• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic Robo Blast 2 Community Asset Package

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neo, that's neat. I hadn't thought of using a patch on the wall behind the spikes like that. It's certainly an improvement over my version. May I take the wall texture you added and put it in the Asset Package? You'll be credited, of course.

SSNTails said:
Now THAT'S creative. I never thought of doing it that way. What is it, a triangle-shaped FOF combined with a midtexture?
Yeah. It also has a couple of invisible FOFs for spike collision. They only cover the space outside the triangles, though, as I wanted Sonic to stand on them in his edge frames. This is why we need Spike Damage to be able to be applied to invisible, intangible FOFs.
I didn't think it would be so easy to make wall sector spikes, but I had some time to think about these things. I usually lie awake in bed at night thinking about things I could put in the Asset Package, and these sector spikes came to me eventually.

Suggestion: Instead of putting the patch over GFZROCK, could you just give it a cyan coloer background? That way we could use it on any texture we wanted.

I did, Neo. You have the patch transparent, but you put it into TEXTURE1 over GFZROCK. >.>

Also, maybe this is a bit redundant, but I'm talking about the circle things.

Re: Now with wall spikes!

SSNTails said:
Boinciel said:
Secondly... Introducing wall spikes! I can't believe nobody made these before, but here they are.

Now THAT'S creative. I never thought of doing it that way. What is it, a triangle-shaped FOF combined with a midtexture?

We so freaking need this for 1.1.

Boinciel said:
This is why we need Spike Damage to be able to be applied to invisible, intangible FOFs.

You can in 1.1. I actually made spike walls in one level, However, they're just 'rods' jutting out from the wall. This way is much cooler.

BlueZero4 said:
I did, Neo. You have the patch transparent, but you put it into TEXTURE1 over GFZROCK. >.>
Do you even know how patches work? I made a patch called SPIKWALL, and made an example entry in TEXTURE1 called GFZROCKS which overlays the spike patch over GFZROCK for the purpose of using it in the example wad. You can take SPIKWALL, make a new entry in TEXTURE1 for say, CEZROCK, overlay it with the patch and use it in your level.

I'm beginning to think this might have to do with XWE's crippled and odd way of dealing with TEXTURE1 and PNAMES. DeePsea makes it so easy, I swear.

Yes, I know how TEXTURE1 works. I would love if SPIKWALL had it's own entry in TEXTURE1, so I could just use middle textures to put it over all the textures we have know without doing extensive TEXTURE1 work for all of the textures already in the game, not to mention the new ones that people add themselves. :X

Two things. Firstly, I haven't received any submissions since Demo 2 was released. At all. What you people don't seem to realize is that future releases are dependent on your support. Cut off that support by not helping the project out, and nobody else will. It will be lost to the void below the second page that nobody looks at, nobody supports, nobody even cares about. Once it's past there, it'll likely be dead for months before someone carelessly bumps it asking for a download link. Then it flounders around a bit before dying once again. I don't want that to happen again, as it has for many of my other projects. Nobody helps, nobody benefits. It's just that simple.

On a more cheerful note, I'm having some trouble deciding which of these grass flats looks better. I'd be happy if all of you told me which one you preferred.
srb20180fr3.png

srb20190mc4.png

Shot 1 is just the normal grass, shot 2 is the same grass with some cheesy effects.

Actually, I like both of those grass textures you used; you don't need to pick between them, just use them in different situations/environments.

I can't entirely say either appeal to me, although it's fine because they're not replacing the standard grass flat, right?

And despite my previous negative outlook (which still stands), I happen to be attempting to sprite a texture replacement pack of my own. It's not done at all, though. However, if you wanted what I have, feel free to use them in the pack if you like them. Basically, that's the DSZ set, a few scenery items, and random bits of stuff.

BlueZero4 said:
I can't entirely say either appeal to me, although it's fine because they're not replacing the standard grass flat, right?
Correct. Everything in this pack is entirely optional and can be added to the main game without replacing anything or screwing anything else up.

BlueZero4 said:
And despite my previous negative outlook (which still stands), I happen to be attempting to sprite a texture replacement pack of my own. It's not done at all, though. However, if you wanted what I have, feel free to use them in the pack if you like them. Basically, that's the DSZ set, a few scenery items, and random bits of stuff.
Thanks. I might fix a few of them, but overall they seem like nice textures.

Also, I think I should've mentioned this before, but the blue brick texture isn't done, not to mention the metal thing isn't even made into a square yet. >,<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back