Palettes and Sprite Rips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charybdizs

>WTB lamp oil
Administrator
Kart Krew™️
I've seen a few sprite rip wad characters around, and I was wondering, how do you manage that? Obviously it's not hard to get the sprites and everything, but how do you get them to show up using the right palette in-game? I tried one and it was all weird colors.

There are various methods of replacing all instances of a color with a different one; some programs can convert between palettes by changing all colors to their closest match.

I'd like to remind you however that sprite rip characters are not allowed here, though you are certainly free to make them for your own use and distribute them outside of the SRB2 message board.

There's also the matter of having the right pallete selected in the WAD editor you're using at the time you add the sprites to it. If you have the wrong pallete, the index numbers will be incorrect, and your poor sprite will look like it visited Acid Trip Zone.

There are various methods of replacing all instances of a color with a different one; some programs can convert between palettes by changing all colors to their closest match.

What programs would those be?

I'd like to remind you however that sprite rip characters are not allowed here, though you are certainly free to make them for your own use and distribute them outside of the SRB2 message board.

Yep, I'm aware of that, I ACTUALLY read the FAQ. :D However, this character, *drumroll* is not actually a sprite rip. That was just an example I gave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back