SegaSonic Ray V2

Wumbo

edited
Introducing, the world's first third Ray WAD... with sprites!

AyKofDB.jpg

SegaSonic Ray utilizes Emong's script, Ray's sprites from SegaSonic the Hedgehog (Ripped by Ragey), attention to offsets and a few custom gliding sprites by me. If you were hoping for a full WAD with entirely custom sprites in the SRB2 style, please read the title again.

I might as well get this out of the way before I go any further: Emong created the script, not me! If you have any questions related to Ray's ability, contact him instead! (Sending feedback through this thread is completely acceptable regardless)

• Flying above or below polyobjects can sometimes end flight without colliding with anything
  • Flying is a little wonky at scales smaller than normal
  • Gliding sounds will not loop and instead fade-out due to Lua limitations
Version 1:
Initial release

Version 2:
Updated with new version of RayMania.lua
  • Emong for the original base WAD and script (and for giving me permission to release this)
  • Ragey for the spritesheet
  • Everyone who pointed out I was missing stuff on the gliding sprites

Attachments

• srb20088.jpg
    srb20088.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 1,952
  • srb20047.gif
    srb20047.gif
    5.9 MB · Views: 2,971
  • RaySSTH-v2.zip
    205.6 KB · Views: 7,783
Last edited:
Weird to start with, but once you get the hang of pressing the right direction when you start flying, and using spindash for extra lift-off speed, and the flight itself, this guy is pretty dang fun, and also possibly a bit overpowered, provided C-Lag doesn't mess with you too much. Glad somebody got some sprites for this ability so quick.

Welcome to Releases!

Last edited:
And with this, Encore runs can truly start.

Loved Ray's gameplay in Mania, definitely excited to see how it works out in SRB2.

Sonic Manyaa... Pluz: HEY IS MIGHTY AND.... a red guy what i dint know of his existence.

What if Ray had Sprites that matched the whole game and we used FSonic as a base

Just a quick question...

When in 2D mode, the controls for flight are still forward to dive and backwards to ascend, when it would make sense for it to be either left or right (depending on the direction you are facing) to dive and the other to ascend.

Were there any plans to change this?

Just a quick question...

When in 2D mode, the controls for flight are still forward to dive and backwards to ascend, when it would make sense for it to be either left or right (depending on the direction you are facing) to dive and the other to ascend.

Were there any plans to change this?

It's actually already intended to behave like that. I'll have to give it a look and see what broke.

Do you know what I like?
Mobility with physics and other cool things so it is like an adventure, not just flying around in objectplace.

I like this wad by association then.

Updated to V2 in conjunction with the new version of RayMania.lua

EDIT: Quick hotfix

Last edited:
Is there going to be a pair up with Mighty (SegaSonic Mighty) ? oh and Ray's tail does not show when he runs.

I found a bug (though this may just be a bit of a nitpick) Super Ray can spam his flight abillity and gain hight by pulling back. Can you fix this? It makes him super broken (no pun intended) in matches

I found a bug (though this may just be a bit of a nitpick) Super Ray can spam his flight abillity and gain hight by pulling back. Can you fix this? It makes him super broken (no pun intended) in matches

Technically not a bug, though it is an unfortunate side effect of multi-glide being a thing (there's a minimum speed when you start gliding, so if you keep starting a glide you maintain that speed). Might be a good idea to just disable multi-glide in match.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back