Tails Guy: Shooter of all the things!

bf51dd094f.png

I hope you didn't forget about split-screen! Some of us still play it, you know...

Is this supposed to be guns from doom? nice job I love the way you have tails and everything

Sent from my STUDIO X PLUS using ********

jc3nONo.png

I've got to say, that was one of the most fun I've ever had playing SRB2.
The race and the fight against Metal Sonic were definitely the most difficult parts, barely made it through the race with 2 seconds and 20 health to spare.

I got a small bug report too, so this post isn't a complete waste:
Looks like you can destroy monitors with your projectiles even if they're far above or below the actual monitor.

H18RklO.gif

H18RklO.gifv
H18RklO.gifv

Honestly was the only reason I was actually capable of beating the race.

This wad was so much fun, and trying to figure out ways to beat the level, while also having to watch your health so you don't die from your own rockets, it basically turns the game into "beat the level with as little rocket jumps as you can" and I LOVE it.

I nearly beat the entire game with this wad, I wasn't able to pass ERZ1. That one part after the disappearing blocks, the part where you are on a constantly moving platform, and have to duck underneath things. Yeah that's where I lost all of my lives and continues. I know the original doom didn't have it, but I really think you should add a crouching ability. I swear that part you need to be pixel perfect.

Other than that though, this is probably the most fun I've had in SRB2's single player since I first played it almost ten years ago.

So uh... I died in a special stage... not failed, died. The timer stopped, too, so I had to quit. I would've been annoyed if it hadn't surprised me so much that I found it funny.

Other than that, I dig it. I do have to agree with Zipper that it'd probably feel better with a dedicated fire button, but as it is, it's fairly easy to adapt to. Rocket jumping on the other hand... I dunno, to me it feels just a tad off. Still, it's a lotta fun to run around shooting badniks with a shotgun. Nice work!

Well, This is one heck of wad. I Liked it. But the super Form Looks Weird.

Yeah, i thought the super form looked weird too, i literally asked myself "what is THIS?!", until i realized it was actually CyberDemon with Tails's Tails and head.

I played through with this, and it was extremely fun while it lasted...
how in the holy mother of hell did you get past castle eggman act 1??? I wasn't using OpenGL granted, but still...

Some other suggestions as well:

-I feel like rockets should be able to bust breakable walls, it prevents tails guy from getting certain secrets everyone else can.

-the slime in techno hill can screw you over sometimes, is there a way to have the rockets collide with the slime? It's still possible as is, but it's rather tricky.

-maybe lose rings? Because it's currently easy to get lives from rings... but I can see how that would be impossible to pull off, since the health would increase every time you collected a dropped ring. I dunno.

-these are nitpicks... 1, toggle off chasecam automatically? 2, make a version without the whole tails thing. I don't care too much really, but I can imagine that turning off some people.

I apologize if I came off as a dick, I didn't mean to.

Last edited:
Rockets not working:

This most likely may be a problem with combining it with other mods, however I am not exactly sure if that is the case because after I had removed any other mods I had used with this one: (boss mayhem, etc, enemy object characters) Tails Guy had an error which made the rockets have no effect whatsoever.

To explain what happened, I would load up tails guy's wad and multiple other wads, and it would cause the custom button that is used to shoot rockets to either shoot nothing, or sonic's base game sprite flying forward, which then disappears after hitting a wall. I also took off the other wads after, however this mod would still experience the same error with something relating to (doom file missing) or (rocket something missing).

Everything else works pretty great, but tails guy's jump height stops the entire game from being playable without the rocket working at all, as some heights are just too high for tails guy.

I really liked how this character worked besides the small error though, and it makes me kind of want a doomguy wad for this game, and I still tend to use this character. I really like it despite this problem!

Edit 10/4/2018:
Tried this mod out with the other mods again, turns out it only has a problem rarely when its not the first mod to be inserted, and the rocket feature works pretty nicely! Though to warn other players, it makes getting to higher heights or getting across long jumping gaps in the normal or any sort of custom game much harder, and makes you risk losing lives.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back