Megaman 8-Bit Deathmatch RELEASED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Bump for a good reason:

Trailer 2 has been released. Things that are new:

• A story that's pure 90s Capcom. As the immortal(sorta) M. Bison would say, OF COURSE!
  • Not exactly new, but Auto runs a "danger room" in Light's lab. Here you can test out how the various weapons work in 3D.
  • Boss fights against the RMKs and Guts-Dozer confirmed. Interestingly, Guts-Dozer appears to be a sprite on top of a PolyObject base.
In other news, Reggae(who did random shit when summoned, including making QUICKMAN'S LASERS shoot from walls) has been cut due to being too crazy. There is currently a thread on the CutStuff forums with ideas on how to bring him back. I have to give special credit to TrueTenguMan's idea(which would have him give you items similar to MMBN's Dark Chips). Good thing I always keep a case of E-Tanks around for emergencies. *gives a 12-pack of E-Tanks to TrueTenguMan*

Well my idea for Reggae is pretty much up to Cutman Mike to decide. If say he did chose it, then there will be more coding and tests involved which would delay the release. Besides if you read through it, Mike did mention he wanted Reggae to live up to his purpose of pissing off the player other than creating another Eddie item clone.

Far as I know, the item theft idea for him is holding more water than mine :p

EDIT: Oh and I found this...

mega2v.png

Last edited:
It just needs Anisotropic Filtering out the ass, otherwise every large area is going to look like Mario Koopa Blast 1 (one look at that level makes you wonder why STJR didn't support OpenGL).

Well a vid was released a few days back which shows a demonstration of all ((cept Yamato Man's)) RM weapons as well as there stages. Elec Man's stage is still crap looking from those texture though >_>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4re3tJ09rWk

P.S. Also that Gut's Man pic I posted was actually an Alpha verson and is being cut from the release until remade apparently

Cutman Mike said:
The two maps in the alpha version of MM8BDM suck. Cut Man's was too much like a singleplayer level (too much jumping, not enough room) and Guts Man's level was too open and dull. I still have them but don't expect to see them in the game any time soon.

Last edited:
lol software sux

Look, it's no secret that anything viewed at any distance in Software mode looks like utter shit. Everyone has their own preferences. I personally think anisotropic filtering just makes things look blurry.

Look, it's no secret that anything viewed at any distance in Software mode looks like utter shit. Everyone has their own preferences. I personally think anisotropic filtering just makes things look blurry.
What you or anyone else doesn't seem to get in this community is that filters are an OPTION.

sniper joe

But yeah, looking forward to this. The demo was fun; there's some weapon inbalance and the stages are too small, but I'm sure the new release will fix that.

Surely. But obviously Rolling cutter is always going to be rape so I see no changes to that weapon. If I remember, Needle Cannon wasn't fixed of it's damage output, but the recoil was reduced for a fleeing chance.

Surely. But obviously Rolling cutter is always going to be rape so I see no changes to that weapon.
There's nothing wrong with the rolling cutter. The damage output is potentially incredible, but it's also severely punishing if the player uses it incorrectly. Personally, it's my favorite, if only because of how well designed it is in this regard.

If I remember, Needle Cannon wasn't fixed of it's damage output, but the recoil was reduced for a fleeing chance.
Yeah, the slowdown needed to go. There's little reason to use anything else when you can just rely on a weapon that pins the player down and has a high damage output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back