2014, the Year of 2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoganA

Administrator
Administrator
Sonic Team Junior
Posted by Inuyasha on 01-01-2014 04:00 AM.

If you’re one of those people that doesn’t spend all day checking IRC for the absolute latest updates, here’s a bit of a catch-up post for the holidays. Unfortunately, I can’t show much without ruining some special surprises; but nevertheless, here’s what I can show you guys:

• The “Movie Mode” feature in 2.0.7 has been upgraded; it now supports creating an Animated GIF of your gameplay with the touch of a button.* You can view a short video of Mystic showing it off here. [3.7 MB]
  • Precipitation has been “fixed”; it no longer takes a few extra seconds at the beginning of a level to create rain or snow, and the precipitation density option has a much more dynamic effect.* Take a look at these Animated GIFs that show off the visible difference in the new options:
  • For those of you that prefer SRB2 to run in a window as opposed to taking up the entire screen:* You can now change the size of the window in the menu, instead of requiring you restart the game and mess with those picky command line options.
Finally, we here at Sonic Team Jr. wish everyone a happy (and safe) new year.* We’ll try*as hard as we can to release 2.1 this year.* Seriously.

More...

Neat, I am looking forward to future updates. I do remember seeing a couple of the surprises on the IRC, just only missed the precipitation one.

"Finally, we here at Sonic Team Jr. wish everyone a happy (and safe) new year.* We’ll try*as hard as we can to release 2.1 this year.* Seriously."

Yes, they will try so, I don't except a download for this year X)
Or maybe some demos of the 2.1 can be showed to the public, which can be very cool instead of screenshots and text...

No, the plugin used to auto-post these topics just converts no-break spaces to asterisks, for no good reason.

I didn't understand a lot. Does it already have that option for 2.0.7 or will have for 2.1? But it is being very good, no matter how much we are anxious, it is better to do slow and well done. You could also post more forecasts the last that I saw it was of August.

Last edited:
Good luck on finishing guys, hopefully this hype will follow up with the update of the century we've all wanted! Also I have been curious of this for awhile, and I'm sure this must have been asked before, but will 2.1 be the final update to SRB2 (aside from bugfixes similar to 2.0.7)?

And according to the wiki, we're now in the confusing Past-Final Demo era of SRB2 history!

What will be the final version will not be the final version. The final version is version v.2.**HACK** which will be one of the versions that is not v2.1. 2.1 is not the final version.

2.1 is looking more promising with every update. I love the new main menu design.

Can't wait to finally start playing again once this releases.

Also, an actual release "date"!?!? WTF

Also, an actual release "date"!?!? WTF

I honestly wouldn't consider "some time in 2014, maybe" to be an actual release date.

Anyway, I just want to say that all the time-taking with this update is really paying off. I'd rather have an amazing update come after a few years than a shitty update come after a few months.

Well, "Sometime in 2014..." is more promising than just "When it's done, it's done."

2.1: The polish release. Everything that was wonky in previous releases is being fixed before the final levels are produced.

Except for Mario Koopa Blast Zone, apparently. That wonky part of the game sounds like it's still around. Is it going to be cut/remade?

2.1: The polish release. Everything that was wonky in previous releases is being fixed before the final levels are produced.

Except for Mario Koopa Blast Zone, apparently. That wonky part of the game sounds like it's still around. Is it going to be cut/remade?

I don't know any part of the previous 2.1 news said that any level was "wonky". Some levels just have added details and maybe more or less rooms. Then again, I'm not the one who is making the levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back