Hidden Sanctuary Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice

Pretty chill guy
I just compiled act 1 and 2 into a single wad. I'll get to finishing act 3 after ME comes out.
Screenshots:

Bridges within trees. (HSZ1)
srb20001-3.png

An area near a lake. (HSZ2)
srb20002-10.png

Link:
http://srb2ffh.supersanctuary.net/847scr_HiddenSanctuaryZone.wad

I've also got a special stage done that I've got to include once I get act 3 finished up.

Judging from the textures in the last screenshot, I'm guessing this level works best in openGL mode.

I didn't say it won't work in software; I just said it would work BEST. from my experience, that glass texture in the last screenshot comes out really weird in software, but works fine in openGL. It won't produce errors or anything, it'll just look odd.

But I've seen that texture glitched up by software mode without translucent FOFs. The only time I've ever seen that texture work properly is in OpenGL mode.

I have no clue why it works on THZ2. That's the only time in the entire game that software mode renders that texture right for me.

Well, it's always rendered fine for me. For me, opengl just messes up that texture, well, except in that level I made where it actually made it look better.
Anyway, back on topic.
Personally, I think this level looks great. It's very good.

Hidden Sanctuary, 9/10

My word. You should have released this into the contest. While there were really no gimmicks, the layout is truly exemplary. The visuals also are top-notch. The only problems I see so far are that your End Level Sign blended into the ground and that you should use TUNES 92 (which I switch to immediately). Otherwise, stellar work. This easily rivals the quality of zones such as Nuclear Sunset Zone Act 2.

Wow, thanks. I'm not particularly proud of the layout of some of my rooms, but your comment is appreciated anyway!
Here's some screenshots of second zone, which hasn't been in progress for a while.
Take note that not all scenery has been placed into the level yet:

srb20002-10.png

srb20003-6.png

This zone is gonna harbor tunes 93 by the way.

this one is actually quite nice it brought my hopes up after hearing that a Sky Sanctuary wad was a joke that was pulled on me. But i do love the trees reminds me of the wood zone

S3_super_sonic.gif
better now

This does indeed look very interesting, but I think this level just doesn't seem to scream out the word "hidden" to me, I would suggest making the textures look a little more like they were part of an area that has been hidden away from the world... Make it look a little more ancient...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back