Help with Autoexec.cfg

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarioMaster12

Delete my account pls
I have a problem with autoexec.cfg. For some reason SRB2 will only load 2 Wads when I try to addfiles. Can anyone help me with this problem?

For us to know your problems we need to see what you've typed in your autoexec file.
*Steel* said:
You'll forget about it if you'll have it in Autoexec. Just use SRB2 Launcher.
Autoexec is a faster way to play the game without manually typing commands.

...honestly guys, you could just, you know, solve the problem? >_> "Oh, use this instead" doesn't really count IMO. It's like saying "just use SLADE instead" for an XWE problem.

But anyway, yeah, as TSDude said, we'll need to see what you put in autoexec.cfg so we can figure out what the problem is exactly.

The wads I'm trying to load automatically are:
addfile "SonicGenerationsFinal.wad" (My friend's SRB2 Mod)
addfile "Jasper.wad"
addfile "Soonata.wad"
And it only loads the first 2.

My guess is that you either you misspelled the last file, or that it isn't in the same folder as SRB2.

If it isn't in the same folder, you can either use the whole path name (EX: addfile "C:\folder\SRB2\different folder\characterwadorlevelpack.wad") or just move the wad to a different folder.

Last edited:
My guess is that you don't have a blank line at the end. autoexec.cfg doesn't actually read lines unless they include a line break, so open up your autoexec.cfg, hit Enter to make a new line, and save, and it should work.

The files are all spelled correctly. And it does use the line break.

EDIT: Batch file sound like it may be helpful. How do you make one?

EDIT2: Batch doesn't work either.

Last edited:
They are probably not in your SRB2 folder then. That's the only thing I can think of...

After doing the line break thing and saving, what does it show when you type listwad in the console? Does it show only the first two wads? If so, I am curious to see what happens if you put the addfile "Soonata.wad" as the first line.

You might also want to re-download the wad from the srb2 mb (here). I just made my own autoexec with just the soonata.wad only and it worked fine.

I have a problem with autoexec.cfg. For some reason SRB2 will only load 2 Wads when I try to addfiles. Can anyone help me with this problem?
As it did happen with me once, my guess: since SRB2 takes a while to load each wad and it ends up skipping script lines, I suggest you add a "wait" between each addfile.

Code:
addfile "name1.wad";
wait 15;
addfile "name2.wad";
wait 15;
addfile "name3.wad";

Last edited:
I assume the first wad is one of those huge +100MB files with everything and whatnot. Use longer waits: wait 35 or wait 70...

... or take this:

Code:
//// SRB2 autoexec configuration file

echo "Loading wads..."
wait 10
addfile "scr_zr2.wad"
wait 70
echo "ZR2 loaded."
addfile "Jasper.wad"
wait 35
echo "Jasper loaded."
addfile "Soonata.wad"
wait 35
echo "Soonata loaded."
echo ""
echo "* All wads loaded successfully! *"
echo ""
I used a 92MB level pack that I have with those 2 characters and all loaded. Preferrably, load the biggest files last.

That's odd, my autoexec.cfg would look like this inside:
Code:
ADDFILE EXAMPLE.WAD
ADDFILE EXAMPLE2.WAD
ADDFILE EXAMPLE3.WAD
ADDFILE EXAMPLE4.WAD
(and so on...)
My srb2 would still work this way.

COnsole commands aren't case-sensitive, so whether you type it in all caps or all lowercase or even every-other-letter caps, it'll behave the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back