Tails CD

Lat'

Absolute territory where
Kart Krew™️
First person to port this to 2.2 gets a very personal meeting with my raging fist

I think everyone already knows what this is about.
*shrug*

PiercingInfiniteInchworm.gif

Yeah, some Tails sprite rehaul, with slight gameplay changes such as the flight physics based on Sonic CD / 3.
I've put a lot of work in it, even if it could be better in some points, I believe, but, this aside, I hope you guys enjoy this! =P

Attachments

• tailsCD.rar
    253.5 KB · Views: 5,657
Last edited:
This all checks out for releases.
Do note though that this at least looks kind of rushed, the spritework and animations look a bit off to me in almost all places, and could definitely do with extra refining and polish.
The Lua seems fine from the small testing I did, it has the kind of flight I expected from 2.1 Tails, and Tails in general, it seems to let you go at full speed underwater though, might want to look into that if it's unintended (I can't remember if it was like that in Sonic 3 right now).

And for a moment, i thought that he pasted it in a text file rather than an MB post. Since, eh, well...
Reimagining of a chat conversation said:
Lat': ...Heh, now I really don't know what else I'm supposed to add to TailsCD.
Me: Bugfixes?
Lat': I did them.
Me: Even multicarry?(Didn't work too well when trying to carry 4+ people)
Lat': ...Pft.
Lat': I think I'm about that time where I'm becoming just sick of making Tails.
Lat': It was fun for a time, I did... admittedly good job, but I think I'm not gonna be doing more stuff for it, feel like moving on to something else.
Me: You probably should list the features in the thread OP make it look proper and all.(...Welp, doesn't look like he did, to me.)
Lat': But... hey
Lat': should I throw a release post?
My mind: Well, he says he fixed the bugs, and he's tired of making it...
Me: Well, it's still miles better than vanilla.
Lat': I guess i can try.
*Suddenly, i remember a thing*
Me: WAIT WAIT WAIT
Me: Did you include the super frames?
Lat': Nope.
Me: Oh, then, do you have them in your folder
Lat': A few.
*Suddenly i remember a bug or two i haven't told him about yet*
Me: Oh, the no-traction-on-conveyors-while-"running" thing might be a bit buggy
Me: And always felt that the flying down with speed shoes isn't as fast as it should be.
Me: Felt about the same as flying up with them, or flying down without them.
Me: Gaaah, why do i remember about bugs after suggesting you to make an MB post....
*I get no response for about 10-20 minutes*
Lat': heh, whatever, gotta go
Lat': I made the releae post in the meantime
My mind: ...He gotta mean in a text file or something, right? Right?
*Suddenly this*
...Might have ended up suggesting him to rush the release on it. So, uh, anyone got excess minigun bullets they'd like to spend on something?
Although i have no idea what the sprites being "rushed" could mean, looked good to pretty much everyone in his Skype group, and apparently the community, but eh, guess you Orange-Name-and-above fellas have a keen eye that we don't. Or should he have applied the MotorRoach fix to all the frames and not just the teeter frames? ...Actually, yeah, that's probably the message that was supposed to be sent.

Last edited:
I found a bug.
WARNING: tailsCD.wad|LUA_MAIN:364: accessed mobj_t doesn't exist anymore, please check 'valid' before using mobj_t. Hook removed.

It only occurs when I have TailsCD as a follower, similar to SRB2's vanilla Sonic and Tails setup. Whenever Tails leaves the screen and then later respawns, the Lua error code pops up and Tails leaves a trail of tails as he travels.

EmbarrassedFarKentrosaurus.gif

EvenEquatorialCaecilian.gif

I found a bug.
WARNING: tailsCD.wad|LUA_MAIN:364: accessed mobj_t doesn't exist anymore, please check 'valid' before using mobj_t. Hook removed.

It only occurs when I have TailsCD as a follower, similar to SRB2's vanilla Sonic and Tails setup. Whenever Tails leaves the screen and then later respawns, the Lua error code pops up and Tails leaves a trail of tails as he travels.

EmbarrassedFarKentrosaurus.gif

EvenEquatorialCaecilian.gif

The exact same thing happened when I was at Yacker's server. It literally crashed the server. This really needs to be fixed x_x

Last edited:
I'm really amazed with how this turned out, I really can't wait to be able to have Kilometers running alongside FuckingSonic when 2.2 comes out, vanilla or not.

#kilometresfor2.2

It's out at last, but you should've took more time to fix the bugs and issues tbh.

Hopefully, you'll make future versions with more fixes...(features too)

#KILOMETRESFOR2.2

Nice to see you finally released this Lat'!
Though you should really fix that tails' tails bug lol.

Code:
357 addHook("MobjThinker", function(tails)
359     if tails.valid
360     and not tails.target
361         P_RemoveMobj(tails)
362     end
364   if tails.target [U][B]and tails.valid[/B][/U] and tails.target.valid
look what our dear Lat' forgot

Tried implementing this code myself, it fixed when Tails spawned in but not when he takes flight. A trail of tails still follows him. I'll wait until Lat' fixes this himself.

This wad is a nostalgia trip. You did a good job recreating the classic physics, Lat', although the walk cycle looks kinda awkward from some angles. This needs to be in 2.2 though.

TeM oUTTA tEm BEst WAD 2016 !

Just played through the core game as Kilometers, had a good time! The art is pretty good imo, looks pretty cute and feels on model for classic Tails.

I would have liked to see the Tails' tails visible while jumping or spindashing, similar to what the classic Sonic games did while Tails was in a ball. But I'm not sure how practical that is in 3D, so no worries about that :V

Amazing wad, totally loved it. I have nothing bad to say so its a 5/5 for me. Hope it is included in the next Srb2 official version!

Yeah, this is the kind of Tails I would like to see incorporated into the main game. It always kind of bothered me that SRB2's flight mechanics didn't function the same way as 3&K's. In my opinion this feels a lot more dynamic.

The sprite work's not incredible, but as far as character mods go, it gets the job done. I definitely like all the aesthetic touches and visual cues that were put in though, especially that sputter near the end of Tails' flight.

Nope, don't expect anything relevant.
Updated attachement so the tails will finally disapear when the player leaves by any manner.

Apparently when you add Tails CD and Speedwagons Shadow in the same game, Shadows spindash frames replace Tails' spindash frames (or vice versa too I guess, depending on the order you add them).

Speaking of spindash frames, when using Jeck Jims' MD2 for Kilometers, the spindash animation just sticks on frame 1 while Shadow works fine, they use the same model so it can't be the model.

Yeah, I honestly have no idea why it does that. I've tried to look for a solution, but I just add Shadow after all the characters so I can get the spindash model to function correctly.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back