Size limit for wads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no limit to physical file size, but there are limits imposed on individual maps. A single map cannot have more than 256 types of flats, 65536 tags, or a certain number of linedefs or sectors (I'm not sure of the number in that case). Linedefs can't be longer than 32,768 fracunits. There may also be some others that I'm unaware of.

However, I don't think you need to worry about going beyond the limits. These limits are so huge that no reasonable level would ever exceed them. Even the two largest levels in SRB2's history, Egg Rock Zone Act 2 and Neo Aerial Garden Zone, don't even come close to any of these limits.

Last edited:
But if you try to join in some servers with a wad(normally with a filesize bigger than 500Kb), a message will appear, saying the file can't be downloaded from the server because the file exceeded the filesize limit.

That's the server downloading limit, and that's completely different. That is actually adjustable; the host of the server can set the maximum filesize that can be downloaded while connecting.

If you have a wad in a netgame over 100mb (dont ask why) Can you join the game if you have the file?

I don't see any reason why not. There's no cutoff for size, provided that you have the WAD. If you don't, then it will depend on how many kilobytes the host of the server has allowed to be sent to joining players, as I stated above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back