Favourite Metroid Game & Favourite Megaman Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spongecar

WishI had a better internet
Just 2 questions for the world. What game in the Metroid series is your favourite & which game in the Megaman series is your favourite?

EDIT: My favourites:
Metroid:
Metroid Zero Mission (GBA)

Megaman:
Megaman 1 (NES/Genesis)

Last edited:
Why am I getting clairvoyant visions of this thread being locked for lack-of-content? Anyway.

Metroid
Normal: Zero Mission
Prime: Prime 1, version 1.1

Mega Man
Classic: 6
X: 5
Zero: 3
ZX: ZX
Legends: 1
BN: 3; Blue
SF: Never played any.

Last edited:
Megaman
Classic: None
X: 3 (I only have up to X3, so I can't say anything beyond that)
Zero: 3
ZX: ZX
Legends: None
Battle Network: 6 - Falzar
StarForce: 3 - Black Ace

Metroid
Never played the series, except maybe for one game, which I don't remember.

3 for both. Any other answer is wrong, including if you say Mega Man 2.

Especially if you say Mega Man 2.

I haven't played the Megaman series extensively (I am such a hypocrite right now), but Megaman Zero 4 was my favorite game ever for a year or two. Zero was such a beast in that game. ZX Advent didn't replace Zero 4, but ZXA's extreme difficulty was amazing when I was in the mood for it.

Last edited:
Megaman Zero 4 was hard for you? For some reason, its the only game in the series I didn't use the Shift+ F1~10 buttons every second to avoid traps of such. I find Megaman Zero 3 and 1 harder.
My favorite game of Megaman would probably be Megaman X 3, as it's my first video game ever. Even though I just replayed it a while back and checked that its credits are 5 more years older than the time I first played it, or something like that...

Megaman Zero 4 was hard for you? For some reason, its the only game in the series I didn't use the Shift+ F1~10 buttons every second to avoid traps of such. I find Megaman Zero 3 and 1 harder.
My favorite game of Megaman would probably be Megaman X 3, as it's my first video game ever. Even though I just replayed it a while back and checked that its credits are 5 more years older than the time I first played it, or something like that...

Zero 4 would've been much harder if you weren't using an emulator, trust me. :P

Favorite Metroid? I'll have to say Prime.

As for Mega Man, I'll say Mega Man X. The original.

Mega Man

MM8BDM.
trollface.jpg

If it has to be an official game, then 10. I've only played it and 2 to completion, and I'm still amazed that it was put on Game Informer's top 200 games for it's "polished vulnerability cycle".

Metroid

Prime 1. The second game was a tad meh, and the only other game I've finished(Zero Mission) seemed too short and easy.

I find Megaman Zero 3 and 1 harder.

I'll agree with MMZ 1 to some extent, but Megaman Zero 3? Difficulty? No such thing. Well... not as difficult as most people make it out to be. Though Blazin' Flizard's stage was a pain in the ass whether it be a normal or a speed run.

Anyway...

Mega Man 3 as my favorite ((I would also say MM 5 but "Haters gonna hate"))

And Metroid Fusion as my favorite metriod game for now.

Metroid would be an easy tie between Prime 1 (Wii revisions preferred) and Metroid Fusion. As for Megaman, Megaman X has essentially embedded itself in my memory due to it being one of the first ever games I played. It wasn't exactly difficult, but it was fun. Also, ZX Advent? Difficult? Really. The ZX games are currently the two easiest I've played.

Mega Man 5 and Super Metroid.

I actually don't really play Metroid games, but Super Metroid is one of the few available to me right now, and I like it.

The only Megaman game I played was the PSP remake of the first game. It was ok, but I didn't get too much into it.

My favorite Metroid game is Zero Mission. I played it on the Wii's VBA emulator, and ended up buying a GBA SP so I could play it anywhere. Second game is Prime 1. Prime 2 and 3 weren't that great, but maybe it's because playing and reading its walkthrough really does feel like you're being told what to do. Prime Hunters is also fun, but still not as great as Zero Mission.

I'm surprised anybody said MM5. It's regarded as one of the weaker classic games. Nice to see MM6 get recognition, though. It's one of the more underrated Mega Man games.

I'm surprised anybody said MM5. It's regarded as one of the weaker classic games.

Honestly, I've never quite understood why. The music and visuals are great, the levels, bosses, and gimmicks are varied and fun up until the castle stages (and even those aren't terrible per se, they're just not as interesting). And unlike Mega Man 2, it doesn't have any infuriating difficulty spikes. I agree with Mega Man 6 though, I think it just didn't take off due to how late into the NES it was released.

To each their own I guess. Although if you ask me, all of the classic Mega Man games have some shining qualities of their own. Except 4. I fucking hate 4.

Nice to see MM6 get recognition, though. It's one of the more underrated Mega Man games.
Inorite? MM6 was the first video game I ever played. It shall always have a place in my heart as the one that started it all for me. Secret boss rooms in 4 stages, divergent paths, and Megaman in a jetpack and boxing gloves. What isn't to be loved?

Super Metroid is the pinnacle of the 2D Metroid experience. It was the one to install the map, has the most moves, has HIDDEN SECRET SKILLS only dedicated experimenters (and lazy GFAQSers) could figure out, and you fight Ridley TWICE!

I chose Prime 1 V1.1 as superior to the other 3 Prime games (yes there were 3 others, not 2, weird huh?) because as follows:

1. Hunters has little to no impact on the overlaying story arc... and sucks donkey boner.
  2. Echoes has a tendency to turn you around after fighting a geemer wannabe with it's backgrounds. About the closest to diverse backgrounds is Agon Wastes when you reach the Pirates' Tactical Base.
  3. Corruption loses out for one reason, and one reason only. Metroid Fusion Syndrome. [allcaps]NO SEQUENCE BREAKS OF ANY VIABLE AMOUNT IN A METROID GAME?! ARRRRRRGH!!!![/allcaps]
And I chose v1.1 over v1.0, v1.2, and Player's Choice for only one reason: Most sequence breaks still worked (vs 1.2/PC), and the elevator doesn't enter an eternal loop ever(vs1.0).

Last edited:
Metroid Zero Mission and Megaman X5 (MM6 in the classic series (Let's just say because of Mr. X(Du Dudu dudu dudu dudududuuu duuuu duuuu)))

Nice to see MM6 get recognition, though. It's one of the more underrated Mega Man games.

Indeed, that is sad though... Megaman 6 had awesome music, boss designs and graphics (for its time). Its a shame some people say MM6 sucks because they like MM2 or MM3.

Last edited:
Indeed, that is sad though... Megaman 6 had awesome music, boss designs and graphics (for its time). Its a shame some people say MM6 sucks because they like MM2 or MM3.

Personally I couldn't get into MM 6 as much as the others, though it's stage design and music were very memorable. ESPECIALLY Tomahawk Man's stage music :3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back