Silver The Hedgehog [dot pk3]

Another fantastic wad, my highlight of silver is when you turn super and spam the dash ability, it was quite irritating to the eye ,with all the flashing and all.

Thumbs up from me :)

So, I think I've found a bug (in the first version and also 1.0.2). When throwing a 1-up monitor, it just... floats and jitters off upwards in the air instead of being flung like the other monitors. I assume it's trying to make the monitor home in on the 1-up icon.

aaaaa

Sorry for the inconvenience, here's another update.

1.0.2 update includes;
-Spamming Telekinesis shouldn't break the Hook anymore

I'm sorry, I'm extremely bad when it comes to bug testing because I tend to only play stuff the way they're meant to rather than going all out, lol.

Actually, it still breaks the hook. I think it only happens when using it against other players, but I'm not entirely sure.

Nice, Glad to see Silver is finished.
Me and my brother messed around with Silver in match and he's pretty fun to play as.

I think I found a bug.

DifferentNastyBandicoot.gif

It's rather hard to notice in the Gif, but in Silver's super form, there's a chance he'll take damage, despite being normally invincible.

I'm not quite sure if this happens with all bosses, but it definitely happens with Brak.

So, I think I've found a bug (in the first version and also 1.0.2). When throwing a 1-up monitor, it just... floats and jitters off upwards in the air instead of being flung like the other monitors. I assume it's trying to make the monitor home in on the 1-up icon.

Very weird. I have no idea what could have gone wrong with it since it used to work.

Actually, it still breaks the hook. I think it only happens when using it against other players, but I'm not entirely sure.

May I ask for the error that came out with the Hook break?

I think I found a bug.

It's rather hard to notice in the Gif, but in Silver's super form, there's a chance he'll take damage, despite being normally invincible.

I'm not quite sure if this happens with all bosses, but it definitely happens with Brak.

Intentioal, Super Silver is damaged by projectiles as he uses Match emeralds (even in SP), but is given a recovery flash time. This was especially made because Silver is quite powerful already when Super.

May I ask for the error that came out with the Hook break?

I can't seem to replicate it alone in a server, but the telekinesis script breaks. Or, the one which allows you to hold objects. For some reason, whenever Silver's added on a server, and we use the telekinesis, the script says 'Hook removed', and then whenever we use the telekinesis, the blue circle aura that surrounds Silver doesn't move with him.

I don't know if this is intentional or not, but enemies being held by telekinesis will still hurt you if they touch you (found using analog mode).

Silver's telekinetic auras are sometimes larger in hitbox size than the objects they contain, making them move up above the objects if they're too close to a wall. Try adding the MF_NOCLIPHEIGHT object flag to them.

EDIT: Also, it might be better if you just made Silver slide by pressing Spin while running. It's not like you'll be trying to telekinetically grab objects while running much, anyway.

Last edited:
Why are the voices even bothering you since you never hear them. And having 2 versions of the same wad is useless and annoying for players.

Because Character Voices doesn't fit well on an Classic Sonic Gameplay Fan-Game. Do like BlueBlurForever did to his Jet and make an alternate wad with Voices for Historical Reasons. Also i found out the voices via SLADE.

If silver slides into a zoomtube too small for a player to fit into while standing, he dies when he comes out the other side. Testable with the zoom tube to the secret room in ERZ2.

EDIT: Also, WARNING: ./Silver.wad|LUA_TELK:600: accessed mobj_t doesn't exist anymore, please check 'valid' before using mobj_t.

EDIT2: later these happened, may or may not be related to the previous one breaking but

WARNING: ./Silver.wad|LUA_TELK:641: accessed mobj_t doesn't exist anymore, please check 'valid' before using mobj_t.

WARNING: ./Silver.wad|LUA_SILV:491: accessed mobj_t doesn't exist anymore, please check 'valid' before using mobj_t.

It finally stopped working entirely after the last one.

Last edited:
Because Character Voices doesn't fit well on an Classic Sonic Gameplay Fan-Game. Do like BlueBlurForever did to his Jet and make an alternate wad with Voices for Historical Reasons. Also i found out the voices via SLADE.

Yes, let's have two versions of the same wad. One with no voices, and the other with voices you'll rarely hear.

Please, cut the crap. Nobody has to appeal to YOUR preferences only. You make it sound like Silver is one of those Wads who never stop talking during gameplay, when he really just says a line or two, and only during Match.

Honestly, I have zero problems with the voices- or, rather the single voice clip when going Super- so I don't get what's the issue with that.

Aside from that, this .wad is one of the best, with good sprites and a very unique set of abilities. However, I noticed that when attempting to use the Psycho-Boost, you'll occasionally pick up an object rather than boost, or both. That, and some monitors, like the 1-Up in GFZ1, after thrown, will float upwards rather than drop. You'd have to pick up the monitor again before it get's out of reach, and drop it again to actually have it fall, so you can break it.

I don't want him to say It's No Use when going super. That doesn't fit on the sound on my opinion.

Honestly, I have zero problems with the voices- or, rather the single voice clip when going Super- so I don't get what's the issue with that.
From playing in split-screen for 2-3 minutes, I've noticed he also says "itsnouse" when picking up a player, and "Take this!" when throwing them. There are also several more voice clips in the Wad, however I haven't gone through the scripts to see where/if they are used.
Edit: Looks like Silver uses those "several more voice clips" when killing a player by throwing them at a wall.

Last edited:
Oh god, I love this WAD. Other than the few hiccups I've encountered with picking up stuff (Like whenever I try to catch a Crawla that I'm running directly into) and monitors phasing through surfaces (One time I got the 1UP monitor of GFZ1 stuck on the ceiling), this is really well done.

Wouldn't it be smarter to put the voices in a seperate WAD to have them optional? I mean HMS123311 has his voices in a seperate wad file (even though he is a joke character like no one other was).

You dont understand. There is no point in making a separate wad containing no voices when this one rarely even plays the voices in the first place. Nobody here should be complaining because the voices are far from annoying or repetitive.

...Is there any point in having so many different ThinkFrame hooks? Like, if I play Neo Aerial Garden as Sonic (or Tails or Knuckles, or even the custom Jasper, Shadow or Metal Sonic, with all those characters being added at the same time), I get a constant 35 frames/tics per second through the entire level.

If I then add Silver, even after rebooting the game and the first thing I do being adding Silver and entering Neo Aerial Garden (as Sonic), that drops to 10-12 (Edit: Actually still 35 in the normal 2.1.14, false alarm), and I think the reason might be related to the extreme amount of ThinkFrame hooks, considering how huge the level is. (And I was looking forward to playing Neo Aerial Garden as Silver. At least the Aerial Garden Zone in the Mystic Realm is still fine with Silver.)

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back