HMS123311: Remastered

srb20017.gif

Could someone explain to me what just happened here?

Could someone explain to me what just happened here?
HMS can kill things by simply touching them, including a few things that can't normally be killed.

I intentionally left the Metal Sonic racer killable because it was silly and didn't break anything. I have no idea what caused the lua error in the gif though. I can't read the error message but I just went and killed the Metal Sonic racer like 20 times with HMS and it never errored.

Last edited:
HMS can kill things by simply touching them, including a few things that can't normally be killed.

I intentionally left the Metal Sonic racer killable because it was silly and didn't break anything. I have no idea what caused the lua error in the gif though. I can't read the error message but I just went and killed the Metal Sonic racer like 20 times with HMS and it never errored.

For the record, my game crashed (hang-style) when I touched Metal in the race.

Not bad, but i suggest something

I know there are 2 duplicated characters, 2 that are the same super, and other 2 that are the same super but with a friend, so i was thinking, why not letting 2 becomes super, and the other 2 just be normal, non super, if you know what im saying, because id like to go trough the game without being super

I love this WAD. HMS is soo Overpowered, yet so funny to play around with.
By the way, thanks to this wad I can test Super Forms of any character without needing to grab the seven Chaos Emeralds in Match/SP.
Thanks for this AWESOME port. We all love HMS' hilariousness.

Not bad, but i suggest something

I know there are 2 duplicated characters, 2 that are the same super, and other 2 that are the same super but with a friend, so i was thinking, why not letting 2 becomes super, and the other 2 just be normal, non super, if you know what im saying, because id like to go trough the game without being super
Thanks for the suggestion, but with the way the iterate is called to make sure all players are super, that may not be possible without modifying the bot AI itself. As I learn more about lua scripting, I may be able to solve more of the complex issues in coming updates.

I love this WAD. HMS is soo Overpowered, yet so funny to play around with.
By the way, thanks to this wad I can test Super Forms of any character without needing to grab the seven Chaos Emeralds in Match/SP.
Thanks for this AWESOME port. We all love HMS' hilariousness.

You do know that getallemeralds exists, right? It's accessable in DEVMODE.

You do know that getallemeralds exists, right? It's accessable in DEVMODE.

I'm sorry i'm kind of a noob with the new "NO CHEATS UNTIL YOU GET THE PANDORA'S BOX" kinda thing. Also I used SMVX to test Super Forms. Thanks to HMS it's SO EASY! Thanks Wolfy. Your contribution to the SRB2Mb will never be forgotten.

For a second I thought that this would be a april fools joke.
I'm surprised that this got into the release forums, which is nice, so more stuff that should be accepted gets accepted(this one is a joke character but it's HMS).

I thought about some extra abilities:
Whirlwind shield(gives HMS the double jump of the skin)
Make the purple"whatever it is" stuff in THZ work like water for HMS, so he can move easier in that.

Now about the bugs:
Super and Attraction Shield carry over to other skins
Isn't it possible to fix this by checking for the character and removing the shield from them ?
Some mobjs are deleted/killed on contact if not on a whitelist
Does this create crashes or something like that ? and what are mobjs ? Objects ?

Chaos Controlling into certain sectors can kill you
Maybe this could be fixed by checking if the player can stand there. Chaos Controlling got me killed multiple times in GFZ(in 1 near the tunnel, in 2 near the end of the act)

HMS's frames will freeze after finishing a level

Does this happen because he turned super ?

It would be nice if it was possible to fully fix the ring drain instead of adding a ring every second but I'm guessing that this is ok.

Sprites
One of HMS's walking frames doesn't have the red eyes and I think that one of his super frames should be changed, it's no problem for me but I can see why it would be a problem for some people.
HMS is missing a lot of edge "balance" frames, maybe add them for the next release ?
Never thought that HMS would return that fast to srb2, but lua allows a lot.

This wad allowed me to test super knuckles in singleplayer, and I found something interesting: the flying enemies(sorry, forgot their name, the ones that shoot) in AGZ can hit super characters, which removes 10 rings.

Last edited:
For a second I thought that this would be a april fools joke.
I'm surprised that this got into the release forums, which is nice, so more stuff that should be accepted gets accepted(this one is a joke character but it's HMS).
Yeah, it was accepted due to the new rulings on joke wads. You can thank Whackjood for that.

I thought about some extra abilities:
Whirlwind shield(gives HMS the double jump of the skin)
Make the purple"whatever it is" stuff in THZ work like water for HMS, so he can move easier in that.
Not really possible or necessary. HMS jumps incredibly high, and shields can't stack anymore.

