T. Sonic

these animations were made by tripplejaz for this wad? if yes, any chance of super sprites?

Sorry, no. Jaz made it clear to me that he didn't want TSonic to have a super form, and even if he wanted, he doesn't currently have the time to make any additional sprites to the mod.

By the way, new update up.

Last edited:
Sorry, no. Jaz made it clear to me that he didn't want TSonic to have a super form, and even if he wanted, he doesn't currently have the time to make any additional sprites to the mod.

By the way, new update up.

no problem, the wad is still really neat and i consider the super form more like a bonus feature than a real game feature

found a "bug" where if you charge a peelout and release it without holding any direction, you will come to a complete halt. Not sure if intentional or not.

After playing around with this a bit more at slower speeds, I've noticed that the homing attack can be really inconsistent on when it wants to activate, might I suggest increasing the range a bit? Also the homing attack doesn't seem to work in rapid succession, though I'm not sure if that's intentional or not.

Glitch

I have found somehow a slight glitch for Toei Sonic. I had to inspect the WAD file itself to find it the source of it. When I was testing the mod in-game; Toei Sonic's R foot was glitching out whenever he was still and not in his idle waiting animation, but his regular standing animation. The glitch has been originated because Sonic's R foot doesn't match his L foot because from what I can tell in game play is because both feet/sneakers don't look the same. Could this please be fixed?

Last edited:
To clarify, there are no such things as "glitches" to a singular part of the body, especially a static frame like the Standing frame. That's how the art/sprite has been constructed.

---------- Post added at 03:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 AM ----------

found a "bug" where if you charge a peelout and release it without holding any direction, you will come to a complete halt. Not sure if intentional or not.

This is a general bug with SRB2 believe it or not. However this is only the case if the effect happens for about one tic. It may work if said function is used for more than once.

I actually did fix this, but it's not really a major issue so I'm just going to wait for other issues to show up / Roach to consent to a small update / 2.2.

Also, with regards to the homing attack:
ShnflvK

This is the range of a normal homing attack. You can target any enemy within the 180° range in front of you. However, Roach and Jaz thought it was jarring to be able to target enemies to the side of the player, however, and wanted Sonic to only be able to target enemies in front of him—so I restricted the angle somewhat:

j1VYPOq

As you can see, enemies to the side can't be targeted anymore. The drawback of this, however, is that the closer the enemy is to the player, the less horizontal leeway there is.

JscAFIm

So long story short, the intent is that you're only supposed to target enemies directly in front of you. It's totally possible to chain enemies in succession, you just unfortunately have to (ironically) be far enough away for them to be in range.

Just letting you all know that another update for TSonic is up. This time with better homing attack ranging, and hopefully less buggy.

Well, this was definitely an unexpected surprise. Have to say, that spritework is top notch, it definitely looks like it came out of Sega CD's Sonic CD's charmingly compressed intro.

Not personally a fan of the homing attack though, I feel like FSonic's thok is essential to keeping a good pace with the character, especially around tight turns, and it's a shame to see all your speed die because a Crawla decided to waltz around the corner when you're about to thok.

9.5/10
The sprite looks great the drowning animation is funny but I would like to see a T Sonic md2 in it's own style. Toei Tails and Toei Knuckles [OVA Tails and OVA Knuckles] are a thing and i would like to see them put into the game with different abilities.

Is it Ok if we can edit the Wad and give him a Super Form instead?
"This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission"

And with Motor's strict usage on how you use his work, expect broken legs or a no

or both

I would like to see a T Sonic md2.

Seconded. Although I would give it a 10. Honestly this just makes the game feel better. Like you're playing the CD opening.

Seriously would the devs be willing to just make this a skin for regular Sonic? Although I'm not quite sure how much reworking to Toei that would take.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back