Lepori the Rabbit v1.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirustal

Occasionally screaming.
I finally made myself a character, yes! This rabbit fellow was inspired by Cream the Rabbit, as I wanted a male variant to her. Then that idea just tumbled into a whole new character design; Lepori!

This rabbit is not as fast as others, making him not a very good racer. However, he'd probably be loads of fun in co-op sessions! His jump is slightly higher than other characters, and he flies pretty darn fast. The downside to his flying speed is that he can be pretty hard to control sometimes, so watch out!

Pressing the Custom Action 1 button while flying will cause him to start spinning, and if you manage to pop a sucker under you...Prepare to go flying! However, you cannot start flying again once you curl in mid flight, so make sure you have something under you.

Since his normal file only has his blue parts change color, and I know some folks would rather the fur to change color, I made an alternate Lepori file to fulfill this wish.

Lepori's ability to not walk in air after falling over a ledge and his recurl ability were made by the user BlueBlurForever! They make some pretty snazzy stuff, and I thank them for their Lua stuff! Keep going strong, man!

EDIT: Coding has been fixed to not affect characters that are not Lepori.
Notice about 'Lepori2' change: Added hands that were missing in tired flying frames.
EDIT2: It's been so long since I updated him, I can't remember what changed. But 'Lepori3' Is the final version to this old 2014 made rabbit.

Attachments

• srb20000.png
    srb20000.png
    65.8 KB · Views: 5,636
  • srb20001.png
    srb20001.png
    27.8 KB · Views: 3,464
  • srb20002.png
    srb20002.png
    35.4 KB · Views: 2,897
  • srb20003.png
    srb20003.png
    33.1 KB · Views: 2,424
  • srb20004.png
    srb20004.png
    19.1 KB · Views: 2,232
  • srb20005.png
    srb20005.png
    13.2 KB · Views: 1,808
  • srb20008.png
    srb20008.png
    38.7 KB · Views: 1,863
  • srb20011.png
    srb20011.png
    9.2 KB · Views: 1,870
  • srb20012.png
    srb20012.png
    35.3 KB · Views: 1,830
  • srb20014.png
    srb20014.png
    34.3 KB · Views: 1,565
  • srb20015.png
    srb20015.png
    34.7 KB · Views: 1,670
  • srb20017.png
    srb20017.png
    25.8 KB · Views: 1,424
  • srb20018.png
    srb20018.png
    24.8 KB · Views: 1,297
  • srb20020.png
    srb20020.png
    32.9 KB · Views: 1,400
  • Lepori3.rar
    304.2 KB · Views: 1,143
Last edited:
I personally like this character, design wise. While his design is still reminiscent of Cream, he does a few things differently that help keep him much more unique, such as a very slack walking animation. He's designed to be a very calm and somewhat lazy character and I really enjoyed how that was implemented in his animations. Gameplay wise, he falls a little on the wayside. His larger jump is kinda useless considering he can fly (a more common ability in the first place), and his not walking over the edge and recurl Lua scripts end up affecting every character due to not being sanctioned to Lepori only, making some characters not work properly when he is added (see my own character Jasper). He's still fun to play, but about as fun to play as Tails. I would really like to see Lepori more fleshed out and have some sort of ability that could use his higher jump to his advantage, whether it would be a midair spin kick that makes him glide downwards or a different kind of flying ability. Overall, Lepori is fine as he is minus the small issues above, but there is a lot of undiscovered potential with him that keeps me excited to see what else you might do with him.

Well, I've been waiting for this one. Let me tell you one thing: Everyone starts somewhere. You've done pretty decent for your first (I think?) character wad.

The animations are smooth. Nothing too extraneous and flowed pretty well. Gotta give you props on that. However you did pillow shade (shading from dark to light from the outline and inward. See here for more details) You also did not Anti-Alias though a lot of people in this community don't do it for some reason so I guess you can be excused there (not really.) His design is, IMO, meh. Nothing strikes out at me to be honest.

The biggest gripe I have against this character wad is the ability. Come on man! This is 2.1! Don't give your character fly! >_<

Overall, decent character. Though the play style and shading made me feel like I was playing a character that was a port from 1094 or 2.0.

Honestly, I'm glad that this was released. A friend of mine and I were talking about the community and character wads in general and it's nice to see that there are more people coming in and popping out new characters. The thing about these types of wads is that they're very hard/tedious to do so naturally it's harder for us to get these. Ya' know? I'm looking foward to your future releases if you decide to create more! :)

Last edited:
Lepori has such an aloof design and I love it. Personally I have no problem with the pillow shading, but I think some proper anti-aliasing would do wonders.

Darn it. And I was about to make a brown echidna too :V.
Well, I guess no one will really care if that little detail was shared... But... They look so similar in expression... like you read my mind.
Though, aside from my own ramblings: That is pretty nice. Kind of old looking (That's how most char wads used to look), but it's difficult to make good pixel art so whatever.
Also... do you scratch?

I do plan to update Lepori the Rabbit to fix the problems informed by you all, and I might tweak his graphics some in hopes to polish them. Referring to Jasper on the higher jump and abilities in general to Speedwagon, I might try and make Lepori a custom ability for him to give off 'static' to injure enemies near him only once while in the air, if that may be while falling off a ledge, jumping, and/or while flying. I hope to update all at once, so this won't happen real soon. The gist of it is that I will give Lepori a polish, if not update him real soon to fix the problem with his coding affecting everyone.

I do plan to update Lepori the Rabbit to fix the problems informed by you all, and I might tweak his graphics some in hopes to polish them. Referring to Jasper on the higher jump and abilities in general to Speedwagon, I might try and make Lepori a custom ability for him to give off 'static' to injure enemies near him only once while in the air, if that may be while falling off a ledge, jumping, and/or while flying. I hope to update all at once, so this won't happen real soon. The gist of it is that I will give Lepori a polish, if not update him real soon to fix the problem with his coding affecting everyone.

You haven't done that 4 years ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back