• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

S3-Styled Sonic

Status
Not open for further replies.

TehRealSalt

(σᴥσ)
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
Just a little drawing experiment. I'd like opinions on the first frame before I actually start drawing any more.

38snS.PNG

Last edited:
Looks quite nice dude. You should make more, yeah. I can see a promising result coming if you keep it up.

Thanks! I'm working on the second frame now, but I also forgot to show this:

Speed: Fast
Ability: Instashield
Notes: Has a slow
acceleration, but
attacks with great
accuracy when
combatting badniks.

EDIT:
Another frame.

38zsj.PNG

Last edited:
Isn't SRB2 Sonic already Classic Sonic, but it actually fits the game's sprite style. It'd be less misleading if you just called this Sonic 3 styled instead.

Isn't SRB2 Sonic already Classic Sonic, but it actually fits the game's sprite style. It'd be less misleading if you just called this Sonic 3 styled instead.

I wouldn't exactly call SRB2 Sonic classic because of his thok, but that's not a bad idea.
What do you think I should do to make it look more... SRB2-ey?

Wouldn't Instashield be overpowered?

No, it's not a shield that he can call upon instantly if that's what you're thinking, it's his double-jump attack from Sonic 3. It extends his reach when attacking badniks, and if timed correctly, makes it easier to badnik-bounce. It could only let him reach higher areas in the hands of an experienced player.

Last edited:
What exactly looks weird about it?

EDIT:

Another frame done.

38Hoa.PNG

EDIT2:

Yet another one.

38FOL.PNG

EDIT3:

Last rotation of the standing frames.

38GLa.PNG

Now, I'm going to give you guys about 2-3 days to tell me what you hate about these five frames. I'd like to get these frames perfect before moving on, because the rest will pretty much be based on these.

Last edited:
Hey, it looks good!!

The draw are good ( If you draw them yourself, you are a badass! (no offence here! ))
But look at the shoes, they are too small! (Maybe you pick them from original Sonic3\S&K sprites)

Hey, it looks good!!

The draw are good ( If you draw them yourself, you are a badass! (no offence here! ))

Thanks man! They are hand-drawn, and I occasionally look at a reference if I can't get something right.

But look at the shoes, they are too small! (Maybe you pick them from original Sonic3\S&K sprites)

I'm assuming your talking about A4A6? In the other frames, I think they look right.

38XXu.PNG

...his A3A7 frame makes his eyes look a bit big compared to his other frames.

38YAh.PNG
?

A lot of the lineart looks sloppy, blobby, and inconsistent in some places, as well as his spikes being too close to his face, implying he doesn't have a skull for them to stick out of. Really, most people here aren't spriters and probably won't give you the constructive feedback you're looking for. The most you'll get is "It looks fine! :D" or something along those lines that tells you nothing.

I suggest you go here http://www.vg-resource.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=14 instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back