[Open Assets] Asriel Dreemurr [Asriel.wad]

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

Larissa Celeste

The Space Mother

IMPORTANT!
< - - - Regarding SRB2 2.2 - - - >

I WILL be porting him over to 2.2! With the help of a friend, we plan on COMPLETELY reworking him! I will try to give him an actual unique moveset and visuals! If you have any questions, you can place them here in the comments. You CAN PM me if you really want to. However, if you'd like to speak to me personally, I'd recommend reaching out to me on Discord: TeX#6071. If I DO somehow for some rare reason, disappear for 6 MONTHS, then I do indeed give blanket permission for STJr and its appointed staff to coordinate and approve the porting and maintenance of Asriel on the forums, except where stated otherwise. I reserve the right to ask for those ports to be taken down or replaced if I return. It's very unlikely that I'll go missing, but it's JUST IN CASE! You may not edit my work to create other content (such as Original Characters or Remix Stages) unless I say so!
< - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - >

srb20021.png

Yep! Asriel's comin' to SRB2! This is my very first wad and I worked so hard on this wad, so I'm EXTREMELY proud of myself! I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did making it (No, seriously, customizing the sprites was the fun part but it DID take a while doing it piece by piece)! I'd love to give a big thanks to Anthony for the custom Asriel sprites! I also edited some of the sprites to fit their respective actions! Please don't ask me why he has the SMB3 P-Wings. I just threw those in there for the heck of it! But if you think about it Asriel does have an angel-like personality.

Ⓐⓑⓘⓛⓘⓣⓘⓔⓢ

OLD ASRIEL (Asriel.zip)

Instashield - Hit jump in mid-air to create a small shocking shield around you for a split second (From Sonic 3)

Peelout - Hold CUSTOM 1 to start running in position and when the time is right, let go and you'll zoom off!

Double Jump (REQUIRES ELECTRIC/RING SHIELD) - Hit the jump button in mid-air to jump a second time!

Bounce (REQUIRES REINFORCED/FORCE SHIELD) - Hit the jump button to bounce!

Hover (REQUIRES ELEMENTAL/FIRE SHIELD) - Hold the jump button in mid-air and you'll float/hover for a split second!

Hyper Form (MUST HAVE OVER 100 RINGS) - While in super form with over 100 rings, hit the CUSTOM 2 button to turn hyper!

Hyper Thok (MUST BE IN HYPER FORM) - Hit the jump button in mid-air to thok in the exact direction your facing. Which means you can even thok upwards!

NEW ASRIEL (Asriel Version 1.5.zip)

Homing Thok - Target the nearest enemy, spring, monitor, etc.

Swimming - {Self-explanatory}
NOTE: TO SPINDASH UNDERWATER YOU MUST HOLD CUSTOM 3 WHILE DOING SO!

Peelout - Hold CUSTOM 1 to start running in position and when the time is right, let go and you'll zoom off!

Fireballs - Hit the shoot button to throw a fireball (Well, fire IS a thing that runs in the Dreemurr family, right?)

Ⓒⓡⓔⓓⓘⓣⓢ
Custom Asriel Sprites (Some) | ME!
Custom Asriel Sprites (Most of them/Full Sheet) | Anthony - http://anthony-zel.deviantart.com/
Abilities (LUA) | Icezer - https://plus.google.com/u/0/117697613430348864814/about
SPIN LUA | MotorRoach - https://mb.srb2.org/member.php?u=2184
Help with errors | Lat' - https://mb.srb2.org/member.php?u=5195
Help with errors and abilities (LUA) | Carlos - http://teamcd.freeforums.net/user/3
Copyrights to the character all together | Toby Fox

Ⓢⓒⓡⓔⓔⓝⓢⓗⓞⓣⓢ
srb20044.png srb20047.png srb20049.png
srb20050.png srb20052.png srb20055.png
srb20058.png srb20062.png

Attachments

• Asriel.zip
    279.2 KB · Views: 3,672
  • Asriel Version 1.5.zip
    292 KB · Views: 1,490
Last edited:
OK, first of all, Great character 10/10, second of all, I found a bug almost instantly when I played as him. The Insta shield stays after using it, and it's kinda annoying to look at.
mvl1oGe.gif

OK, first of all, Great character 10/10, second of all, I found a bug almost instantly when I played as him. The Insta shield stays after using it, and it's kinda annoying to look at.
I can't seem to make that happen. Is there anything specific you have to do?

I kinda find it jarring how Asriel has perfect diagonal sprites while standing but none while walking/running.

TBH, This doesn't really feel like I'm playing as Asriel himself. Where's the shooting stars, the rainbow strikes.etc? This wad would have been better as a add-on moveset for Sonic, but that's my opinion. I'm just saying, that it would be nice to have a actual moveset based on his Undertale attacks.

This character kinda gave mixed feelings when I tried it. I felt like it was just a sprite rip with some Lua slapped on to it, to be honest.
To improve, I suggest that you make custom sprites and replace the current moveset with one that works like the one he had in Undertale.

This character kinda gave mixed feelings when I tried it. I felt like it was just a sprite rip with some Lua slapped on to it, to be honest.
To improve, I suggest that you make custom sprites and replace the current moveset with one that works like the one he had in Undertale.

To be fair, Asriel's original state is only seen like once in the game, and it was at the very end, making him kinda powerless, now If this went towards his battle version, then yes, there would be expectations, but since this is a first wad, it's pretty good in sprite quality, and since Asriel's normal state did nothing special in the game thus far, his moveset can be anything, and I don't mind me a good Sonic 3 moveset.

I can't seem to make that happen. Is there anything specific you have to do?

It seems that it happens when you have FSonic.wad on too, which kinda makes sense because that has an instashield that isn't the primary jump attack, and is what this instashield is likely based on, but it doesn't make sense in any other place. so I don't know how this could be fixed, but It's kinda annoying to look at and if someone has a server with both of them, it would probably confuse them and have them be annoyed. I don't want one or the other i want to be able to use both.

The answer is simple. Just host one or the other, besides, I've seen Asriel used mostly for RP, which isn't bad to say the least, but choosing between Better Vanilla Sonic vs. Sonic 3 Sonic is more of your choice, have fun.

The answer is simple. Just host one or the other, besides, I've seen Asriel used mostly for RP, which isn't bad to say the least, but choosing between Better Vanilla Sonic vs. Sonic 3 Sonic is more of your choice, have fun.

The problem is that people on servers have different taste, so maybe one wants sonic 3 sonic, and another wants better vanilla sonic, so some might leave because they want the other. servers also might want both for RP too, because of how better FSonic is than vanilla sonic. But, if he was only meant for RP, he might as well just play like one of the vanilla characters or a basic character with no real abilities.

Also with the new Asriel you don't have to worry about having FSonic and him at the same time. The insta-shield didn't seem right for him anyway. But if you still want to use the old Asriel then just download the old zip (Asriel.zip). Have fun people!

I know it's been some time but I'm probably gonna start re-doing Asriel once more. At least his abilities because, let's be honest, I'm not exactly happy with this now that I look at it to this day rather than back then. Expect an update at some point.

I know it's been some time but I'm probably gonna start re-doing Asriel once more. At least his abilities because, let's be honest, I'm not exactly happy with this now that I look at it to this day rather than back then. Expect an update at some point.
Oh, wow!
That's awesome! I can't wait!

Oh hey, I was just wondering, is this update still a thing in progress?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back