• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Just as a heads up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Hog

I've begun updating the DoomBuilder config to v1.09, now that the new linedefs have been documented. I'll post the link when it's done.

Doing? It's already up on the Editing section.

Also, note the new specials.html. I intentionally have everything renamed to the same thing, so it would help if everyone used the same names for stuff.

It is? JOY!
EDIT: Just so everyone knows, I'm gonna go update the GFX.wad to go with this config. As long as the creator of said WAD doesn't mind... Whoever that is...
And Mystic... Would you mind if I updated the config a bit? Some of the things are misnamed.

a441/Graue was the original creator of gfx.wad, and YAY, DOOMBUILDER CONFIG!... My time spent with ZDoom has forced me to learn to use it well and now I barely ever use WadAuthor at all :(

I've been following the naming in that HTML file pretty diligently thus far, actually; I've only used a few abbreviations (FOF), and that's about it. I've ditched the "3D Block" thing, because that was pretty weird naming.

He didn't update the names, though, so I'm still inclined to do SOMETHING. It's awfully inconsistent to call FOFs both "Floor over Floors" and "3D Blocks" in the same config file. Plus quicksand works now, allegedly. Nope, still needs work.

Go ahead and use it, though, mine probably won't be ready for a while, and when it is, it'll mostly just be a naming update. A needed one, but still.

I thought I fixed the 3D Block terminology.

I need to do updates there, I just was caught by release and wasn't ready, so I released exactly what I had at the time.

FuriousFox said:
http://home.ripway.com/2005-2/264602/Srb2%20World/Files/Configs/Srb2DBcfg.zip

Foxboy beat you to it.

That config doesn't work, it crashes DB with a Run-Time error "Invalid object call" when you try to specify a linedef action.

Mystic said:
I thought I fixed the 3D Block terminology.
I was talking about the DoomBuilder config FF just posted. It still has "3D block" plastered all over it.

I've currently renamed all the linedef specials to match up with those in the HTML file, but in doing so I'm pretty sure I've removed all the categories (not that I've really checked). Bleh. I'll have to readd those.

God dammit, nobody ever does anything for the DEU users... Hey, that's what I'll do! I'll hack the **** out of DEU and...

My being an idiot aside, thanks for the update on the Doom Builder config, I'm sure there are more exploits to be made now that there's some new line effects and sector types to toy around with ;)

Curse warning

Sorry to rain on your parade Shadow Hog but I got it all updated. Every thing, sector, and linedef special, and still grouped. The only thing is that I left Platform as Platform (though I said no upward collision) because "Intangible from Below" is kinda wordy. I also put in the Egg Prison from NiGHTs and the Cut Away View destination-neither of those was on the main Thing list. The former I got from Digiku, and the latter was just a bit of paying attention.

Of course, I might have missed something.

[/url]

"The configuration file srb2edit.cfg has errors and cannot be parsed.
Syntax error 556: Invalid assignment. Forgot an assignment terminator?"

Test before you show. ;)

You're not really raining on much. Yours is much better as far as naming goes, but there are still a few things that are still using the old names ("Mario - [?] Block", "Water Block Old"...)

All the names in mine are done. Categories are all whacked, but so was the original CFG, so no worries. I've tried using the Thing list in Foxboy's updated CFG, but now DB crashes when I place Things. I might look into ST128's instead.

...except that FB's had all the sprites listed. Hooboy. His is probably better to use, then, once I figure out WTD is wrong.

I've already updated Foxboy's CFG to fix a few parse errors that crashed DB and I've also fixed a few thing names and linedef names, which in turn fixed the borked linedef categories. Get it here: Clicky!

Btw, I was too lazy to update the names myself so, Shadow Hog, you may do that yourself with this CFG I uploaded. Good day.

EDIT: Updated config again to include the missing PASSUSE linedef flag, which certain linedef specials use. Same URL, just click the clicky thingy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back