• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2 in ZDoom

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the same idea Geona, and people told me that they have been running srb2 with DOOM for like 4 years that theres no way they'll switch to a different game maker.

If somebody DOES manage to do that, that person will kill our srb2, making a total waste of trying to make a good srb2. But maybe for a srb3... maybe not. After a totall of 5 years, counting srb1, srb3 sounds... well you know.

That would be 7 years. Sonic Robo Blast was started in May 1997. Sonic Robo Blast 2 was started in March/April 1998.

the most I could do is make levels that are like sonic games, I'm not even gonna pretend that I know how to code. oh sure, I know a few lines in DukeC or whatever the programming language in duke is called, but that's about it. Who knows? that Sonic TC might be an equal to SRB2, but i don't know much about the project to give actual facts. it's not even released last i heard.

already too many doom ports as it is. We don't need a crapload of ports for SRB2.

now I might actually try this Idea, since I remembered a few things about .art files and stuff. is it okay if I borrow a few textures from SRB2? (not planning an actual conversion, just a few maps that give the feel of SRB2.) Only reason I'm gonna try this is because I'm starting to lose interest in Duke, and feel like trying something new.

also, has anyone made an MD2 of sonic? there was a god awful one I saw, but I highly doubt anyone here has the time to help, so I'll go somewhere else to get that kind of help.

no no no. There's a port of Duke3d that has model support. (VERY well working too.) and I was planning on trying to implement a sonic model to replace the duke sprites.

maybe I should simply make a new topic elsewhere for this.

THIS IS NOT AN UPDATE

Now that ZDoom can use "true" 3D floors (portals... :roll: ) i can get back to work on implementing SRB2 into ZDoom. Also, in case anyone was wondering, I was a bit busy with other efforts as of late, like making Final Doom 64, and a few other DooM projects like XDoom (remake of content in the Doom Bible) and Cornered At Corneria (Action Doom ripoff).

Mystic said:
Bigboi said:
Darkhaven3 said:
THIS IS NOT AN UPDATE
THIS IS A BUMP
NO IT ISN'T, HE'S POSTING NEW CONTENT, YOU IDIOT.

WHY ARE WE TALKING LIKE THIS

And by the way, the portals suck. Big time. I'm sticking with Transfer Heights. And on a completely unrelated note, there's an unofficial build of ZDoom that supports DECORATE weapons along with a fragile form of dynamic WAD loading...

I'm thinking, maybe I can use dynamic WAD loading to recreate the selectable characters that SRB2 has...

And "zomg, teh thok barrier is not of required beacose ZDewm does much faster collision detection lolz"

Quake III

Sorry for the massive bump, but I just had a great idea! You could try building SRB2 on the Quake III Engine, because it has bots and heaps of other great features. And one more thing, since this topic is SOOOOOO ancient the download link and all the pics are DEAD.

Dude. It's not going to happen. Unless you want this game to stay like DNF, STJR is sticking with their current engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back