Tails Guy: Shooter of all the things!

Tripel the fox

Community GU GU GUUUUU~
You were probably expecting DooM Guy to happen first.

lvzqj45i7qa0b33zg.jpg

Dispite being Tails and DooM Guy rolled into one, Tails Guy has the exact same move set DooM Guy would have.

As seen in the screenshot, Tails Guy has a health bar. He takes 10 damage from everything except rockets, which he takes 20 damage from.

Of course, since he takes more from DooM guy than Tails, he has to have guns to shoot people with! He has 3 weapons: the shotgun, the rocket launcher, and the chain gun.
  • The shotgun is binded to custom 1. It's the most generic thing ever though.
  • The rocket launcher is binded to custom 2. It works exactly like it did in DooM, except Tails Guy (and any other player, so long as they're angled right) can rocket jump by getting hit in the blast radius.
  • The chain gun is binded to custom 3. It works exactly like the shotgun, but it rapid fires at the cost of slowing you down.

I guess that's about it. Enjoy!
Oh yeah, and also the status bar faces are made by Maximus Universal. So thanks to him for that.

Edit: Updated Tails Guy to 1.1. Also now there's a change log so you can see what's changed.
  • Added the wepswitch comand. It changes weapon switching/firing settings
  • Fixed a bug with rockets not making other Tails Guys lose their emeralds/flags/ect.
  • Release

Attachments

• srb20002.gif
    srb20002.gif
    5 MB · Views: 4,485
  • srb20003.gif
    srb20003.gif
    4.8 MB · Views: 4,265
  • srb20004.gif
    srb20004.gif
    2.5 MB · Views: 4,137
  • TailsGuy_1.1.zip
    490.6 KB · Views: 7,741
Last edited:
This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen, and I'm saying it in the best way possible.

It works exactly as how I thought it would, so kudos for that. Curious as to how exactly it'd work in a Match though, it's the sheer firepower of Doomguy, with added invincibility frames. Someone should really host a netgame with it! (With emeralds on, winkwink nudgenudge)

Though, if I may suggest a thing, I'd much prefer if weapon firing was bound to a single button (Spin maybe?) and the custom buttons were used purely for SWITCHING between them. My custom button bounds aren't in a comfortable enough place to use constantly, and this'd really help.

Anyway, welcome to Releases.

This looks preety good! But... Say it honestly. Have you really inspired from HellHawk's doom shooter? It looks similar. I didn't said "this is a ripoff", I don't have anything against it.

Pretty good wad. You should put the game on 1st person view (V KEY) and it will make it very faithful to the 1st person shooter games like COD BLACK OPS 2.

Pretty good wad. You should put the game on 1st person view (V KEY) and it will make it very faithful to the 1st person shooter games like COD BLACK OPS 2.
Yup, did that, but I'm a little old school, so switched off digital music in favor of the MIDI soundtrack, a la the original Doom. Anyways, this is an awesome wad, it adds a huge challenge in SP. Absolutely hilarious concept, too. Gotta love those status bar faces.

This looks preety good! But... Say it honestly. Have you really inspired from HellHawk's doom shooter? It looks similar. I didn't said "this is a ripoff", I don't have anything against it.
I thought HellHawk's DooM thing was a full DooM->SRB2 conversion.. *double checks*

...Oops... I guess?

Anyway, just updated Tails Guy to 1.1. I added a command that does what Zipper suggested, and fixed a minor bug related to rockets.

I actually hate the status bar faces and i'm gonna modify them as soon as possible. They aren't that great IMO. His face just looks really static most of the time.

Oh my... ha ha. I never expected anything like this! I'll give it one thing, it's a bit wacky, but creative! I find it really satisfying to shoot all those annoying enemies that give me trouble. Kudos to you for making this!

I don't understand the control scheme.

It would seem intuitive to me that the ring toss key would be the fire button (or at the very least fire_normal) and the ring weapon switch buttons would affect the weapon selected, but there's no option to make that the case. I understand you probably wanted to make it match compatible, but the default control scheme doesn't have a way to fit itself onto the mouse that I'm using.

The wepswitch command isn't particularly useful by itself. All values 1 and 2 do is make it so the button changes the weapon, which leaves me with no actual fire button. Is it bugged? Am I supposed to bind this command to a key and toggle it on and off every time I want to switch weapons?

The concept is great, but the control scheme was too much work for me, so I stopped halfway through gfz2.

Last edited:
The wepswitch command isn't particularly useful by itself. All values 1 and 2 do is make it so the button changes the weapon, which leaves me with no actual fire button. Is it bugged? Am I supposed to bind this command to a key and toggle it on and off every time I want to switch weapons?

It sets the fire option to the Spin key.

So yeah, this is pretty fun, I only have a couple balance suggestions to make the experience better:

1) Shotgun could probably be a scatter-type projectile, because honestly the machine gun is just way better and easier to use right now.

2) Damage from the rocket launcher and from enemies should be 15. Three reasons why:
* Prevents loopholes where the player uses one damage source to avoid taking more damage from the other
* Enemies are completely nonthreatening atm.
* Rocketjumps are quite unforgiving, especially in sections where the player has to perform a lot of jumps to move forward.

It would have been better if it worked the same way the default weapons do , I Mean if the Chaingun replaces the Automatic ring, Rocket launcher replaces Explosion ring, Shotgun replaces red ring and .... A Super shotgun to replace the scatter ring ? .

It would have been better if it worked the same way the default weapons do , I Mean if the Chaingun replaces the Automatic ring, Rocket launcher replaces Explosion ring, Shotgun replaces red ring and .... A Super shotgun to replace the scatter ring ? .

The guns are meant to work like they did in doom. Making the wad like this would just make it a character that starts with different ring weapons, which is sorta dumb.

I don't really understand the concept of this wad. Why would you go out of your way to paste Tails on top of Doom Guy? Why would anybody want to play as Doom Guy with Tails on his head? Why didn't you just make a Doom Guy wad? I don't get the joke here. Aside from that, the wad is still fun to play with.

I don't really understand the concept of this wad. Why would you go out of your way to paste Tails on top of Doom Guy? Why would anybody want to play as Doom Guy with Tails on his head? Why didn't you just make a Doom Guy wad? I don't get the joke here. Aside from that, the wad is still fun to play with.
That is the joke. Tails is done taking shit from everyone. Time to step up to the plate and take back what was once yours from Robotnik!

At the end of the day however, there is no need to over think it. It just works out the way it does.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back