Robo-Hood (robohood.wad/RHmodifer.lua)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monster Iestyn

Fangtastic
Robo-Hood returns in (not so much as in 2.0) full glory to the new version 2.1 release!

To make up for lack of wallsliding and walking now 2.1 has "fixed" these, a new lua script is provided: RHmodifier.lua. With it the spin button allows for shooting arrows AND gives speed sneakers some effect at last.

Go nuts. RH isn't the thing he used to be, but here he is anyway. =P

Notice: RHmodifier.lua is not a good example of a Lua script to follow, I made it when I didn't know much of Lua myself. Do not blindly copy+paste what you see in it for your own Lua scripts without thinking at least please.

Attachments

• robohood.zip
    51.9 KB · Views: 2,824
  • srb20077.png
    srb20077.png
    31 KB · Views: 10,016
  • srb20079.png
    srb20079.png
    34.7 KB · Views: 2,724
  • srb20081.png
    srb20081.png
    33.1 KB · Views: 2,442
Last edited:
It's good to see Robo-Hood is back.

I have a couple of complaints, though.
First of all, why isn't the Lua script contained within the wad itself? At first I thought that it would effect everyone, not just Robo-Hood, and that's why it's separate. But, it appears to only change Robo-Hood.

Second, I don't like his character select picture. I just don't like scale-ups in general.
I made my own to remedy this problem.

I know it's not that good, but I'd prefer looking at it than what you currently have.

Last edited:
It's seperate so you can play as Robo-Hood 2.0-style if you like. :P

Don't mind the character select though, the original thing was really a joke wad in the end.

Ooh, I see, Lua magic. I used this character's magic, fused it with metalrobotnik's Lua, and edited them to best fit this old guy:

Lua is great, we could become gods >; o.

ontopic, this is definitely a hard character to play as, but thats why I like it. It adds a strangely good challenge to the game.

Robo-Hood is clearly the best character.

https://youtu.be/LTHenMQ2QA0

A couple of months ago, I had the fondness of running Robo-Hood just to show how powerful he can be.

I was reminded today about players having trouble in Cute Ice. Now with RHModifier now on the loose, this has made Robo-Hood easier to play.

But... I still prefer the old Robo-Hood... for obvious reasons.

It's good to see Robo-Hood is back.

I have a couple of complaints, though.
First of all, why isn't the Lua script contained within the wad itself? At first I thought that it would effect everyone, not just Robo-Hood, and that's why it's separate. But, it appears to only change Robo-Hood.

Second, I don't like his character select picture. I just don't like scale-ups in general.
I made my own to remedy this problem.

I know it's not that good, but I'd prefer looking at it than what you currently have.
But the one with words looks good, the one without words is better, though.

Robo-Hood is clearly the best character.

https://youtu.be/LTHenMQ2QA0

A couple of months ago, I had the fondness of running Robo-Hood just to show how powerful he can be.

I was reminded today about players having trouble in Cute Ice. Now with RHModifier now on the loose, this has made Robo-Hood easier to play.

But... I still prefer the old Robo-Hood... for obvious reasons.

To show how powerful he can be? He can beat Egg Rock Act 2 with no problems whatsoever!

Heck, if it wasn't for Egg Rock Act 1's rising platforms, he'd be able to beat the entirety of the game with only his weak thok.

...yes, a shameless plug, I'm sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back