What Game was Your Biggest Disappointment? (besides Sonic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bigboi

Mine was Parappa the Rapper 2. It was WAY too easy. I got it for Christmas, and beat within 30 minutes.

Dammit.. the only thing I can think of is Sonic.. it's just that damn dissapointing..
Hmm..
Ah, Kirby Air Ride.

It's a good game with serious flaws that drag the game down seriously. Fetchquests, long parts with no interesting content, and that god damn Triforce piece hunt stick out in my mind. Any game I stopped playing for months right before the end has serious issues. The only reason I bothered to finish it was because one of the people in #srb2 said that the ending of the game ruled, and was worth putting up with the garbage near the end.

Basically, it could have been great, but there are so many glaring flaws that make it the worst of the series to me, with the exception of Adventures of Link, of course.

Metroid Fusion. Now, before you start throwing stuff at me, take a gander below.

Metroid Fusion was an awesome game, and I've played through it many times, but it was a disappointment, as I was expecting something more like Metroid 3, and I got a game that was far too linear. I did like the storyline, but it was too easy and straightforward.

Mystic said:
with the exception of Adventures of Link, of course.

I still don't consider Adventures of Link a Zelda game.

Blue Blur said:
I did like the storyline, but it was too easy and straightforward.

I loved the game and the story, the only thing that bothered me was Samus' arrogance. "Someone with my power is a thret to the universe."

---

The game dissapointed me the most though, I have to say, was Dragonball Z Sagas...That doesn't need an explaination.

Shadow the hedgehog, barely a sonic game.

...Pokemon colloseum was bad to, it was WAY to bright, even on my old, dark TV. Short, easily forgetful music, bland scenery, and repetitive.

Re: What Game was Your Biggest Disappointment? (besides Soni

Bigboi said:
Mine was Parappa the Rapper 2. It was WAY too easy. I got it for Christmas, and beat within 30 minutes.

ObsCure - Looks great but TO Short! (Gameingtime: Only 3h 27m)

brianv said:
Final Fantasy 7

Heresy! Explain, please, I'm dying to understand.

As for myself, my biggest disappointment was Dark Cloud. I don't know what happened there, but Kingdom Hearts is really all Square Enix has going for it in terms of real-time RPGs. Dark Cloud is more like a joke session SE made in preparation for KH.

High Hat 314 said:
brianv said:
Final Fantasy 7

As for myself, my biggest disappointment was Dark Cloud. I don't know what happened there, but Kingdom Hearts is really all Square Enix has going for it in terms of real-time RPGs. Dark Cloud is more like a joke session SE made in preparation for KH.
Too much reading. But then again, all FF games are like that. I just said FF7 because I knew someone would be all confused :lol: .

If you hate reading, why are you here? I mean, that IS what a forum consists of, right?

Final Fantasy VII blew me away back when I first played it. The graphics never really appealed to me, but back then, the game was just plain cool. Trying to play it nowadays is really painful, though, with the bad localization (Look, Barret: swearing does not make you cool.), horrid graphical style (3D models on prerendered backgrounds was ugly in 1997, and is more ugly now), and boring gameplay (Hit A. A lot. Repeat until enemy is dead or you're low on health, where you find a healing item and continue hitting A).

Wasn't it X or O Mystic? :P

Anyways, my biggest disappointment? Guh, hard to say, the only games I play are the good ones. :P

I guess the best I could think of was Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. Alone, it was just plain boring and EGM's Hsu & Chan comic with Mean Mr. Potato and the Peas come to mind when I think of the multiplayer for that game.

JJames19119 said:
Wasn't it X or O Mystic? :P
I never bothered to remember what the buttons on the Playstation controller were. Whatever idiot decided to name them after shapes should be drug out into the street and shot.

The A button is the one on the right. The Playstation controller is a SNES controller with extra shoulder buttons and analog sticks, after all, so me and my friends just use the SNES button letters, because "press the triangle button" just sounds dumb. =P

brianv said:
High Hat 314 said:
brianv said:
Final Fantasy 7

Too much reading. But then again, all FF games are like that. I just said FF7 because I knew someone would be all confused :lol: .

Aw c'mon. There's as much fighting as there is reading, you just have to intentionally go and look for a fight.

As for you, Mystic, I've gotta disagree. Hell, I'm playing over the game right now. I haven't ever beaten it you see, and the only games I've been playing as of late are games from the mid to late nineties. I wasn't much of a gamer back then, and I'm making up for lost time.

As far as the gameplay goes, its about as intricate as any current FF game I've played. The secret is that you just have to look past the combat. There's plenty of tactics involved when you consider things like weapon, armor, accessory, and materia placement, of which I frequently change depending on where I'm going.

On that subject, there's also the consideration of what weapons and armor do to materia once its in place, (for example: double or normal growth) which could be a double-edged sword (no pun intended) if say the weapon in question is weak while having double materia growth.

As far as story goes, FF VII is about as involved as a sci-fi novel, and seeing how many enthusiastic analysts spawn from those, I'd imagine FF VII is no different. I loved the story.

And speaking of the PS controller, its funny you should say that, because Zeshiro was telling me the other day how Sony steals all of Nintendo's ideas. =P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back