CD Sonic

I mean if you really want to poke at the super sprites being wrong, he's got 2 extra spines there

I thought those were supposed to represent the anomalous extra spine that appears when looking at super sonic from the side; the extra spine that toei Sonic also mysteriously has sometimes.

From the Sonic 3 sprite I always assumed that extra spine was just one from the other side of his head

So I played around with this a bit, and it was really fun, even without a single emerald, the spring thok and double jump made speeding through the stages fast and exhilarating.

I've yet to try the emerald abilities, but what I've seen so far kind of reminds me of the Custom Shoes' gem abilites from Sonic 06.

Disregarding the whole sprite color situation, this wad is a solid 10/10 for me, and that's just without the emeralds.

Homing Attack Addition?

I love your CD Sonic Character Mod here. If it's possible, could you please update CD Sonic with the Homing Attack...? Maybe then it can balance everything out instead of CD Sonic being to overly difficult since I have an extremely hard time playing as him. I love the ability of using the Chaos Emeralds and everything, but I feel (and possibly others) would agree that CD Sonic needs a Homing Attack to balance CD Sonic's Move set and Game play. This wad is a solid 10/10 for my book in my Mod Folder, and that's just without the emeralds. I still very recommend you give CD Sonic a Homing Attack.

Last edited:
I love your CD Sonic Character Mod here. If it's possible, could you please update CD Sonic with the Homing Attack...? Maybe then it can balance everything out instead of CD Sonic being to overly difficult since I have an extremely hard time playing as him. I love the ability of using the Chaos Emeralds and everything, but I feel (and possibly others) would agree that CD Sonic needs a Homing Attack to balance CD Sonic's Move set and Game play. This wad is a solid 10/10 for my book in my Mod Folder, and that's just without the emeralds. I still very recommend you give CD Sonic a Homing Attack.
Just to make sure, he ALREADY has a Homing Attack. If you get the 3rd Emerald, of course.

Elyos is correct! Grab the third emerald and you can use ringfire/custom 1 to perform a homing attack.

Also, apologies to all for not getting the update done yet. I'm really busy with school at the moment, and I've also been working on other WADs (I worked on the recently released TSonic; go check that out if you haven't already!).

Are there plans for CD Tails for Tag Team for them both? I'm just wondering and it would be cool to see it.

Some of these gems really need balancing and tweaks so that all of them are fun to use and able to all be used more often.

1: White gem may benefit from a range debuff, an inaccuracy factor or a cooldown (suggestion of 30-60 seconds, or using rings).

2: Orange gem should probably be able to give invincibility to projectiles, just enough so that it can be used as an anti-enemy tool, but not so that you can cheese everything like the white gem.

3: Red and blue are fine, in my opinion.

4: Light blue gem would likely benefit from a built-in attack if it doesn't have one. (I'm not entirely sure if it can be used as an attack, but being able to collect rings while attacking would be fun to use and used more often).

5: Purple gem should NOT be able to be used with an elemental shield, it makes a combination that breaks almost everything due to extreme constant jump with the bounce.

6: Green gem should be able to be held for easier use, like the purple gem.

7: I think it'd be helpful if you could reorder the gems so that you can have your favorites up front.

I'm not afraid of critiquing, go ahead and bounce your ideas off mine.

Last edited:
Are there plans for CD Tails for Tag Team for them both? I'm just wondering and it would be cool to see it.

No, sorry! I don't want to work on any more sprite rip WADs. I've already outlined the reasons why this one was an exception.

With regards to updating CD Sonic—I'll hopefully pull out a small patch in the future to fix some of the bugs/issues, but I've decided I'm not going to make many changes to his moveset (if any at all). I'm involved in a lot of other projects for 2.1 at the moment, so I don't think this character is worth much more of my time.

No, sorry! I don't want to work on any more sprite rip WADs. I've already outlined the reasons why this one was an exception.

With regards to updating CD Sonic—I'll hopefully pull out a small patch in the future to fix some of the bugs/issues, but I've decided I'm not going to make many changes to his moveset (if any at all). I'm involved in a lot of other projects for 2.1 at the moment, so I don't think this character is worth much more of my time.

Then what if MotorRoach can? I will just give links to Tails' Sprite Sheets. He did appear in CD after all.

https://www.spriters-resource.com/pc_computer/soniccd2011/sheet/55459/

https://www.spriters-resource.com/pc_computer/soniccd2011/sheet/55461/

I just would like to see that.

Last edited:
Then what if MotorRoach can? I will just give links to Tails' Sprite Sheets. He did appear in CD after all.

https://www.spriters-resource.com/pc_computer/soniccd2011/sheet/55459/

https://www.spriters-resource.com/pc_computer/soniccd2011/sheet/55461/

I just would like to see that.

MotorRoach is the person least likely to make a character out of ripped sprites, lol. If you want CD Tails so badly, you should have a go at making it yourself! I highly doubt you'll find anyone else who thinks the effort is worth it. Remember, the only reason CD Sonic exists at all is because I felt the urge to learn to make mods for the game.

Hah, I started making a CD Tails a couple months ago and I've got the concepts I want to add and everything; the thing is that I haven't really felt any motivation to actually do it more often than I usually do.. I haven't gotten past replacing all the sprites yet but I'm getting closer.. To be honest I'm just doing this to figure out how to make a character mod for the game. :P

Hah, I started making a CD Tails a couple months ago and I've got the concepts I want to add and everything; the thing is that I haven't really felt any motivation to actually do it more often than I usually do.. I haven't gotten past replacing all the sprites yet but I'm getting closer.. To be honest I'm just doing this to figure out how to make a character mod for the game. :P

Oh, nice! Good luck with that. It's rewarding to see my first project inspiring others to also take a shot at modding!

"I'm outta here" sequence?

I know in Sonic CD that if you were not controlling Sonic for ~10 mins. he would say "I'm outta here!", jump off the screen and cause a game over. Is there any way to do this here? That'd be pretty cool and funny.

I know in Sonic CD that if you were not controlling Sonic for ~10 mins. he would say "I'm outta here!", jump off the screen and cause a game over. Is there any way to do this here? That'd be pretty cool and funny.

Why don't you give it a try? ;)

On SRB2? I can't make mods very well.

I meant that it's already a feature. If you sit in CD Sonic's foot-tapping animation for three minutes, he'll kill himself by jumping through the floor!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back