Inazuma the Deer

Welp. Don't play on Sugoi's Sky Labyrinth with Inazuma! You'll straight up get stuck there!

Aside from that though, this character has a really fun playstyle! It's simple, it's complex, it's everything in-between!! Inazuma's super fun to play as!

Honestly just messing around with him in single player kinda gives me Gunvolt flashbacks.

Fun character honestly!

Hello guys! We got a lil' update for ya!

This update primarily fixes all those bugs that plagued Inazuma as well as refining his gameplay in both SP/CO-OP and Match!

• Fixed electric auras persisting when switching to another character
• Fixed Dirk bot's spindash ability not functioning
• Fixed error showing when Dirk bot's super shield should be removed (shield now gets removed properly)
• Inazuma's Unyielding ability is now disabled in match/ctf
• While equipped with a force shield, Electric Barrier now has an increased range
• While equipped with an elemental shield, Electric Barrier will leave a fire trail on the ground
• While equipped with an attraction shield, Electric Barrier allows Inazuma to walk on water
• Electric Blast now lasts a lot longer, but does not bounce off walls until charged for at least 2 seconds
• Increased radius of Radial Flash, but it is only usable once every 10 seconds
• Added modder-utility variable player.inazuma_disableelectricbarrier to prevent Inazuma from using electric barrier
• Added support for Top Down (use the .td file, since Top Down does not support .pk3 yet!)
• Reduced state count
• Converted file to .pk3 format
• Fixed Ultimate Inazuma timing out at pw_super overflow
• Ultimate Inazuma missiles now disappear after 1.5 seconds, but they also bounce off walls
• Ultimate Inazuma transformation timing made much stricter
• Ultimate Inazuma transformation's screenshake is only shown to the transforming player in co-op
• Ultimate Inazuma now has a 60-second time limit in match

I do plan to give Inazuma a sprite update in the near future to clean up some of his animations. Though for now that will be on hold as I am currently working on a character that I've been meaning to update for years now.
and a couple of other things.

Last edited:
Hello guys! We got a lil' update for ya!

This update primarily fixes all those bugs that plagued Inazuma as well as refining his gameplay in both SP/CO-OP and Match!

I do plan to give Inazuma a sprite update in the near future to clean up some of his animations. Though for now that will be on hold as I am currently working on a character that I've been meaning to update for years now.
and a couple of other things.
Awesome!
I was wondering when some of these bugs would be fixed, though the 60 Second time limit for U.Inazuma is a bit unfun for servers that want him active at longer periods (I personally love using him in MonitorsPlus)
perhaps make it so we can perhaps use console commands to either extend, shorten or outright disable the 60 second timelimit and leave it to the standard ringdrain like before.

Inazuma's homing is buggy. I sometimes try to get to another side without faling in a pit, but then he seeks to hom except he doesnt get to his target. Instead he bounces off it/moves around it until he stops and then either I'd die, or luckily survive.

Inazuma's homing is buggy. I sometimes try to get to another side without faling in a pit, but then he seeks to hom except he doesnt get to his target. Instead he bounces off it/moves around it until he stops and then either I'd die, or luckily survive.

Can you please show us a GIF of this behavior? I'm not entirely sure what you mean.

I'll supply that for you, I thought it was limited to being linked to a specific wad combination which is why I didn't say anything earlier, but if others are experiencing it too then I'll just show the behavior.

pq4Wm0G.gif
Interestingly, I only got this result by using a modified version of the PhysAttk script that simply increased the radius of the hit detection from that script, it doesn't mess with homing or the player's actual hit box in any way, and the normal version of PhysAttk works fine.
This behavior leads me to wonder if blacc is using any mods in addition to Inazuma.

I'll supply that for you, I thought it was limited to being linked to a specific wad combination which is why I didn't say anything earlier, but if others are experiencing it too then I'll just show the behavior.

pq4Wm0G.gif
Interestingly, I only got this result by using a modified version of the PhysAttk script that simply increased the radius of the hit detection from that script, it doesn't mess with homing or the player's actual hit box in any way, and the normal version of PhysAttk works fine.
This behavior leads me to wonder if blacc is using any mods in addition to Inazuma.

I think your additional mods are changing Inazuma's target mid-homing. I took a look at PhysAttk.lua and I believe the player's target is being set to itself after P_SupermanLook4Players is called, which means that Inazuma starts homing in on himself.

So, I went through GFZ with Inazuma to see how fast he can finish a level. I got 0:24 on Act 1, 0:48 on Act 2, and 0:52 on Act 3. This is one deer predators don't want beef with!

It would be amazing if it could use the match abilities in coop, even tho i know it would end up with a lot of trolling also make him op, but overall this is an amazing OC character

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back