Tails CD

Here comes what will probably be the last update for that thing.

-Some sprites got a few changes, don't expect major changes making it better though;
*Standing side angle shoes have been made longer; as well as in many other side angles such as flying and swimming.
*The shading on the muzzle of most front-side angled frames is gone.
*Yawning front side and side angles have been fixed a bit so they are more consistant.
*Various tiny changes in the walking animation
*Side spinning sprites have been fixed so they look less like garbage.
*Got rid of a good part of the useless antialiasing that was left of Vanilla Tails. (seriously, remove it if you keep him for 2.2 guys, it doesn't look ok for most of the frames with bright colors!)
*The flight panic / grabbing sprites have been reworked to be more visible from back angles.
484584srb20137.png

-Renamed the spindash frames and changed things in the Lua so it won't conflict with Shadow's when both characters are added in a game.

-The flight boost has been nerfed while underwater. It still allows you to fly a bit faster than you can walk.

Lat, how did you make the Spindash work on Tails? Making the Spindash work on it is so hard...

The custom spindash has it's own lua coding and soccing. The sprites are registered through SOC (which can also be done in lua) and the lua not only calls the sprites, but it also creates the spindash's action, as said in the last topic you might want to use the wiki to learn how to mess with SOC and lua. (Also didn't Red tell you you needed permission?)

Your first question is not asking permission, it is asking how. If you wanted permission to reuse it, you should have stated that in the first place.

Also, this thread probably needs a permanent link to this.

I do appreciate that Lat' tried to make the sprites better a bit, shows that he does care atleast a little about it after releasing it.

As for some fans saying that "This should be included 2.2" however, they really aren't helping their case. Being so vocal about it, and an easy way to get devs to dislike a certain thing, i had noticed, is agreeing with the opposite of their beliefs(Pretty much the start to every arguement in the world nowadays, isn't it?). All the while Lat' seems to be trying to remove some of the faults that existed since release, such as the sprite edits in this update, and removing the multi-name thing of "Kilometers" and "Tails CD" and sticking to just "Tails CD", since it is shorter to type(And if that ain't enough, how about T-CD or just CD), while "Kilometers" both sounds like Tails' long lost cousin from a fanfic, and apparently, only SEGA has the unspoken/invisible right to make a "Unit Per Hour" pun, probably because of the point i mentioned before this one.

Did try to alter the shading on a front-side frame a bit in my spare time though(before this stealth-update came out), all the while still not knowing which if the original or my edit looks better:
speb4mV.png

If you guys tell me that i have to get permission, i will. Can i have permission to use the Spindash Lua?

If you so badly want the permission to use the spindash, you're knocking on the wrong door.

The person who made the script is RedEnchilada. As for the sprite shape and such, if you don't have your own graphics, you will have to ask MotorRoach. And, using PMs, not by making a thread.

Also;
Then again, I never did TailsCD for it to be in 2.2, so, I'm not gonna try to throw a reason for one thing from it to be in 2.2 vanilla if the devs already decided against it because I seriously don't care at all. So, er, close that debate, it's already a lost cause. Thanks.
I would be really grateful for this. The more you ask for it in 2.2, the more it's burried by the next post stating each and every flaw all over again. (well at least we all know them now!)

latest

Using offical artwork for reference is one of your main goals, or you can always use Jeck Jim's model, especially since it recently got updated.

Last edited:
No, the devs said TailsCD wasn't good enough or something, because it was worse in some aspects... tails will stay the same in 2.2.

The developers? They were talking about making this into a Wad which replaces Tails in 2.1 instead of adding a new skin/character.

Stop spewing crap as if you know what you're talking about.

Last edited:
The developers? They were talking about making this into a Wad which replaces Tails in 2.1 instead of adding a new skin/character.

...I think what speedwagon was TRYING to do was defend me or something, because I meant the SRB2 developers, not Lat.
speedwagon probably could've been nicer about it though. :V

...Sorry, I think I know where the confusion came from. I used the term "they" as a singular pronoun for someone of unknown-to-me gender (Murilo). Probably shouldn't have used "they" in that context right after saying "the developers".

OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH okay, had to read that a few times to get it. Yeah, he should just make it change tails instead of creating a new entry in the character select. At the time of me posting, I don't think murlio mentioned wads.

Last edited:
OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH okay, had to read that a few times to get it. Yeah, he should just make it change tails instead of creating a new entry in the character select. At the time of me posting, I don't think murlio mentioned wads.

Yeah. Shouldn't this wad be a replacement for Vanilla Tails instead of being an new Character?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back