Confirmed Goo faucet pushes upwards instead of downwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alumae

She/Her
I don't think this is supposed to happen??? It's not that big of an issue but I figured I might as well post it.

Okay so SRB2 isn't taking my gif file and DropBox has basically turned into a money-eating shithole so I'm going to do my best to explain:

In THZ1, in the open area with the large pile of goop, there's a faucet to the right of the metal platform that doesn't push down; it pushes up. It's not intrusive, but it's a thing.

---------- Post added at 03:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 AM ----------

Ok so I take it back about Dropbox, I talked to someone and I was able to upload my gif and here it is:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oxwq2l9s1koe9mz/srb20001.gif?dl=0

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess its due to the physics of the actual game itself. Its meant to do that since the goo always pulls you up.

I mean, on the one hand I'm not sure It's a bug? I mean It's sorta counterintuitive. On the other hand, that's hilarious and I almost don't want to see it go

If the player steps into a goo waterfall, the same thing happens. It's a consistent mechanic and I think it should stay that way.

Most goo waterfalls hide this shame by including a current to push you away from it so you can't stay there long enough to go up, making me believe that it's more a mapping gripe than a bug in the good itself. The goo is designed to anti-gravity the player anyway through buoyancy. It's more or less how it's used that really matters.

Most goo waterfalls hide this shame by including a current to push you away from it so you can't stay there long enough to go up, making me believe that it's more a mapping gripe than a bug in the good itself. The goo is designed to anti-gravity the player anyway through buoyancy. It's more or less how it's used that really matters.

Funny how if you hit a grav flip box and jump in slime it doesnt reverse the slime effect.

It just pushes you up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back