Sally Acorn (Update 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimpsuu

Dimpsy
Sally Acorn has successfully been ported to 2.1. Now with extra lua! Yea no wonder .Luke didn't port this yet. :V And with permission from himself, this was made entirely possible. Based sort of off the Sonic 1 Hack I have given her a few tools to fool around with now (I would have given her more and removed her ability to jump on enemies but it just wasn't possible at this time, sorry).

srb20049.gif

Custom Ability 1: Slide
She can perform a Mega Man-esque Slide which can be really handy since she can't Spin Jump or Spindash.

Use Button: Somersault
Doing this will cause her to jump roll pretty fast forward. This hopefully should forgive her slowness.

Update 1
- You can now perform the Somersault mid-air, but it's slower than the ground one. However, it has the advantage of going much higher. (Now all jumps she couldn't make are now fully possible)
- Modified her acceleration a bit.

Attachments

• Sally.zip
    122.7 KB · Views: 5,886
Last edited:
It's nice and all, But my only two problems with this is:
1. I was expecting the slide would destroy enemies.
2. The position the slide sprite is not even on the ground. Instead she is float kicking.(?)

It's nice and all, But my only two problems with this is:
1. I was expecting the slide would destroy enemies.
2. The position the slide sprite is not even on the ground. Instead she is float kicking.(?)
Custom Ability 1: Slide
She can perform a Mega Man-esque Slide which can be really handy since she can't Spin Jump or Spindash.
I don't think Mega Man nor Sonic can slide into enemies without getting hurt.
Also, most of the "Slide" ability sprites contain the character's hurt frames, depending on how they were placed in the wad editor, it could be awkward.

Last edited:
Those old sprites of mine still terrify me, but it's great someone found a use for them. =P She was in desperate need of a unique ability in 1.09.4 versions. I love what Lua is bringing to the game.

If we go as far as having a laser, we could use eggman's laser lua and make it cost one ring per shot... Just a suggestion...

The jump lets her go faster than her normal speed while also letting her kill anything in her way. I personally believe it should have a cooldown.

The jump lets her go faster than her normal speed while also letting her kill anything in her way. I personally believe it should have a cooldown.

The problem is that the jump's vertical boost is pretty much nonexistent, Sally can't slow down easily after performing it, and it doesn't give her protection against spikes on enemies or anything like that. This severely restricts its usefulness once you get past Techno Hill Act 1 or so, and even before that it's not as effective as the three default characters' abilities in terms of movement or combat, so I'd rather not nerf it even further unless Sally gets improved in some other way to compensate.

...I cannot resist, so... I'll leave you this:

8VEqo.gif

Sally's back, yay!

I remember when I first started playing SRB2 she was like my favorite wad to use. XD

Definitely going to be downloading this.

Also, as Neku said, Sally NEEDS having the Laser-thingy shots. Maybe that can compensate the Somersault "Overpowered ability" and... Yeah, that's going to be useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back