Favorite Gametype

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's your favorite gametype in Sonic Robo Blast 2? My favorite gametype is co-op mode. This only includes the vanilla gametypes.

Last edited:
My favorite is Record attack mode, especially for time attacking. I hate to be on servers because my ping is almost never under 250

My 4 favourite game-types (as seen in level headers) are, in no particular order, singleplayer, single, solo, SP.

(I never seem to find any servers with less than 180 ping, and without client lag compensation, I think just 80 would be unplayable, and I don't have anyone to play with locally on one computer.)

CTF can be so much fun when there is a decent amount of people. Match is fun, but the extra direction and goals that CTF has (getting that flag, of course) puts it first.

Hide and seek is also great. It's not a mode you see used a lot, but it's second after CTF.

It used to be race mode, before those meddling developerse hadn't taken out the circuit tracks. Now my favorite is Co-op mode.

EDIT: *Developers*

Last edited:
It used to be race mode, before those meddling developerse hadn't taken out the circuit tracks. Now my favorite is Co-op mode.

If you like circuit that much, you can just copypaste the old circuit maps from 2.0.x zones.dta and make some header for them.

Anyways, my favorite gametype is Co-Op+Tails, you know, flying Sonic players into pits :3 (I'm such an asshole...)

Well, Single Player if I haven't made that any more blatantly obvious.

Although, out of all that I've played so far, CTF is my second favorite. There's more to it than "shoot people the most". You have a goal to work towards: quickly stealing the opponent's flag. It works because there's an element of speed to it, the whole point of Sonic (well, not the whole point, but it's the most apparent). Then of course, when you have a substantial amount of people playing and aren't sitting alone in a server waiting, you can experience the teamwork aspect. It works well enough, just protect the guy with the flag and make sure you have yours.

I can't comment on Team Match, Competition, Race, and if I remember correctly, Tag.

By far my favorite gametype would be CTF. like Pixel-Voxel said, its more than "shoot people the most". the only problem is with the way the netcode is currently set up, that there are flag glitches where no one has the flag, yet it isnt at any of the bases or to be found anywhere on the map. other than that, my 2nd favorite is Race. i guess im just more of a competitive person and i love beating other players to the finish.

Does Ice Hockey count?

In all seriousness, CTF and Match used to be fun before everyone started to leave Srb2. Now it's just Match Match and more Match because CTF is broken. Hide and Seek is also kinda fun if it's only a few people in your server. Tag got boring for some reason.

Now it's just Match Match and more Match because CTF is broken.

I'm pretty sure that Coop floods the MS nowadays, last time I checked. Besides, all netplay is broken, not just CTF. (not that i'm complaining that its broken, i know that it happens during mid-game joining and that complaining isn't helping)

Favorite mode is SP. Always preferred to play by myself, but if I had to choose a multiplayer mode, it would be CTF, hands down.

I'm pretty sure that Coop floods the MS nowadays, last time I checked.

I can never get a decent co-op game. Every time there is one, it usually has mods attached to it and due to how dinosaur-like this PC I'm running is, the game will usually crash trying to download the 5-8 files the servers usually have. It is mostly Match and CTF though.

Well, either that or it's an RP server and those are just boring.

Now it's just Match Match and more Match because CTF is broken.

CTF does occasionally break with a team's flags somehow disappearing, rendering the game stuck in whatever state it was until the timer runs out. Anything else is left to general netplay issues, like Sonic100000 said.

Oh, you mean the server not being able to give you a 500 KB file, so you have to find the file yourself, and two surprises:
1, The file is on 4shared
2, It's a recolor, a bad map or a OP character :|
Sadly, what I say is true...

The best co-op is vanilla, until a 6 year noob joins and spam you to add wads....

Single Player and Co-op. I really enjoy the idea of playing a Sonic game with multiple people, and even by yourself most levels are fleshed out that you get really engaged with it. I don't have anything against the shooting gametypes, I just find the physics based platforming part to be the most engaging part of SRB2.

From what I've played, I like SP, Co-op, CTF and Hide n' seek. I would also like Tag but I prefer Hide n' Seek. I'm surprised that this games has all this gametypes, and a multiplayer, not only that, I like most Co-op with mods. I impressed that the developers of this game could do all this gametypes so well, and I say thanks. I don't know if this is a gametype but, I also like the Emerald Hunt, but well, the other are the important for now.

My favorite would be tag for sure. I love exploring levels for areas to hide in and stuff like that. Plus because the game has colors you can make sonic and friends, you can cammo into the environment! Like this one time in JVZ I hid in some bushes in the bomb room on the cliffside as a green Knuckles and no one found me for the whole 15(?) minuet or so round. =D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back