[Open Assets] Monster Iestyn's Mighty, ported to 2.1!

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon_T

Pyro the Setsuna Fan
(yea, I have permission to do this)
permission1.pngpermission2.jpg

Do you remember that Mighty WAD from 2.0 made by Monster Iestyn? Because he's back and he now can do Wall Jumps like in Knuckles' Chaotix! (Wall Jump Lua by Tripel the Fox)
mighty1.pngmighty2.pngmighty3.pngmighty4.png

Just hop into a wall and hold the Jump button to cling to it, and release the button to shoot yourself very high! (This even can be used to navigate through certain Knuckles-only paths!)
mighty5.gif

Ah, I almost forget something: Mighty's jump is higher than Knuckles' but lower than Sonic's

Attachments

• Mighty2.1.rar
    97.8 KB · Views: 7,458
Last edited:
wow, another mighty, atleast this one have more features, it would be better with stomp but we cant do everything.
Cheese's god is not yellow and yes green

Last edited:
Is that a glitch, or just an absence of information? Mighty has never turned Super in an official Sonic game yet, given he's only appeared in two without any Chaos Emeralds. He probably will in Mania, since even Tails has one there sadly, but we don't know what palette they've given him.

Honestly, I kind of feel like the real issue is that this WAD was given a Super form in the first place. ;P

Super form or not, I've updated this to have a custom Super color Lua made by me to fix that color issue in Ring-Slinger gamemodes

Yeah, the original 1.09.4 version of my Mighty was never designed to have a super form. It was all the rage back then, and I think I kind of wanted to go against the rage? Not like anyone has a choice now when it comes to ringslinger it seems. =V

Curious to know though, where does Super mighty being pink rather than yellow come from? Some obscure (or at least obscure to me) Sonic fangame, or just because he's the same colors as Knuckles?

Last edited:
Since Sonic is the only character to change his color and shape in the original games and Tails and Knuckles simply glow in brighter versions of their natural colors, it sort of makes the most sense that Mighty would follow suit and glow the same way Knuckles does. Then again, Mighty's design being similar to Sonic's means glowing yellow isn't completely out of the question. I do think he looks better in pink though. There are some fan games that include Super Mighty, such as Sonic Megamix (pink) and Sonic World (terribly ugly mix of the two colors). I do think the best Super Mighty I've ever seen would have to be this one though.

Why does he have yellow ears, though

They're supposed to be the same color as his other "skin"-colored parts (belly, cheeks, etc).

That's entirely my fault, I sprited the guy 10 or 11 years ago probably from memory, and somehow I got all sorts of things wrong. =P

The cobra association still haunts my memories.

Unfortunately, Mighty's Wall Jump doesn't like to play nicely with slopes... but only sometimes? Its an oddity, but might have to do with how slopes are made. Also, the wall jump seems to fail on thok barriers, so, that is another factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back