[Open Assets] SRB2-The Emerald Isles v. 3.0.7

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, and every time I quit, it just went back to Emerald Isle Zone. I don't understand why it's doing that.

Not sure what the problem could be, then. Check that the wad is in the main SRB2 directory. If that doesnt work, then delete the tei3 save file.

TailsFan99, are you by any chance adding other mods that can modify the game after adding The Emerald Isles? They can disable the ability for mods with custom gamedata like TEI to save the game.

TailsFan99, are you by any chance adding other mods that can modify the game after adding The Emerald Isles? They can disable the ability for mods with custom gamedata like TEI to save the game.
No I'm not. I've added other mods that are just cosmetic changes, but The Emerald Isles was added AFTER the others, so it shouldn't be unsavable.

Huh, okay then... does typing "ismodifiedgame" in the console at least give you "modifiedgame is true, but you can save emblem and time data in this mod" then?

That is strange Monster Iestyn, I can't seem to reproduce this, with only TEI added.

Just so you guys know, at the end of Emerald Isle Zone Act 3 I used the "blue" exit. In case anyone who didn't experience the bug all went the "red" exit or something.

EDIT: Aha, going the "red" exit instead DOES save the game apparently. Interesting.

Last edited:
Okay I know what's going on now: because all the levels going the "blue exit" route from the end of EIZ3 all have hidden=1 in their level headers, none of them are allowed to be saved by the game (as "hidden" levels apparently cannot save the game).

I had no idea the hidden attribute did that. Ill fix it when I get back in town in a couple of days. Thanks for troubleshooting for me!

This was also an issue in Boss Mayhem as the final levels were supposed to be prevented from access, but since hidden=1 prevents game saving, I had to set up unlockables to be earned after completing them. You could also make a custom level select as a locked unlockable to bypass this.

Ok, updated the MAINCFG with the new attributes, and tweaked a few nuances I've found in some of the other levels.

I tried going through Emerald Isle Zone Act 2 quickly like it says in the secrets checklist (Sub-2 minutes as Sonic) But I still cannot unlock it. How do you even unlock it? The secrets checklist hint isn't exactly helping me.

Try hanging a right past the capsule towards the "secret" door on the wall. The door locks after a certain time limit(roughly 2:30, its pretty lax)

Hey Kuja. I'd just like to come and let you know that I'm going to be playing your mod pack in my speedrun during a speedrunning marathon called Degen Dash 3.

I'll be playing Any% Red Levels Sonic. That means I'll be accessing all the latest levels the pack has to offer, as good old Sonic, without the Chaos Emeralds.

https://www.speedrun.com/dash3/schedule

Here is the schedule, I am blazethecat on the list. Not sure if you'll get the message in time, but I'll see you there.

P.S. I found 2:30 to be very lax. My best time on Emerald Isle zone 2 is now 1:12.22

Last edited:
In case anyone thought I missed Blaze's previous post(Or that I was dead), I did acknowledge it via PM. And it was quite an entertaining run! But the reason I'm posting now is because I've finally got around to updating this unwieldy cluster of levels.

• A few of the longer levels have had some of their "teeth" removed. Many of the nastier/obnoxious hazards that were present before should now be much less do or die (Forgotten Grove Zone 1 in particular)
  • Maps have been optimized somewhat and have fewer sectors and more streamlined paths. Although I can't promise a huge increase for everyone; if you're still playing on a potato you won't notice much of a difference in FPS. Arctic Ravine 2 is still the hugest level there ever was. Sorry.
  • Clusters of air bubbles have been added in new aquatic labyrinth 1 have been added to make them easier to see and get to.
  • The alternate boss in old aquatic labyrinth 3 should now properly give you a choice in the next level to choose.
  • The old music for twilight pass 1 is back as the default.
  • the ??? level difficulty has been adjusted somewhat.
  • Some unrelated graffiti nonsense in BCZ1 ;)
  • Some other stuff I forgot to mention.

Some of the guest times die mid-level or go way out of bounds.

I thought I'd point that out whenever possible.

The new paint job on Blaze Canyon legitimately hurts my eyes. I'm sorry.

Also, can we put Sonic CD US's shoes soundtrack into the mod? https://puu.sh/yQkLo/ba27eab25b.zip

Last edited:
For your first point, I haven't gotten around to updating the guest times since like mid-March. I'll probably work on that this weekend.

Retrospectively, the old Blaze Canyon colors were rather samey/drab, with brown walls coupled with brown dirt combined with brown ceilings. Given how colorful Sonic games generally are, it always felt a bit...mismatched with every other level. But I can understand that the "brightness" is off-putting. I'll try and come up with a different color scheme.

As for the speed shoes music, I feel that I'd have to find appropriate / non ear grating invincibility music as well, which is kind of why I've left it as the default all this time. It would feel kind of silly to change one and not the other. Any suggestions(NOT sonic 3/sonic cd)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back