sr_blueheaven.wad - Blue Heaven SRB2 level pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tets

one rude dude
This is the official thread for discussion of my SRB2 level pack, Blue Heaven. For anybody not in the know, Blue Heaven is a level pack for SRB2 which currently has five complete zones and is steadily being added on to. Further details and a download link can be found at the Blue Heaven home page.

The current version of Blue Heaven is 0.5.3. This post will be edited as new releases arise.

Here are a couple of screenshots to kick things off.
dpz.png
bcz.png

srb20006.png

What is up with that small sliver of redwall?

srb20005.png

I have a feeling that this is a renderer fault caused by a FOF with objects on it, with close proximity to a wall.

srb20004.png

You missed some flamethrowers.

srb20003.png

You missed some more.

srb20002-1.png

That same sliver of redwall (I think).

srb20001-1.png

Even more redwall. GASP!

Otherwise, an awe-inspiring mod.

Tets said:
I'm not picking up the slack for a shoddily coded renderer when it's clearly stated not to be supported when the game is started.

In other words, use Software. Some flamethrowers slipped in when he restored a backup, so don't worry. You do know you could be using the default program, right? It doesn't have those flamethrowers, making things a bit easier for you.

Those are the same redwalls reported in the original release of Frigid Peak months ago that I couldn't fix. Those areas are in fact properly textured, and there's nothing I can do about it because it's the fault of the opengl renderer.

In any case, I did fix that weird camera problem in the second image. It was quite a pain to find since Jurai_Madman wasn't kind enough to tell me where it was. There's not much I can make out from that angle, after all. Then I saw the last image and it dawned on me that when I changed that bit of deep snow to use the fake floor special, I didn't change the heights accordingly in the control sector. That's why there's no snow visible on the edge of that bit of raised ground to the right. Not worth a version change, but I've updated the wad with that bit fixed.

And those flamethrowers are meant to be there. I decided to go back on my decision to remove them entirely, at Shuffle's behest.

It doesn't support coop mode.

Anyway, you know the pool at the very end right before the teleporter of the fourth zone, act 2? It doesn't hurt, while it does have toxic textures.

Actually, Tets, if you actually care, it is possible to fix that kind of REDWALL. You simply have to texture the spot that it's showing. Despite the fact that it's broken and showing things it shouldn't, you can place a texture there, and despite the fact that it shouldn't render it, it will fix the issue.

Horendous Graphical Glitch (Zone 1 Act 2)!
(Please excuse the player two screen, that was my brother.)
srb20019.png

srb20018.png

This whole area is glitchy. You might want to explore a way to fix it, seeing as how it's the whole waterfall pit in Act 2.

And yet, even with all the binding I had to do on the spot, I still won: *click*

Tets, despite the OpenGL missing texture errors, this is an awesome mod, I love how you did Burning Cavern, I wish I could make lava cavern levels like you. :)

I love the mod, but couldn't you make it for a coop mode also? I love Frigid Peak And Dark Palisades. Can't wait for more!

The map order is a bit screwed.

Map mapC1
Map mapC2
Map map--
Map mapC4
Map mapC5
Map map--
Map mapC7
Map mapC8
Map map--
Map mapCA
Map mapCB
etc.

There is no third map, evertime.

I like that. It is more like Sonic 2 that way, now if only you could remove the teleport and make it a specific room to fight the boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back