Suggestions

S_SKIN option to be able to use the Lightdash button for various things.

0 = Nothing, but Lightdash in SA Mode only. (default)
1 = Nothing in all modes.
2 = Lightdash in all modes.
3 = Knux Punch.

Or something like that. By logic, this would replace the lightdash variable.

Nono.

Lightdash = 0 - No lightdash at all
Lightdash = 1 - Lightdash in SA mode
Lightdash = 2 - Lightdash in other modes.

And the Knuckles Punch would be stupid, because that would require SRB2 to add extra frames to characters.

I'd like to see the teleports act the way they do in Sonic 2, that is, swap items between the players, such as barriers, invincibility, and speed shoes. In match, I think it'd be interesting if they swapped weapons, too.

Anything that falls into a Death Pit should vanish. I've noticed many times that gargoyles can become makeshift platforms if you push them into a pit.

I'd like to see some form of palette swap for things like underwater effects, magma, etc. It could work simply by using the palette name for the upper texture where the hex value would otherwise go. And for those cases where the camera is above the water/magma/acid/etc, the lower texture could use the hex value as a backup so the game doesn't go texture crazy. Seriously, look at the purple in THZ's chemical, and then tell me that a general palette change with a purple tint wouldn't look so much better.

A colormap of some sort in the textures and things. For example, with textures, putting "*6" at the end of a texture you set would map its colors to red(putting nothing will give it the original colors though). With things(only things like flowers, ect.), it can be set in the thing options when you're placing them in Doom Builder or another map editor.

A console toggle that forces the game to skip the score tally screens after completing a level or special stage.

INTIME 0 makes it record scores, then go to the next level like normally. It has 1-P style intermissions.

The channel (#srb2fun) is clamoring about this, so, how about a ring collecting mode in team and in Free-For-All. And while I am at it, make Chaos Emerald levels have less green and red textures. Not everyone has perfect vision.

Mystic's beloved Chaos mode just lagged too much once the respawn time was low. You'd be covered with so many bots, it took out the fun. Plus not many people liked it.

And I think the reason Zero Ring was removed was because it had no game flow. That and because FF must of reported the vile beating his server had when I got the black shield twice and hit everyone on his server.

Sector Type: Second Chance Death Pit
You know how in Pumpkin Hill, when you fall into the death pit, you don't die, but you get blown back up, and then if you don't get on to land and fall back down, you die. This is the same as that.

Character Ability: Swim
No special ability on land, but in water, you can hold spindash to go up, and then let go to go down.

Character Abiity: Fish
Same as Swim, but you can breathe underwater forever.

Instead of immediately starting the game when you host, it should take you to that mode's option menu, THEN it should start the game.
The current mode's option menu should also be part of the main menu for easy access, just like the Switch Map menu.

Seperate "Boom Push/Pull" into "Push/Pull Parameters 1" and "Push/Pull Parameters 2."

The length of the linedef with "Push/Pull Parameters 1" is X, and the length of the linedef that has "Push/Pull Parameters 2" is Y.

X is how far away from the Push or Pull object where the effect fades.
Y is how strong the effect at full power.

I demand that every deathpit gradients the brightness to 0 so you're actually falling into a pit, as opposed to touching a black floor.

Using a map as the background of the title screen.

How, you say? Here's my proposed method...
Add a 'Title screen cam' thing to a level, and some NiGHTs-type axises for it to follow. And 'Title screen cam lookpoints', which the camera will focus on. It will focus on the nearest one, and look smoothly from one to the next. And you could add an endpoint to the end of the route, and it would like... Go to the next map, or something.

Also, the option to stay in the map for the camera.

At the moment, bouncy-ness is the pits for socs.
In addition to the normal box that you check, a variable box to enter a percentage of how much speed it has after touching a wall. AKA Speed x Entered variable = Net speed. The variable, being a percentage, would be multiplied as a decimal, like 100% would be one, 125% would be 1.25, and 75% would be 0.75. If it hits a bouncy wall, speed would be either treated as coming out with 100% or a higher value, if specified as such in the soc editor. For example, if lower or equal to 1, set value absolute 1. If higher than 1, leave as-is. (I know that isn't REAL programming language, but you get the idea.)

Also, though tivial compared to the above, boxes to check so that objects turn in relation to their new found direction and bounce off floor. :P

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Back