heck, I'll just say I'm applying RMP to all of my stuff if you want to edit it yourself.

Here's my attempt at creating some custom colors. RMP.
oliaP3v.png

Indigo

nmCSxKc.png

Dark Gray

kGFUSBT.png

Dark Gray(Alternative)

UdTZPbd.png

Mud

3axAju7.png

Sunflower

FDHggwV.png

Blue Hell

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back