Tails CD

I don't think Murilo is asking for tails CD to be in 2.2, but I think Murilo is asking why this wasn't a replacement graphic to begin with. Well, the creator of the wad might be able to do that in single player, but I think the original character that that person would have intended to replace would still exist in multiplayer. There might be a way to overwrite the slot he uses after the wad is loaded, I don't know if that would cause bugs or not. You definitely cannot replace tails.plr because it's is basically hardcoded for that specific wad to load.

And also, the default characters are all combined into one plr file now which is hard coded to load, so even if you did find a workaround for the plr hardcodings, you would be removing Sonic, Tails and Knuckles from the game.

Couldn't you make your own version of player.dta as a mock file to use for the game? I mean, you can literally open the file in SLADE and maybe edit it.

You *can* but I don't think srb2 would load because it is hardcoded to take the original player.dta.

Is everyone forgetting about Lua? (As in, making all players' whose skins are "tails" have the skin "tailscd" instead is a possibility, and I have done something like that with a different custom character in the past.) Not that I would want that for this Wad, just reminding people that you don't have to replace Tails, just override Tails to be TailsCD at all times.

Couldn't you make your own version of player.dta as a mock file to use for the game? I mean, you can literally open the file in SLADE and maybe edit it.

Anyone who's edited a file of the game by accident knows that it refuses to start if the files (except for music.dta) are modified

Anyone who's edited a file of the game by accident knows that it refuses to start if the files (except for music.dta) are modified

This is correct, MD5 locks are only disabled in development builds. You could probably try modifying the wad to replace vanilla Tails entirely, though I don't recommend it.

No, the devs said TailsCD wasn't good enough or something, because it was worse in some aspects... tails will stay the same in 2.2.

Late, but this is false. Let's not forget people, Smiles is indeed a thing and will be part of 2.2.

So, while playing as TailsCD over and over again, I remembered that you can fly with two people hanging on to you. So I tried it, but it didn't work. Any reason why?

I believe he stated it didn't work very well, or more so as intended and it also caused a few issues with ropehanging. But I can't say for certain that, that is the EXACT reason he removed it.

The truth is, it didn't work very well.
And, I know I'm gonna sound absurd saying this like that, but, I really didn't find any motivation to try to fix it or, uh, anything in TailsCD since.

Can someone please make a mod with just Tails with the new 2.2 sprites, and NOT as Tails number 2, as in having two Tails? Just the new sprites, please.

Can someone please make a mod with just Tails with the new 2.2 sprites, and NOT as Tails number 2, as in having two Tails? Just the new sprites, please.
I'm unsure the new 2.2 Tails is gonna be public anytime soon, despite the fact we had custom characters with 2.2 Sonic for 2.1 (FSonic) and 2.1 Knuckles for 2.0 (Yeah, a 5 year old wad for an older version called 'Chuckles.') for a little taste of them. I mean, we had the new Tails look in Kart.

Also, I'm looking forward to your Mania Complete mod on Gamebanana.
Yes, you're the very same guy because the username just told me. That's also my case, apparently.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back