Character sprite design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kim the Fox!!!

What am I doing here?
Can some one teach me or give me a tutorial about SRB2's character sprite designing? I wanna learn it so much. Thanx for every effort.

Spriting is artwork. You can't really give good tutorials on how to make artwork. Learn how to draw and then just try to imitate SRB2'S style.

Here's a tip, if you want to make a sprite based off of the SRB2 sprite's shape, try tracing over one of the character sprites, erasing all but the outline you made, and starting from there.

For the outline, I suggest using a bright color that the sprite doesn't use. This is one of the ways I make a sprite.

If you have a scanner, draw a picture on paper, scan it, scale it, and touch it up with a good art program like Adobe Photoshop or Paint .NET.

Paint.NET is good for spriting, but when you are actually editing it after scanning, The GIMP works best.
(BTW, they are both FREE!)

This saves me from making a new topic. Thank god for the search function.

If you have a scanner, draw a picture on paper, scan it, scale it, and touch it up with a good art program like Adobe Photoshop or Paint .NET.

When you say scale it, what would be the most preferred width or hight of the images? I'm pretty interested in making my own character wad and I want to make sure I don't make it too big or too small. Oh, and what format would you recommend me saving them as?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back