Metal Sonic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Metal Sonic works just fine for me on 2.1.4.

Also, I'm not sure if this was intended, but whenever Metal Sonic reaches full speed in the opposite direction of the conveyor he's on, he goes into Overdrive. Speed shoes cause Overdrive mode as well.

I love this Metal Sonic. The only thing that bothers me is his Super Sprites. Why isn't he Neo Metal Sonic or Metal Sonic MK II (Take advantage of Super Knuckles' pallete)?

Actually this wad is actually broken in 2.1.4 or at least the one hosted here (I found a fixed wad on some random server). What I mean is that Metal's Overdrive hurts himself whenever you want to charge it.

So... hes like Sonic but more hard to control?
Er, no.

The differences are...
> Metal is far faster than Sonic, run-speed wise.
> Metal can initiate an "Overdrive" attack by charging a spindash for a while, or collecting Super Sneakers. Metal retains full control of movement during Overdrive, unlike a spindash. Also, when using Overdrive, enemies and players can be attacked by just running into them. I have no idea if attacking players is intentional, as it even breaks friendlyfire.
> Metal has no mid-air ability (so no thok) but jumps higher depending on how fast he's going - At zero speed, he jumps about Sonic's height.

Er, no.

The differences are...
> Metal is far faster than Sonic, run-speed wise.
> Metal can initiate an "Overdrive" attack by charging a spindash for a while, or collecting Super Sneakers. Metal retains full control of movement during Overdrive, unlike a spindash. Also, when using Overdrive, enemies and players can be attacked by just running into them. I have no idea if attacking players is intentional, as it even breaks friendlyfire.
> Metal has no mid-air ability (so no thok) but jumps higher depending on how fast he's going - At zero speed, he jumps about Sonic's height.

Oh. Thanks for explaining. Sad that the thok gone, but overdrive is amazing. But maybe too OP. Maybe if your hold it for about 10 sec, it might not be as bad.

Oh. Thanks for explaining. Sad that the thok gone, but overdrive is amazing. But maybe too OP. Maybe if your hold it for about 10 sec, it might not be as bad.

Yeah, the Max. Overdrive can be OP thanks to the fact that it can hurt players in ANY game mode. That... can get annoying when someone's charging as Metal while in the beginning of race/competition, and can lead to quite a few deaths... and maybe a couple of game overs.

However, it IS hard to control if you've charged it up good enough, so I guess the odds are balanced out... somewhat. I wonder if you'll be able to make a couple of edits to it to make it a bit less annoying in multiplayer.

Sometimes, while playing in a netgame (I don't exactly know what might be causing this) this shows up in the console:
WARNING: ./MetalSonic.wad|LUA_GAME:95: accessed mobj_t doesn't exist anymore, please check 'valid' before using mobj_t.
Hook removed.

And his overdrive attack stops working, behaving instead like a regular spin, until you close the game.

Just gonna say that unless the Metal Sonic wad from 1.09.4 was made by blade, then non of Blade's Metal Sonic versions have had the thok ability (in fact, the first version I know of back in 2.0 had the double jump ability, which I find better than the thok...)

Anyway, love the new improvements from the 2.0 version, with the exeption of the high jump, I personally prefer the double jump to it, but eh, it would make him just that much more OP. Anyway...

Sprites: Much better than in 2.0, and the running looks a lot better.

Overdrive Attack: I absolutely love this, way better than the spindash, even if it was improved for 2.1. I also like how you can control it, also unlike the spindash.

Spike Break: This one I find just ok. There's really not many good places to use it right now, other than maybe ERZ3, and you really cannot use it unless in the Overdrive attack, which is not always a good idea to use in ERZ3, you have a speed powerup, or you have gone super, which means it's not that useful. Although, I would like to see a map that maybe used this ability to help you find hidden paths and powerups (and maybe a Metal Sonic only mandatory path...).

Overall, great addon, shame though nothing can be unlocked when he's active.

Yeah, I always thought that Metal Sonic was an unlockable character in SRB2. Still don't know why... Specially this masterpiece.

Yeah, I always thought the concept of an unlockable character would be good, and Metal Sonic is unique while not being so wildly different that levels would play oddly with him. He's could be like a hard mode Sonic.

Anyway, this is one of my favorite wads to use. If I could actually host I'd always be adding this one to netgames. The sound effects help make him feel different too.

The jump sound still sucks ass. Find something with a shorter decay (or modify it in Audacity/Goldwave). The other sounds are okay.

very good wad, I just wish he could turn super in single player I wonder if there's a wad that let's the player turn super in single player, since he can go super in CTF, oh and the super abilities he had in JTE and running on water would be a nice touch seriously no one does that anymore.

Last edited:
New version out! Check the first post for details.

The way you updated the overdrive ability's effects are unspeakably amazing, and I specially love how it's clearer when the overdrive charging reached it's limit~

wish there was metal versions of tail and knuckles, and it'd be cool to have a metal shadow, though for some reason I still haven't seen a basic shadow character even though he's one of the most popular and requested characters out there.

wish there was metal versions of tail and knuckles, and it'd be cool to have a metal shadow, though for some reason I still haven't seen a basic shadow character even though he's one of the most popular and requested characters out there.

Tails_Doll.png

Metal_Knuckles_3.jpeg

Meet the official metal forms of Tails and Knuckles: Tails Doll and Metal Knuckles, both from Sonic R. As for Shadow, Speedwagon is working on that, so be patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back