• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

chi.miru's project/lua/resource thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea what the last one is, but I like what I see. In fact, I like all of these~

I... I'm having a hard time believing that was even done in SRB2. That's beyond amazing.

FragrantBaggyBluet.gif

If you were able to do that with 24 bit palette, you could become professional texture/interface artist by just showing that. =D

Whoa. WHOA. That is just beautiful in all aspects. Can't wait to see more!

I have no way of showing this through normal means like a gif, so I have a video instead

[link]

Dear god, chi, that's beautiful. I've always wanted music distortion based on level context in SRB2, and you've implemented it perfectly. I'm wondering whether it's a little laggy, though, or just that your computer doesn't like recording that much? Mostly asking that because there's a little bit of frame drop at some points in that video.

Dear god, chi, that's beautiful. I've always wanted music distortion based on level context in SRB2, and you've implemented it perfectly. I'm wondering whether it's a little laggy, though, or just that your computer doesn't like recording that much? Mostly asking that because there's a little bit of frame drop at some points in that video.

It's video lag, the actual playing of music runs fine

I also have a better example of this using something other than music distortion

[link]

Welp, this just destroys the unreleased aquatuned.lua idea I had in mind. (Damn you sdl2) But I love the effect of how the music mutes a few instruments upon going underwater. (Which concerns me how does this fare upon srb2win.exe? Does it work there as well?)

The script works fine in SDL2 and DirectDraw builds. The songs don't even have to run at the same speed if you tweak the script a bit. The only issue is it can use up a lot of the available sound freeslots per song.

edit: hi chee

Last edited:
That being said, if its going to use those music slots... Will it be custom for each song in the game? Or just the songs used in the videos?

It has to be set up for each song you wanna use. The setup she showed me involved two sets of samples - one for the instrumental track and one for the vocal track, in the one she sent - where each sample is a 5-second clip of the song, set up as a sound effect. The game keeps a timer rolling and plays the sound effects in sequence, switching between each set depending on whatever condition.

It might be possible to do it with music slots instead of sound effects, which would have some benefits (like actually being considered music by the game), but I'm not sure if switching music tracks constantly would have any worse performance than sound effects, since the former's definitely not meant to constantly switch tracks. (That said, the clips are small enough that loading one shouldn't cause any lag.) If it works like that then that might be the way this would be used in a mod, since it doesn't take up SFX channels, it'll use the music volume setting like it's supposed to, and there are (ironically) more unused slots available for music than there are for SFX.

edit: I am required by law to append "hi chee" to every post I make in this topic

Last edited:
I saw the SRB2CB version in 'fun, and it feels theres something missing without seeing those slops making cave geometry and cliffs

Still looks good, though

Last edited:
I saw the SRB2CB version in 'fun, and it feels theres something missing without seeing those slops making cave geometry and cliffs

Still looks good, though

As much as the levels in the gifs look pretty good, I have to second this. The screenshots posted in 'fun were so good that it made me want slopes to be implemented in SRB2.

Other than that, really good looking level design so far. The only thing bothering me is the morph ball gif, given that the morph ball in there seems a tad light. I recall it being a lot heavier in Metroid Prime.

lalOgKF.png

Just waiting now..

>slopes

SORCERER, I IMPLORE THOU TO UNCONCEAL THE SOURCE OF THIS MAGNIFICIENT MAGIC OF THINE

Unless this is one of those SRB2CB screenshots that TehRealSalt and MotorRoach were talking about, then never mind me.

EDIT: OK, so this Red's fault. That dude is gonna nuke SRB2 with one of these days with his crazyness, I mean, damn. Slopes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back