• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Something I Require If You Guys Want A New Toolset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there some kind of "Unofficial / Official SRB2 Specs" that contains a reference table for all the frames, codepointers and general Things data (Thing-ID's, Thing Numbers, etc.) that I can look at, to complete my hack of DEHACKED (heh) to export SOCs? This would also be helpful to find so I could complete a version of DEU (my favorite Doom map editor) that works with SRB2 and the same thing for several other DOS-Doom programs to make a completely functional toolset for oldschool Doomers to feel comfortable with.

Here's what I want: an official, decompiled, SWANTBLS-compatible ANIMATED lump. Guessing the speeds at which those textures play is kinda irritating, but not as irritating as not having tools that decompile the lump for you...

SOC editor broken. :( State editor's "next frame" subtracts 1 for some reason, making it hard to use, though it seems to work right for reading in the code and stuff. Try it. Use an empty slot and make the first empty slot state go to itself and make the second empty slot state scream and die, and you'll see it scream ... and turn into a bubble, if you made the next frame after that one go to S_DISS thinking that's what I meant by "die"

Blah...

hmm, that's weird... for some reason in the code it adds a +1 to the number. O_o

Fixed, although any NEXT values in a SOC will need to be updated with the patch.

Anyway, is there a location in the source code which lists the animated textures and their speeds? I can get the animated textures down pat, it's the speed that's hard to duplicate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back