[Open Assets] Chaos 0

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacy

Now with less viruses
Chaos 0 is ready to wash out the competition!

After last being seen in 2.0 I've finally got my 2.1 port of Chaos out (with Chrispy's permission of course), but it seems different this time.

attachment.php

Chaos has some neat new tricks up it's sleeves in order to cope with being in this new version!

- Chaos starts off weak, but each Chaos Emerald collected now passively boosts it stats! The difficulty of the game is totally dependent on exactly how many emeralds you collect and how fast you get them!

- Being submerged makes Chaos move faster and jump higher than other characters as well as being able to stay underwater indefinitely (Since it would be weird for a being made of water to drown). This makes Chaos a great pick for Singleplayer/Cooperative levels with lots of water like Deep Sea Zone or to add an interesting twist to Multiplayer levels like Tidal Palace.

- Chaos has both the Double Jump and Glide/Climb air abilities, you can get to areas that other characters with only either ability can get to! But you can only use them one at a time, you can switch the ability you want to use with the Custom 1 Button. Beware though, you can't change back to the ability you had for thirty seconds so make your switch count!

attachment.php

Chaos comes in both transparent and solid flavors, each of which come with custom sounds or default SRB2 sounds. While transparent is cool I should warn you, Don't use the transparent ones if you have ColorBlend added! THE GAME WILL CRASH!

There is also a file for glide and climb sounds, I originally tried to make them work for only Chaos but the script got moody and laggy with that, so it gives all Gliding characters gliding and climbing sounds.

Credits:
Chrispy - Made the original character wad all the way back in 1.09!

Senku - Ported the character to 2.0 which I built off of.

Attachments

• Chaos 0.rar
    278.5 KB · Views: 7,282
  • srb20012.png
    srb20012.png
    94.6 KB · Views: 19,139
  • srb20013.jpg
    srb20013.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 1,757
  • srb20014.jpg
    srb20014.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 1,333
  • srb20006.gif
    7.6 MB · Views: 17,234
Hiya! This is a pretty fun port, and I do enjoy what is there.

Though I sorta feel I should suggest some other possible stuff- Such as making it's spin maybe a sort of 'retreat' like it going into the watery form was shown as in the adventure games.
IE: Instead of a spindash charging, it causes the puddle sprite, which then shrinks and vanishes, letting him hide and recover; but once it's released, he hops up from the ground (Quickly) and deals damage to whatever is above him.

Another idea could be changing the glide to a 'swim' of sorts when under water, letting Chaos 0 swim about slowly instead of gliding slowly while going about under da sea.

Just my two cents, still a good port!

Great work! Hard to believe some of my old wads are still floating around the SRB2 community, I never dreamed my assets would live on this long.

Hiya! This is a pretty fun port, and I do enjoy what is there.

Though I sorta feel I should suggest some other possible stuff- Such as making it's spin maybe a sort of 'retreat' like it going into the watery form was shown as in the adventure games.
IE: Instead of a spindash charging, it causes the puddle sprite, which then shrinks and vanishes, letting him hide and recover; but once it's released, he hops up from the ground (Quickly) and deals damage to whatever is above him.

Another idea could be changing the glide to a 'swim' of sorts when under water, letting Chaos 0 swim about slowly instead of gliding slowly while going about under da sea.

Just my two cents, still a good port!

Those are great ideas! I'll see if I can actually make them work and I'll be sure to credit you for them if I can.

Great work! Hard to believe some of my old wads are still floating around the SRB2 community, I never dreamed my assets would live on this long.

Well even by 1.09.4 standards your creations were really damn good, so of course they survived for as long as they have.

¿Any help?

i download the file i open it with winrar and says wath the file is damage, help?
Code:
btw, i made a md2 specialy for the wad.

I've seen this issue with other people, for some reason certain versions of Winrar won't extract the files correctly, try downloading the most recent version of Winrar and try it again. If that doesn't work I'll reupload the file to see if that's the issue.

(Also, to everyone who might still be waiting on an update for this wad, I am still working on it. Life stuff has just kind of been happening that is leaving me with less time to work on it, but I am getting it done. I hope to have it finished soon.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back