Metal Sonic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah and he had that thing instead of the spindash, and he didn't have any battle attacks.

What I meant to say was that he played similar to sonic.

It's true that Metal Sonic has had all the capabilities and potential to match Sonic's to a tee, but I always figured that he has even more hidden "potential" to more than just rival Sonic, but be, in some way, "greater," and thus have some form of difference between the two of them. I like the jump boost mechanic for this WAD because Metal doesn't absolutely need a thok in order to reach the speeds that vanilla Sonic has, and in turn, could reach places that Sonic barely can't get to on his own.

This is SRB2, and here, Metal doesn't use a Thok. I'm pretty sure that no-one likes clones, and that we aren't trying to mirror the games. However, if you do want something to resemble the games, try Metal Anyone [whom I think Sonic Heroes and Battle inspired].

i like this wad but you know (Spikes are no match for Metal Sonic!)

Anywho, Metal also just tears though spikes during the race - perhaps in the next release he could do that, OverDrive or not?

Last edited:
This is SRB2, and here, Metal doesn't use a Thok. I'm pretty sure that no-one likes clones, and that we aren't trying to mirror the games. However, if you do want something to resemble the games, try Metal Anyone [whom I think Sonic Heroes and Battle inspired].

I'm saying I like it because the gameplay is different from Sonic for once. Some games in the series had Metal play literally the same as Sonic, while a few, if I recall correctly, had Metal play differently in some aspects, which I prefer, since both of them aren't strictly "the same." That same ideology went here - different gameplay styles between SRB2 Sonic and this Metal Sonic WAD.

I'm saying I like it because the gameplay is different from Sonic for once. Some games in the series had Metal play literally the same as Sonic, while a few, if I recall correctly, had Metal play differently in some aspects, which I prefer, since both of them aren't strictly "the same." That same ideology went here - different gameplay styles between SRB2 Sonic and this Metal Sonic WAD.

If WADs literally just played like the vanilla characters, we shouldn't even call them custom characters, but skins or costumes. Thus, we make them different to be unique. For example, I found a Metal Knuckles WAD awhile back, but he played just like Knuckles, so I deleted it.

Back to Metal Sonic, something cool to add would be the Black Shield [or whatever it was called] and the ability to destroy spikes.

If WADs literally just played like the vanilla characters, we shouldn't even call them custom characters, but skins or costumes. Thus, we make them different to be unique. For example, I found a Metal Knuckles WAD awhile back, but he played just like Knuckles, so I deleted it.

Well... Not sure if you are understanding my point exactly, so I'll summarize: Metal Sonic in this WAD has enough gameplay DIFFERENCES from SRB2 Sonic to make him his OWN character, for the sake of any difference between them, and those differences are ones I enjoy playing with. If it was just a sprite and sound replacement WAD of Sonic, I don't suppose I wouldn't notice 1:1 gameplay similarity to Sonic. I'm thankful that this isn't just a reskin and has differences to make Metal at least partially similar to vanilla Sonic.

"changes, deviations, dissimilarities" has my vocabulary expanded yet

Awesome wad, like Shadow, it's refreshing to not be playing a Sonic clone. Played through the game with it, and it was bug-free (for me) and it played very well. The only thing I disliked is the blue sphere that trails behind Metal. This has bugged me since playing Metal in JTE, but really it's just a silly nitpick from me.

Quick update released! Fixes a small bug that popped up in 2.1.17.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back