F. Sonic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found an issue as well. When spinning while super in dark places, the first tic after each change in the spinning sprite will be lighted according to the sector one is inside while the rest of the tics for that spinning frame will be full-bright, and charging a spin-dash is completely non-full-bright, despite pretty much every other super animation being consistently full-bright. Apologies if this is also a known issue.

Honestly, I was expecting that old FSonic wad. You know, Flying Sonic.

This was much, much better. I love you MotorRoach. Super Sanic is the best part of this imo, it really makes him look like the sonic from Sonic 2. I'm so happy that we got this guy before 2.2.

Speaking of 2.2, I gotta ask. Why exactly did you release him? I thought you wanted Sonic to be released with 2.2. I'm curious why you changed your mind.

Well, hats off to you guys, you managed change the one thing that always bothered me about SRB2, the movement speed.

It feels dynamic, rather than being an obvious set value that you reach after around 5 seconds of running, and that simply makes it so much more fun to me to play even the simplest levels, like GFZ2.
Honestly, in my opinion, this is probably the closest you can get to the idea of speed of the 2D games in 3D. Except that you're not just limited by the layout to go fast, but also the speed at which Sonic becomes uncontrollable.

Definitely something I'd love to see tinkered with with other characters.

Speaking of 2.2, I gotta ask. Why exactly did you release him? I thought you wanted Sonic to be released with 2.2. I'm curious why you changed your mind.

Well, after I saw the use that Lat' made of the F. Sonic sprites for his Silver, I noticed that I was actually glad that he used my sprites over the 2.1 Sonic sprites. That made me realize that I'd much rather let people have a much more well polished base to work with, whenever it came to making character wads, and that would pretty much save people from having to have to polish the many faults that 2.1 Sonic had to begin with (faulty shading, gray pixels, stiff animations). It wouldn't be very fair of me to force everyone to wait until 2.2 to let them make use of these sprites, especially since I don't expect 2.2 to come out too soon.

Of course, I also expect people who intend to use these sprites to also put some effort in the work they make. I don't want anyone to be lazy whenever it comes to editing/referencing these animations.

Of course, I also expect people who intend to use these sprites to also put some effort in the work they make. I don't want anyone to be lazy whenever it comes to editing/referencing these animations.

damn it.

.u.

Is it intentional when Fsonic gains speed, his jump height increases? Also does the Insta-shield have invincible properties?

Sorry if they have been answered. Im just curious you know :T

The super sprites are ORGASMIC!!!
fuck_yeah1_by_lord_iluvatar-d69lo2o.gif

well, charming or clicking is the better word, and i don't think the word itself is the hilarious thing, its just seeing this in the mb as an acceptable thing.
also please for the next time/next person don't use age as a way to win an argument. All i did was give my opinion and you insult me? i wasn't even firing at you. either way i like this wad and it's not a major thing, why start a fire?

It's not your age he's worried about, it's the fact that you were being immature. Don't get so defensive when you misunderstood what he meant.

There seems to be a problem with the WAD for me, as the spindash and super walk frames don't show, with the spindash just working like a normal SRB2 spindash and the super walk just having Sonic switch between the standing frame and SRB1 Sonic's spin sprite.

There seems to be a problem with the WAD for me, as the spindash and super walk frames don't show, with the spindash just working like a normal SRB2 spindash and the super walk just having Sonic switch between the standing frame and SRB1 Sonic's spin sprite.

Are you using 2.1.15? 'Cause I had the same issue too, but then I realised I was using 2.1.14. Try it.

Man, this actually kills my excitement for 2.2. Although I refuse to download the wad, it doesn't feel right to release it so early. just my opinion

Man, this actually kills my excitement for 2.2. Although I refuse to download the wad, it doesn't feel right to release it so early. just my opinion

You do realize that there is much more to 2.2 than just the Sonic sprites, right? This hardly defuses the hype train to begin with.

You might as well play it, cause you probably won't get the awesome Lua abilities in 2.2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back