SF94-Serv

Slightly off-topic, but what's the music used for the lobby area in "space" ?

Also glad to see this mod coming back in it's full glory

Another minor release:
-NPCs, balls and some other objects are now correctly colored
-The jump sphere bug with scales and gravity flip is now fixed thanks to Wolfy who made a short Lua script
-The Empanada Hut key no more spawn odd sparkles under the ground, instead the sparkles spawn on the key at random places

The next releases will focus on fixing the Neon Night bugs and the endless mission tunes in SF94 Plaza.

Alright, new release!

I already got my hands... or paws, whichever you prefer on it, and there are some minor bugs, especially minor when compared to stuff that is going to be fixed in 3.83

First, i saw a red Knuckles NPC, which wasn't really in my list of original 2.0 NPC colours, but i did see them less often that the other NPCs, which might just be a placebo.

Then, i noticed that the spindash trail sprite flickers when you jump, which probably isn't supposed to happen, especially the flicker part.

And the last, but actually something that happened first, was this in the attachments, i have no idea what happened, i didn't add any other wads before SF94-Core, but everything else seemed to be normal without any real problems.

Attachments

• srb20009.png
    srb20009.png
    29.7 KB · Views: 893
Well, I just translated the colors that were said in the 2.0 SOC... Maybe the last 2.0 version actually had red knux?

Nah, i have a feeling it is a bug, why would SF94 make it so Knux NPCs aren't red since who knows when, and then suddenly make it so in the last version you can actually see a red Knuckles?

That or the SOC you used didn't restrict Knux NPCs from using red, i don't know, but i am sure they aren't supposed to be red.

I know there aren't supposed to be, but apparently they are now :V
Anyway I'll later add more colors so I'll also fix that

So i love this mod/wad alot, but i think it would be awesome if you could add a command that would turn on/off the jumpsphere. The reason i bring this up is that it can ruin custom characters that perhaps have any conflicting Lua. So i suggest either a command or limiting it to Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles.

Wow, the best thing i ever played since like 2.0 or so and is back to 2.1, thank you very much

But i have 1 question, if the respawning items are enabled automaticly, why they doesnt respawn? Even putting the respawn time to 1, it wont respawn rings, monitors and other kind of things

Um, SRB2 2.1 doesn't allow respawning items in co-op, only in every other mode. Even though I have yet to try out the mod due to personal issues, I could suggest making a lua script that maybe overrides the disability, or making a command so that they can respawn in co-op mode.

Maybe these rings are custom objects...? Gonna check for that.

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

Nevermind, apparently they are. Looking for the shield then.

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

For me it works perfectly. Were you using another file than SF94-Serv?

There is an error when you load sf94-core.wad. Ill paste the log when you add it

Added file sf94-core.wad (562 lumps)
Loading Lua script from sf94-core.wad|LUA_SF94
Pardon me while I initialize the Lua scripting interface...
MobjType MT_JUMPSPHERE allocated.
State S_JUMPSPHERE allocated.
Added command "sf94version"
Added command "sf94ver"
Added command "commands"
Loading main config from sf94-core.wad
WARNING: state 'S_SF94_NPC2_SPAWN9' does not exist.

WARNING: Line 3550: Couldn't find state named 'S_SF94_NPC2_SPAWN9'
WARNING: state 'S_SF94_NPC3_SPAWN9' does not exist.

WARNING: Line 3801: Couldn't find state named 'S_SF94_NPC3_SPAWN9'
WARNING: Line 4822: Couldn't find state named 'S_SF94_1794'
3 warnings in the SOC lump
20 sounds replaced
sf94-core.wad added 291 frames in 47 sprites
MAP03

Maybe these rings are custom objects...? Gonna check for that.

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

Nevermind, apparently they are. Looking for the shield then.

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

For me it works perfectly. Were you using another file than SF94-Serv?
I was exactly using SF94-Serv 3.82.

3.83 is out!
-The crushing rock and the ultimate weapon are now available, also the secret place with balls is probably fixed as well (too lazy to test =p). All of this was due to a linedef executor (405 to 408, Raise/Lower Floor/Ceiling according to Linedef/Offsets) type that I had forgot to port.
-The flickering jump sphere is fixed (actually it's me who made the mistake, not Wolfy >.<), and a jumpsphere console variable has been added, to disable them if you want.
-The Knux and Amy NPCs have now respectively lavender and peach instead of red.

In the next version I'll try to port the mission music system to Lua, so some endless music glitches could be fixed.

Wow, 3.83 is already released?

Anyway, everything has no problems!
Well, except for the fact that the Peach thing also applies to Sonic NPCs.
But Red isn't overwritten for the NPCs, and Peach ends up appearing along with Red on the NPC spectrum, which isn't a problem for me personally.
Oh, and hopefully Lavender Echidnas don't end up raising too many questions in Green City...

And no, Red Echidnas don't appear. Which is good.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back