Golden Axe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonnarkku

Obamasnow Fan-- With a Hat
This game was a combination of the classic side-fighting games SEGA made in the Genesis era and the adventure on mediaval times, the game is about an evil warrior (Death Adder) who took over the castle of the kingdom, he has an army of skeletons, amazons and strong warriors to spread his evilness around the kingdom, but as in any other game, there are these 3 warriors (Ax, Gilius and Tyris) who opose him and have decided to go to the castle and defeat him, this game is a very good choice for the ones who like not-overgored blade fighting.

This game is the ONLY game i´ve seen where enemies are not overpowered or overweakened, they were just LOGICAL, also, at the end of every stage, there is a music change and a higher number of enemies appear, giving you a good sence of battle and feel stronger by every enemy you defeat, the diferences betwen enemies were logic and still had the limits of power you can get to see in a real life fighting.

I can say alot of effort went into this game and that the different paths, character gameplay and RANKING gives this game an extreamly high relay value.

Now, have you played it, heard of it, want it? post.

Oh thanks for posting about this, I absolutely love the Golden Axe series. 2nd one's the best though IMO. It has good fighting system, nice music, but they could of had more levels especially in the 1st one (haven't beaten the 3rd one yet)

Apparently the new one was "axed" with horrible glitches and terrible gameplay...

A shame really, since the original Genesis Golden Axe titles are still shining gold in the SEGA catalog. And really, with a premise and gameplay style like that, I must agree that Golden Axe was a fantastic game.

But it seems like SEGA can't hold up to standards now.... Wonder what in Mobius is going on down there....

I always loved the gameplay in the Golden Axe series, the First few games (The ones in the Arcade, and Sega Mega Drive, as I don't know if the Saturn had a Golden Axe game) In the series were awesome, the new one just made me feel embarrassed, with all those bad glitches, horrible gameplay, and terrible controls, I'll never buy the new Golden Axe (As I'd rather get Virtua Fighter 5).

And Sega Superstars Tennis (If you didn't notice) has Gilius Thunderhead playable, and SST was the first game I ever owned with Golden Axe Characters in it.

Bigboi said:
Both Golden Axe and Altered Beast were both terrible.
I don't trust you....

Speaking of which, are you talking about the Genesis classic or the 360 title.... If you're speaking about the Genesis then you're crazy.

GREG THE CAT said:
Speaking of which, are you talking about the Genesis classic or the 360 title.... If you're speaking about the Genesis then you're crazy.
He has a point. With the exceptions of a few great games (Gauntlet, FTW), Hack and Slash games are usually disliked.

I loved this game. It became quite difficult to beat once my up button on the Genesis controller broke...both for this and Streets of Rage 1, I'd have to suicide a couple times to get past the pits xD

I always used the dwarf dude :D and never used magic because 'I considered it cheap'.
I used to be able to beat this and SoR without losing any lives (excluding the necessary suicides xD)

The younger me would laugh at my now pathetic skills...D:

The main series, particularly the first one, sucked. The only way to succeed in the game was to use running attacks constantly.

I bought Golden Axe for Virtual Console when my friends forced me to. I'm not really feeling the vibe. I guess it's okay for its decade, but the background music sucks, and the gameplay doesn't seem all that deep, to be honest.

You might hate it, you might love it, in both ways, it has to be admitted that this was the ONLY game in history that gave logical stats to the enemies.

Sonnarkku said:
You might hate it, you might love it, in both ways, it has to be admitted that this was the ONLY game in history that gave logical stats to the enemies.
Not really.

I mean, TTYD had a well varied list of enemies, each with logical stats. You know, how a Piranha Plant has 9 attack power and how koopas have only four health, two attack power, and one defense when not laid down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back