Pokemon X and Y Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it seems that way right now. It does sound like the Pokemon will transform immediately when entering battle with a Mega Stone item, but it does make the possibility of Mega Pokemon learning exclusive moves a bit more on the unlikely side than anything, unless there are moves you can have them only learn when in their Mega state or they have a separate move pool. Yeah, it is definitely one of those cases where we have to wait and see.

Still not particularly a fan of these Mega evolutions, though it seems like to me only fully evolved pokes are getting them so far.

http://serebii.net/index2.shtml

Woah, plenty of things revealed yesterday here.

New pokemon, another Mega evo for Mewtwo, and the Fairy-type chart's been completely revealed (super-effectiveness, weaknesses, you get the idea).

Oh, and possibly Steel is actually losing a few resistances too? No confirmation on that yet however.

EDIT: Hang on a sec, Fairy is now super-effective against Dark/Ghost type pokes? There goes the "no-weaknesses" type combo.

Last edited:
Pokemon X and Y look pretty interesting. However, I'm probably not going to buy them, because I've pretty much lost my trust in pokemon now. Black and White looked interesting, (and even somewhat like a new fire red) but the real game was pretty bad. Not to mention all the other weird decisions made during Generation five.

Guess I'll just have to wait and see how it turns out, anyway.

Pokemon X and Y look pretty interesting. However, I'm probably not going to buy them, because I've pretty much lost my trust in pokemon now. Black and White looked interesting, (and even somewhat like a new fire red) but the real game was pretty bad. Not to mention all the other weird decisions made during Generation five.

Guess I'll just have to wait and see how it turns out, anyway.

Opinions are opinions. However considering that X/Y has implemented a new pokemon type, plus the inclusion of "mega forms", this does mean that a lot of changes towards the meta. . .towards almost everything tbh. I wouldn't just loose hope yet only because of a previous game that contributed more towards story and perhaps easier EV training.

Unless of course, you're a casual pokemon player and simply play all the way towards the elite 4 and call it done, then I will agree that B/W really made that rather easy. . .actually, easier compared to past pokemon games; I actually felt bad for having a freaking HM slave in my party o_o. But, until the game comes out tomorrow, we really won't know how much interaction will commence in the world, the battles, or anything really until we actually play it. I wouldn't just give up yet. Wait till a price drop or something and give this new gen one last chance *shrugs* I mean, if B/W actually got most players back into playing pokemon again, then I'm sure X/Y intends on making gameplay just as entertaining, casual or competitive *shrugs*

Opinions are opinions. However considering that X/Y has implemented a new pokemon type, plus the inclusion of "mega forms", this does mean that a lot of changes towards the meta. . .towards almost everything tbh. I wouldn't just loose hope yet only because of a previous game that contributed more towards story and perhaps easier EV training.

Unless of course, you're a casual pokemon player and simply play all the way towards the elite 4 and call it done, then I will agree that B/W really made that rather easy. . .actually, easier compared to past pokemon games; I actually felt bad for having a freaking HM slave in my party o_o. But, until the game comes out tomorrow, we really won't know how much interaction will commence in the world, the battles, or anything really until we actually play it. I wouldn't just give up yet. Wait till a price drop or something and give this new gen one last chance *shrugs* I mean, if B/W actually got most players back into playing pokemon again, then I'm sure X/Y intends on making gameplay just as entertaining, casual or competitive *shrugs*

Well, Pokémon X & Y comes out tomorrow. Guess we'll wait and see. Maybe we can post our opinions on here.

Current Pokémon Y Team:

Toadsworth (Froakie) Lv. 12

Buggsly (Spewpa) Lv. 9

Tweets (Fletchling) Lv. 10

Qrst (Pansear) Lv. 7

Quacklin' (Farfetch'd) Lv. 10

Torchic Lv. 13

I didn't know that they gave alot of old Pokemon new cries. Once I heard Metapod's new cry, I was startled at first but I like it. Some of them were unnecessary though. Ether way, I'm loving the game so far.

Current Pokémon Y Team:

Toadsworth (Froakie) Lv. 12

Buggsly (Spewpa) Lv. 9

Tweets (Fletchling) Lv. 10

Qrst (Pansear) Lv. 7

Quacklin' (Farfetch'd) Lv. 10

Torchic Lv. 13

You can post your current X or Y team on here if you would like to. You don't have to do it, but I though it could be a cool thing to do.

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

Toadsworth (Greninja) Lv. 41

Charizard Lv. 36

Tweets (Talonflame) Lv. 37

Buggsly (Vivillon) Lv. 36

Blaziken Lv. 42

Successor (Lucario) Lv. 36

My Pokémon Y team at this moment in time as i'm writing this post.

So, I hear that the amount of level-grinding in this outing is drastically reduced. Is that right? That's pretty much the only thing that I hated about Gold and Silver, my favorite generation.

So, I hear that the amount of level-grinding in this outing is drastically reduced. Is that right? That's pretty much the only thing that I hated about Gold and Silver, my favorite generation.

EXP Share is a key item now that can be turned on and off and it gives the exact amount of EXP your Pokemon that is fighting would receive if I am correct (it no longer says that they earned a certain amount of EXP, just that they received EXP from the fight). There is also the thing about earning EXP from catching Pokemon too. Those are the only two ways I am aware of from playing the game as of now.

EXP Share is a key item now that can be turned on and off and it gives the exact amount of EXP your Pokemon that is fighting would receive if I am correct (it no longer says that they earned a certain amount of EXP, just that they received EXP from the fight). There is also the thing about earning EXP from catching Pokemon too. Those are the only two ways I am aware of from playing the game as of now.

I read somewhere before that there would be an eaiser way to get shiny pokemon. I don't know what it is, though.

Well, I beat Pokémon Y in two days.

Go me.

Anyways, in my opinion, it's a pretty good game. The 3D animations are great, it has a great story, awesome music, cool Pokémon and Mega Evolutions, and it's really challenging, too.

Complaints?

One of mine would be that, while the attack animations are greatly done, I feel like there could have been more, as in, for like specific attacks, even if there are some. But then again, if that was done, the game would have been delayed or somethin'. Also how your character turns weird while walking, but turns smoothly while skating and biking and using Surf. Also, I never got to take off my skates, either. Are you supposed to?

idk. Either way, the game is great, and I hope the other people here who go it, and or Pokémon X, love it, too.

Last edited:
Well I just caught an... interesting looking Pokémon in Y just now. I'm not gonna say what it is yet, but chances are you probably already know what it is.

Also I go on here alot, don't I?

Well I just caught an... interesting looking Pokémon in Y just now. I'm not gonna say what it is yet, but chances are you probably already know what it is.

Also I go on here alot, don't I?

Have you found a Taillow yet? I tried to find one on Route 8 but I got annoyed and left because of all the wild Wingull.

Have you found a Taillow yet? I tried to find one on Route 8 but I got annoyed and left because of all the wild Wingull.

Haven't seen one yet. I checked my Pokédex and everything. But the one I was talking about is not a regular Pokémon. ;)

Well, I also cleared it yesterday, and while it's beyond easy into pure joke difficulty at this point, I'm still having a great time searching for stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back