As for the buoyant liquid, most of that has to do with the way the level is designed. Not entirely sure if I could/should do something about that

Now about the bugs:
Super and Attraction Shield carry over to other skins
Isn't it possible to fix this by checking for the character and removing the shield from them ?
Some mobjs are deleted/killed on contact if not on a whitelist
Does this create crashes or something like that ? and what are mobjs ? Objects ?
Yes, at the expense of the player's ability to use attraction shields. Complex coding may fix this but at what cost? As of now this isn't a priority since it'll cause more problems than it'll fix.

As for the issue with mobjs, adding them to the white list is easy so if they're reported, I can fix on the double.

Chaos Controlling into certain sectors can kill you
Maybe this could be fixed by checking if the player can stand there. Chaos Controlling got me killed multiple times in GFZ(in 1 near the tunnel, in 2 near the end of the act)
Chaos Control was coded by HellHawkX. I didn't work on any of the collision coding either, I only found resources for coding it. If you'd like to give him pointers, drop him a message.

HMS's frames will freeze after finishing a level

Does this happen because he turned super ?
Yes. Not on any priority to fix.

Sprites
One of HMS's walking frames doesn't have the red eyes and I think that one of his super frames should be changed, it's no problem for me but I can see why it would be a problem for some people.
HMS is missing a lot of edge "balance" frames, maybe add them for the next release ?
Never thought that HMS would return that fast to srb2, but lua allows a lot.
Sprites have not been touched aside from transform frames, nor will they be. If I were to modify the original sprites from this, that would ruin the point entirely. As for the transform frames, I asked for numerous opinions before deciding on the frame. If anyone would like to complain, drop me a message and you can ruin the fun.

This wad allowed me to test super knuckles in singleplayer, and I found something interesting: the flying enemies(sorry, forgot their name, the ones that shoot) in AGZ can hit super characters, which removes 10 rings.
Not a bug; HMS relies on Match super which has ring drain. Without HMS's BossKill™ code active, other characters will lose rings on contact.

This is still in beta right? I can still die in death pits. HMS12311 is supposed to be immortal. Lol.
No. This is the 1.0 release. HMS was MEANT to die in pits in this release. Sure he's god, but death pits are like super god.

Gotta say, I enjoyed this wad. Reminded me of when I goofed off a HMS on JTE... only now I have bigger, badder stages and bosses to complete/kill with him.

Also, not sure if it was intentional, but loved the reference to Jesus Zero the Hedgehog from Sonic Shorts in the transformation sprites.

No. This is the 1.0 release. HMS was MEANT to die in pits in this release. Sure he's god, but death pits are like super god.

Don't forget crushers! (I think.) It doesn't matter if you're super or not, those darn crushers can kill anything. :P

Boy, was that HMS voice darn annoying! And that transformation sprite was weird, having a picture of Jesus appear of all things. It really looked awkward, I'll tell you that.

Also, not sure if it was intentional, but loved the reference to Jesus Zero the Hedgehog from Sonic Shorts in the transformation sprites.

The Jesus Recolor was from the third episode of Cue's Zero Effort series, reviewing Super Mystic Sonic.

It looks like I can't quote your post because it's too big ?

I forgot one of my ideas:
Spike Breaking
Blade's Metal Sonic wad can do this, and I think it would fit for HMS.
Super Tails has the whirlwind shield jump, so maybe it's possible to add that.

I don't have a problem with the super transform sprites, they can stay like that.
And I got a idea about fixing the bot super sonic sound:
Make the game check if HMS 1 is not super, if he isn't then change the super sound to the super transform sound. If he is super, then change the sound to a empty sound file so no sound spamming is played.
Does the Super Music change for everyone or only HMS ?

It looks like I can't quote your post because it's too big ?
Yeah, ha, I went a bit overboard on the response.

I forgot one of my ideas:
Spike Breaking
Blade's Metal Sonic wad can do this, and I think it would fit for HMS.
Super Tails has the whirlwind shield jump, so maybe it's possible to add that.
Decent idea, but I'd need to ask for his code. And I said this before: shields can't stack. I can't give HMS more than one permanent shield. Not to mention the Whirlwind Shield is the least practical.

And I got a idea about fixing the bot super sonic sound:
Make the game check if HMS 1 is not super, if he isn't then change the super sound to the super transform sound. If he is super, then change the sound to a empty sound file so no sound spamming is played.
Does the Super Music change for everyone or only HMS ?
Will not work. Lua only adds things, it doesn't modify content in the source. You can play an additional sound but it seems there is no way to remove the sound.

Last edited:
He said Spike breaking, Wolfy, not Sprite breaking. You know how Metal Sonic is capable of overdriving through spikes in ERZ3? He meant giving that ability to HMS.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back